Your Opinion

If you could, would you pay $10 a month to reopen VMK?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

GoofyWaterCoaster

<font color=blue><marquee> Please stand clear of t
Bug, Acecpt.Rich, and I were wondering about this question. Please be honest.

I would. I never thought I would until the announcement it was going to close.

33 cents a day?

That's a bargain for a little Disney magic escape with friends, quests, Disney music, Hosts, etc :)

Even before they announced the closing of VMK, I was wishing that they would make it pay to play. My thoughts were, that VMK was such an awesome free game .. what could they do with the game if we gave them money to back it.

For example; hire more staff to watch out for the trouble makers, and a better customer service area, so there would be less unfair bannings. They could get more/bigger servers so there wouldn't be so much lag ... the list just goes on and on. They could have still kept it free to play with the option to pay for upgraded game play ... just like they do with POTC, and it seems that most games out there in the virtual world are doing the same. Basically, I wanted to pay, so I could have a legitimate say in what happens in the game.

When I see all the stuff they have planned for the fairies game, I get extremely jealous, and just wish they had taken VMK in the same direction. I like to think that eventually they will come back to some kind of virtual Disneyland game. Disney spends so much money on Park advertising and incentives it only makes sense to have a game that ties in with the Park. Maybe VMK was just the Beta for some bigger and better version in the future .. if that is the case, I hope it remains in it's cartoonish style, rather than a realistic style like POTC.

What I get out of VMK is not worth $10.

For that amount of money, I could do so much better things than self-indulgence in a virtual game. I could donate it to something I believe in, buy someone lunch, give it as a gift, etc. And for a year's subscription of $120 I would much rather put it into a savings account and let interest take care of it for the future, when virtual games won't matter in life when I'm trying to pay bills and find a job.

If you want to talk to friends, most instant messengers are free.

However I am disappointed that so far all that they can come up with to replace VMK is single-subject games like Club Penguin, Pirates, Pixie, and Cars. If anything, they should have created more diverse free games to compromise the variety of VMK.
-dumbooo =]

Thats just as much as POTCO.... the only problem is that I would have to choose beteween POTCO and VMK. There is no way I would spend $240 a year playing VMK and POTCO

I don't think it would be worth it for me to pay to play vmk. I mean only being able to play 2 or 3 days a week, I just wouldn't get the time in for my money.

I wouldn't really want to.
It's too much to pay on a game, and I was getting pretty bored with it.
I have found that most of my friends that are not Dis members are either on VMKForums or VMKMagic

I can't answer this because it really depends on the situation. I really wouldn't want to pay $10 a month, every month, but I would consider a once yearly payment that averages out to less than $10 a month. $120 a year seems a little much for me. Plus, it also depends on if we would start over from scratch or not. If we would, I absolutely would say no way to paying.

I think that more likely the parents would than the kids. For example, my allowance is $12 a month, and my parents would make me pay for it, since they hate VMK all the same. And I am still a kid, I have a life, I have friends I hang with, a boyfriend (and for guys, a girlfriend). So I have much more in life to do.

Adults, I am not saying you guys don't have a life, but you don't get out too much. Ya, grocery shopping, clothes shopping, stuff like that, but face it, you have a LOT more time around the house then kids do. My sister is still in school, which is 8 hours of her day!

Anyways, that was just my point. I wouldn't pay. I have gotten over VMK, but $10 a month just to play for 5 hours total a week, not worth it for me.

EDIT: funfly just totally reminded me about work! I had totally forgotten. I was thinking about my mom, she doesn't have a job, and is a housewife. So yes, adults and kids have an equal amount of free time in the end, I just think most married adults with kids would probably be on VMK more than kids. Thanks funfly!

I think that more likely the parents would than the kids. For example, my allowance is $12 a month, and my parents would make me pay for it, since they hate VMK all the same. And I am still a kid, I have a life, I have friends I hang with, a boyfriend (and for guys, a girlfriend). So I have much more in life to do.

Adults, I am not saying you guys don't have a life, but you don't get out too much. Ya, grocery shopping, clothes shopping, stuff like that, but face it, you have a LOT more time around the house then kids do. My sister is still in school, which is 8 hours of her day!

Anyways, that was just my point. I wouldn't pay. I have gotten over VMK, but $10 a month just to play for 5 hours total a week, not worth it for me.

:confused3 I bolded part of your post....all I can say is :rotfl2: I don't have LOTS more time around the house than kids do...I work 8 hours a day, then do the grocery shopping....stuff like that, come home, cook dinner, do laundry, clean up, hmmm whatever else needs to be done for that day.

I'm not upset by your thoughts of adult life, nor am I trying to upset or argue with anyone here about it....just thought I'd inform those who think adults have lots more time than kids.... ;)

I would have if they would have offered a couple of months ago. Now I don't even miss it.

While I DO miss my darling VMK, I'm actually a little relieved it's over. I've mentioned on numerous occasions on all three of the big VMK boards (DIS, VMKMagic and VMK Forums) that VMK took a lot of my homework time away, and it totally controlled my life. I know it's pathetic, but it really did. So now that it's over I'm not always obsessing about what new rare things I have to get or how many more credits I need to get this thing or that thing. (I actually even remember during the last, like, 5 or so days I didn't bother buying or trying to get any of the new stuff, because it was all gonna be gone anyways.)

Not only that, but college students don't really have a whole lot of money, and the little bit of money I do get is from either Christmas or birthdays. One would think $25 (for birthdays) and $50 (for Xmas) would be enough, but I don't think it would last long. AND I also don't have a job, which makes it harder.

So I guess it depends on how much I miss VMK. It was fun and all, but I think it's time to stay focused on school for me now.

:confused3 I bolded part of your post....all I can say is :rotfl2: I don't have LOTS more time around the house than kids do...I work 8 hours a day, then do the grocery shopping....stuff like that, come home, cook dinner, do laundry, clean up, hmmm whatever else needs to be done for that day.

I'm not upset by your thoughts of adult life, nor am I trying to upset or argue with anyone here about it....just thought I'd inform those who think adults have lots more time than kids.... ;)

HAHA! I was totally thinking about my mom for that one! Ya, she's a housewife, and she doesn't have a job. So obviously she doesn't. You make a REALLY good point though. But my mom usually has about 6 hours of free time, not including that she stays up much later than me. Thanks for the reminder funfly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter