Your Ride BAD Experience!

LoriZH

<font color=CC66CC>The GooGoo Dolls rock!!!!<br><f
Okay first off let me say that the driver David was VERY nice, HOWEVER, can you say LAZY?! I don't know if I have been spoiled by Tiffany or what but this is how it went.

I was traveling alone with 4 children, 2 four year olds, a 9 year old and a 14 year old (9&14 were girls) we were met by David at the airport ontime (very GOOD sign, so I thought) the first thing he said to me was let's go get your baggage, well we go over to get our baggage (3 suitcases and a stroller) and the guy says to me "you want to stop at the store, right?" I told him yes they said I could, AND then he says "well I will if you make it fast!" I didn't know what to say to this, I had confirmed with Rabbit/Robert that this is what we wanted to do, stop at the store and he assured me this is NO problem, it is part of his service! So, I just said "okay" THEN the guy tells me to get a skycap to help me with my baggage while he goes to get the car! I THOUGHT HE WAS SUPPOSE TO HELP ME WITH MY BAGGAGE???!!! Tiffany Town Car did, is this NOT a service Your Ride supplies???? So, after I TIP another skycap, he brings me curb side and David shows up about 10 minutes later and do you think he helped us put the bags in the trunk, YUP he helped with ONE of them, my 9 year old daughter was toting the suitcases as I was buckling in the 4 year olds! We tried to help with our luggage with Tiffany and was told flat out, NO that is our job, this is part of our service. I was VERY upset over this, so I just politely asked my daughter to get in the car and that I would do the rest, this did not phase David ONE bit! I kept thinking, would he have treated me this way if my husband were with me? So on to the supermarket, I felt like I was on a game show, with his speeding to the store and me running through the isles trying to find water and juice as to not upset the man. Well, we finally make it to the hotel and yup you guessed it, he did NOT help with ONE bag, all he did was open the trunk and the kids and the bell service helped with the rest. So of course I had to TIP someone else to bring our bags to the curb! Well, then he delivers the news to me that he will be picking me up at 7:30 am on our return dated, umm...my flight doesn't leave until 11:30! I am to wait 4 hours at the airport???!!! NOT! I said I will call the company and arrange a time with them. Well when I did call Rabbit/Robert (?) told me it was Cruise day at the airport and that I should arrive early, nope, I told him pick us up at 8:45 AM, the hotel said it was a half hour ride and the airline said just be there 90 minutes prior. We still had a 2 hour wait at the airport because there was no traffic and it was not busy at all inside, but it was better than 4 hour wait!

I was very very disappointed in this company's service and felt rushed by them and ripped off. Like I said the guy was VERY nice and I was polite as possible to him (and yes I tipped him, I just didn't know what to do). I had thought about asking for another driver, but didn't want to complain to the company and get the guy in trouble, I'm not like that. If he was a rude jerk, sure I would have complained, but he was a nice guy, just lazy and not very helpful.

My way of dealing with this is, just not to use their service again. They were on time and we made it safe and sound (although there were times I wasn't sure we would he was driving so fast!) but, I think that if I paid for a service, then I should have received it and I didn't. Tiffany Town Car was on time, didn't speed, didn't make me feel rushed and certainly helped with the luggage, so I will use them from now on.

OBTW, our vacation was wonderful, so this experience did NOT put a damper on it one bit!

This is the first negative post I've read on YourRide. Sorry you didn't have a good experience. Thanks for posting.

LoriZH
I am very SORRY that you had a bad experience with my Company and David!!!I will have a talk with him and show him your post. Im not there standing over my drivers and witching them the only way I know what's going on is by you telling me.. Again I am very sorry that David was this way. I have had very good things said about him. If you would like to try our service out again. Your next round trip will be on me.. It will be FREE to you!!! "Rabbit"

After I read your post, the first thing that came to mind was that I thought you should give Rabbit a chance to correct a "difficult" situation. Then I scrolled down and saw his reply. He seems to be a very conscientious business owner and I'm not surprised at the reply he posted. I hope you'll be able to take him up on his offer.

Rabbit, like I said, I did not want to get anyone in trouble and I certainly thought that David was VERY nice, however, I was unsure if it was company policy not to help with the bags and to rush the customer or if it was David himself. He stated more than once the phrase "to save more time" (I wasn't looking to save time, I was on vacation) and to tell me that as long as I was quick, I could stop at the store, was really a disappointment to me, you made it perfectly clear to me that this was a service of yours and he made me feel as though you guys were doing me a favor if I hurried. If it's not company policy to help with the bags, then you may want to make the customer aware of that, like I also said, Tiffany did so I was expecting it from your service too, but if it is company policy, then you may want to stress that to the driver and make sure they don't make the customer feel obligated to carry their own bag or to tell the customer to get a sky cap. I was traveling alone with 4 children (two very young ones) and to me that was a handful enough and to have my 9 year old carry bags while he watched and didn't offer once to take it from her hands, was EXTREMLY disappointing to me.

I APPRECIATE your offer, honestly I do and I certainly don't want to get anyone in trouble, that was the LAST thing on my agenda, but if I paid for a service and was expecting one thing and got another, I felt as though since this is the place I heard of your company, then I should post my review here, good, bad or indifferent. Also, it did not put a damper on my vacation so I am not stressing about it, just posting my reivew, thanks.

We had a great experience with yourride. Rabbit was waitng to pick us up and helped us with our bags, he asked us if we needed a sky cab and he went and got it for us. He got all our luggage in the van (9 people traveling) opened and shut the doors for us. Took us to the grocery store, didnt feel rushed at all. Had Shrek on video for the kids to watch. He actually jumped out of the car and ran around to open the door for us. Also used him to take us to UNiversal, and we asked him to change our pick up time by one hour and he was able to accomodate us no problem.

You had all that?! I was let out in front of the grocery store and asked to hurry...no video...no help with the bags...boy now I really feel bad...:(

Well, Rabbit has offered an apology (which I have excepted) and even has offered a free ride next time and he's even going to talk to his driver (which I hope he doesn't get in trouble).

Rabbit: That was the correct thing to do for Laura - - - from a business sense, I would consider anything less unacceptable. We are now in a society that where the next guy offers the same thing as we do and the only thing that we (or you can offer) is service. I will be uitilizing your company on June 14, 2002 and look forward to a fantastic and magical service from your company. You stepped up to the post by apologizing and trying to make the best out of a bad situation with Laura - - - you are moving in the right direction.
Ron

We used Yourride in April and Rabbit was our driver.<font color=red> I have got to say that the service was perfect!</font color> Rabbit met us, brought us to our luggage area and moved most of our luggage himself. We didn't feel at all rushed during our grocery stop. And our second use of yourride transportation was just as good. I would rarely call anything perfect - our stay at AKL and BC and our DCL cruise were wonderful but not perfect -but our use of Yourride for transportation was the best decision I could have made for our trip!

I am glad to read Rabbit's response to the problem LoriZH had with his company and hope she takes him up on his offer!

We had a bumpy start with Yourride but I have to say Rabbit went out of his way to correct the situation.

Here's what happened:

We got to the baggage area and saw our driver with our name on the sign. He waited with us while we gathered our bags then told us to go outside and wait for him while he went to get the car. We did and as it turns out, we were waiting in the wrong area. We waited, and waited, and waited - no car. So, finally I used my cell phone and called Yourride and got Rabbit directly. He said he would be right there to get us and asked our specific location - and he was there in about 5 mintues. He explained the whole issue to us. Since 9/11 the airport makes the limos park in an area that is no where near the loading area. He has instructed his drivers to walk the customers out to the loading area and THEN go get the car, but sometimes they just don't (trying to save a step). Our driver was there but we didn't know it as we had walked to another loading area mistakenly. Rabbit ended up apologizing a million times and drove us personally to the resort. The return trip was perfect - no complaints.

My husband has since had a business trip to Orlando and used Yourride with great success. In fact, he arrives in Orlando again tomorrow and is using them again.

Now I'm confused :confused: I have reserved "Yourride" for our June trip and I want to be as sure as I can that nothing is going to go wrong because my worry wart parents are coming with me and my daughter. Is TTC a more established company and should I switch to them? Thanks for any help.

jewelray
I used YOurride twice, once for our transportation from airport and then again to Universal, everything went fine. They were on time if not early to pick us up. I think you will find "glitches" with any company, after all no one is perfect but my experience with yourride was a good one. Plus Rabbitt called the night before to confirm our pick up times, you could even e-mail him to make sure ( thats what I did and he did email me back)

I think Nancy is right, there will be "glitches" with any company at some point in time. I have used TTC 4 times and have NEVER had a problem with them. That being said, I'm sure that one of these time something is going to go wrong. Call it the "law of averages" i guess.

I love my wife's cooking and have never had a bad meal. However, I'm sure that there is one coming in my future. ( I hope she doesn't read this post!!!!!)

Glenn

:eek:

in October - November for our transfers. We have a huge group going so I hope everything goes smoothly!! This is going to be our first time using Yourride, we have always used TTC in the past and really have not had any problems with them. In the dealings that I have had with Rabbit up to date, he has been excellent!! Hopefully our transfers and grocery stop will go very smoothly!!

Lisa

I have a question. It seems that you all are pretty much loyal Tiffany Towncar users, what made you change your mind and try "Your ride" this time around? Will you now go back to TTC? I have some family flying into Orlando and have to decide which one is best to take them to wdw. Thanks :)

Sense I have started having these problems about 21/2 weeks ago I have let 2 drivers go.
Every Company has these problems as they grow. So now I hope I have taken care of this problems!!! Rabbit

wdisneelvr - I probably will not go back to TTC until I use Yourride and see how our transfers go. I want to form my own opinion regarding Yourride.

Like Rabbit said every company goes through things like this when they grow and I completely understand that and it seems that he may have already fixed the problem. I think he did the right thing as a business owner with lorizh. It must be a tough business when you are relying on other drivers to have the same high standard of service like Rabbit has.

Rabbitsz - thanks for replying to this post, I look forward to doing business with your company in October - November for our transfers!!

Lisa

We used TTC last January for a trip to WL, and I was NOT IMPRESSED.
I've booked my November trip with Rabbit for the following reason:
1. sponsor of this board....they deserve our business for helping to support our DIS habit.
2. I've heard wonderful things from Yourride customers. After working in the transportation business for 14 years, I think of myself as an "expert" and Rabbit has really demonstrated the desire and ability to meet his customer needs.
That being said....I've yet to actually use Yourride, and I'll let you know how my trip goes in November.

I have never used Your Ride (but will be using them in July) or TTC so I cannot give my opinion on these yet. In the past we have used Florida Towncar and they have provided excellent servce. I decided to try Your Ride because as was mentioned previously they help support our habit and the price they quoted was excellent. I agree that every emerging business has some issues but I like the idea that Rabbitz has gone out of his way to make it right.

See ya in July Rabbitz!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter