Your longest length of stay?

...Using the points we have we can stay 26 days but is that too long? Our longest prior stay was two weeks and that was over the Thanksgiving holiday but this stay would be in January and February (because of the UR deadline). Don’t know what will keep us enthused for that long of time at that time of year except for the weather...

This is actually a hard question to answer because of the time of year you are going. We have done 12 days at Disney (one week at Pop and 5 days at BWV). We actually drove down (from Michigan) and back so that took another couple of days. By the time we were supposed to check out, we were ready to go home but not because we had "had enough". The first week (while at Pop) the weather was gorgeous (last full week in January). The second week? Freezing! Walking around in the biting wind was pretty miserable. So I realized that Disney isn't really where I want to be when it's cold out. The fact that you have a 1 bedroom to lounge around in (we were in a studio) AND you have many more days where you can opt to not go out if the weather is not so good should help. Crowds will also affect your enjoyment - we are always ready to come home when it is too crowded. Best case scenario, good weather + low crowds = we never want to leave! My fingers are crossed for you!

Terri

This is actually a hard question to answer because of the time of year you are going. We have done 12 days at Disney (one week at Pop and 5 days at BWV). We actually drove down (from Michigan) and back so that took another couple of days. By the time we were supposed to check out, we were ready to go home but not because we had "had enough". The first week (while at Pop) the weather was gorgeous (last full week in January). The second week? Freezing! Walking around in the biting wind was pretty miserable. So I realized that Disney isn't really where I want to be when it's cold out. The fact that you have a 1 bedroom to lounge around in (we were in a studio) AND you have many more days where you can opt to not go out if the weather is not so good should help. Crowds will also affect your enjoyment - we are always ready to come home when it is too crowded. Best case scenario, good weather + low crowds = we never want to leave! My fingers are crossed for you!

Terri

We are originally from Saginaw and have always driven down; likewise, now that we are living in Wisconsin we do the same. Our other stays of two weeks was at a time of year that entertainment was provides, i.e. Food and Wine Festival or the Christmas concerts, so we had things to fill any extra time. This trip it seems we won’t have much out of the ordinary to take in. If it gets cold I guess we will be going to the malls.

We stayed 4 weeks in a studio last summer. 1 week at BCV and 2 weeks at VWL. It was absolutely amazing. Hubby and I are both teachers so we can get away for an extended time during the summer.

I've stayed 15 days in the Orlando area last January and I felt like i barely scratched the surface of what is available to enjoy. I think I could be there more than a month without being ever bored for a minute.
But for a long stay I would suggest to rent a car and visit places outside of WDW, there are so many other nice places like the Universal or Sea world parks, the International Drive area, Tampa, Kennedy Space center, the ocean...

I was in DVC accomodations for 29 straight nights beginning in December (I do love going to WDW for NYE!:cheer2:) through the last week in January this year. There were many guests, different sorts of accomodations and it did include 6 nights at VB in an OVIR with a friend. Planning for this began in 2010, Marathon weekend, when family decided everyone would do the 5k in 2012 and some would do the 1/2 marathon then. (We now decided that the next big Family Marathon time will be in 2014!)

Tacked on to the DVC stay was a week long cruise and then another stay with my family in Florida, so I was away from Ohio about 7 weeks. I missed my black lab, Belle, so much by the end of that time, that I'm only doing a total of 4 weeks beginning with this NYEs stay. Again, I'll be with DH, other family members and friends for different parts of the trip which will include the 2013 MC!:boat:

Bobbi:goodvibes

Our longest DVC stay was 17 days (it was really a 3 week trip but we drove to FL from NJ so, there were 2 days bookended for travel on the way down, and then on the way back). 17 days at the Wilderness Lodge.....it was heaven :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter