Your opinion on restaurants I'm thinking of trying....

We don't usually eat at a lot of places off site, but we absolutely love Outback. We even we to ones in other states and they are equally as good. The Bloomin Onion is awesome and we all love the Alice Spring chicken and another vote here for the pork steaks with apples! :thumbsup2

We absolutely love IHOP - we have had breakfast and lunch. Good for setting you up for the day in a park, portions are huge and everything comes with pancakes !!

Applebees is so good! Some of them have really good karaoke nights. Very entertaining to watch while you eat your food haha. I'm surprised at the amount of people bigging up Ihop. I'm not a huge fan... and I always found the service to be hit or miss. I remember on one occasion waiting for a table for about 10 minutes just being ignored by all the servers. And they weren't even busy. In my opinion there are plenty of similar joints to Ihop that do it so much better.

May I suggest Cracker Barrel though. Best one out of the lot. It almost made me as happy as being in a Disney park haha. Kind of healthier to most American chains... very cheap... very good portions. It's a country style restaurant... all homecooked style.

May I suggest Cracker Barrel though. Best one out of the lot. It almost made me as happy as being in a Disney park haha. Kind of healthier to most American chains... very cheap... very good portions. It's a country style restaurant... all homecooked style.

I have been looking around the net trying to find a menu with prices for CB, can't find anything. Never been into one but this trip we had a few days Geocaching while there, Outside most CB's is a cache hidden somewhere, we found about 5. Got me wondering what the food was like, maybe our Oct trip we will try one.

After the 5 bad replies and no compliments about Black Angus I emailed them this morning and included all your thoughts, told them I was not happy having a tip included and would not be going back. This was their reply below, I have just sent a 2nd email off to them.
Hi, Wayne. You absolutely should not have been charged a gratuity unless there were six or more in your party. I take it that was not the case? Do you remember your server's name or what they looked like? Also, for clarification ... This year you also ate at the location on SR 535, correct? Do you remember the date or approx time?
Regards,
Elias W

Just had another email from Black Angus about adding tips.
Hi, Wayne! No, it is not the policy for a party of three. I apologize for the mistake, and if you will please give me a few days we will straighten this out. Additionally, I'd like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. I can't say it enough ... Black Angus Orlando prides itself on providing great food and outstanding service. If we don't live up that commitment, we want to know.

I'll try to get back to you by the end of this week.
Regards,
Elias W

Outback steakhouse is great. As mentioned above, the Bloomin' Onion is highly recommended. Just order one for the table.....there WILL be enough

I agree about IHOP breakfast:excellent. You won't eat for the rest of the day. Despite other comments we have only had good experiences at Black Angus (LBV) but will be trying Outback this coming October after all the good reviews. Where's the nearest to LBV?

Just to balance the argument slightly, we have eaten at Black Angus several times and have found it generally very good. The salads are great, the Strawberry Daiquiris are amazing and the steaks have been excellent.

It is a shame that some have had bad experiences, but what I would say is go and try these places for yourself and make up your own mind - it's horses for courses. We personally can not stand IHOP, but it does well on these boards, so really does depend on your own expectations and of course, what you and your family like to eat.

Fortunately for us tourists, for every 1 bad restaurant in the Orlando area, there are 20 great ones so you should have no trouble getting a full belly !!

but what I would say is go and try these places for yourself and make up your own mind - it's horses for courses. We personally can not stand IHOP, but it does well on these boards, so really does depend on your own expectations and of course, what you and your family like to eat.

:thumbsup2 .x.

www.crackerbarrel.com

If you click at one of the pictures at the top of the page there is a menu one :-)

I found the service to be very Disney. They don't want you to leave feeling unhappy. And if you voice your concerns... they rectify them.

There are a fair few in the Orlando area. I can't remember which one she works at but there is an absolutely fantastic server there called Ginger. If you encounter her you'll love her to pieces!

*Black Angus- ok but tip was included so service wasnt great, not be going back

After the 5 bad replies and no compliments about Black Angus I emailed them this morning and included all your thoughts, told them I was not happy having a tip included and would not be going back. This was their reply below, I have just sent a 2nd email off to them.
Hi, Wayne. You absolutely should not have been charged a gratuity unless there were six or more in your party. I take it that was not the case? Do you remember your server's name or what they looked like? Also, for clarification ... This year you also ate at the location on SR 535, correct? Do you remember the date or approx time?
Regards,
Elias W

and there was only 4 of us when we went!

and there was only 4 of us when we went!

We went out for a meal with our Cast member friends just after Black Angus and told them, they said unless its clearly on the menu its still Illeagal in US to include it. Don't know the law over there but our friends couldn't believe it had been added, I bet they don't add it for Amercan diners.

Re: cracker barrel... I don't think they put the prices on the website because it varies from state to state so there isn't one generic price. The most expensive entree I remember seeing was like $12... most were around $8.

Re: cracker barrel... I don't think they put the prices on the website because it varies from state to state so there isn't one generic price. The most expensive entree I remember seeing was like $12... most were around $8.

Most websites let you put in the location then it gives you local menu and prices but looks like CB are bit behind times with this. Might try one in Oct but only there for 8 nights, we have so many places we like its difficult fitting new ones in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter