Your pick and why: Sony DSC-H7, Canon S5IS or Fuji S700 (also called S5700) Thanks

vickiea

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are in the market for a new Point and Shoot DC, we currently have a Minolta Dimage F100 - it stinks!

We though about a DSLR but it is too much for our needs.:scared1:

Primary needs - good family shots of an ON THE GO family - we have 3 kids 5 and under and we want to catch them in natural shots, inside, outside, daytime and night time, from up close and far away (dance & horse shows etc). And of course we head to WDW in 31 days :banana: so we want good shots there too (within reasonable expectations).

It seems that these three cameras (Sony DSC-H7, Canon S5 IS and Fuji FinePix S700) offer what we want. I am interested in people's opinions on why they would pick one over another (keep in mind I don't know much about photography). The fuji is $200 cheaper than the others - but am I sacrificing something for that? Also the Canon and Fuji take regular AA batteries - do they eat these like my F100 did?

TIA for your help.

Vickie

hi there, i used to have a sony H5( out just before the H7/H9) and i really liked it...i recently sold it and went with the canon S5 mainly due to the fact that i only want to carry one camera around, so i sold my video camera as the canon takes excellent video clips...i love my canon, i think more so than the sony....i got my sony to take great pics, but i had to play with the settings a little...my canon seems to take better pics more easily...it is easy to use, has awesome zoom, takes double A's( a bonus to me) and doesnt eat them up, has a nice size lcd which rotates into many angles(great for taking some hard to get shots)....if you tell me your email address, i could send you some pics from my camera to let u see what if can do...i also have 3 kids, mine are just older and i take tons of pictures of them and their sports-one is a cheerleader, one plays soccer, and the hockey....i also look after 5 little ones and they are my "practice", i am always taking pictures of them and sending them to their parents...good luck in your choice, i know it is hard, but i am truly happy with mine...We are headed to disneyland in 8 days and i am so excited to try it out there...
sharon
me, dh, dd-16-:cheer2:, ds- 14-:goofy:, dd-turned 12 in 2 days ago -:tink:
WDW-Dec 04-first disney experience for my DH, DD, DS, DD and first time at WDW for us all
DL-MAY 06-first time at DL for DH and kids , and my 9th(but the first 8 were all by the time i was about 13) so it was all new to me
:cool1: COUNTDOWN IS ON....WE ARE GOING BACK TO DL SEPT 15-25!!!!!-8more sleeps til we leave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter