• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your Room is Ready

MassJester

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
It may simply be an amazing coincidence, but for the third time in less than a year, I have arrived at my resort before noon and found my room to be ready.

I LOVE that:yay:

If it isn't a coincidence, and it's something that's being executed on purpose--KUDOS.

My room at YC was ready right after we walked through the lobby a little after noontime back in April. We were on our way to ESPN for lunch and we turned around and grabbed our luggage out of the car and went to the room then on to lunch after that. We thought it was kind of strange when it happened and maybe it’s a coincidence but it seems like they are tracking some of us anyways lol.

If it isn't a coincidence, and it's something that's being executed on purpose--KUDOS.
Not really sure what you mean about being executed on purpose
Yes, they try to put guests on their rooms as early as they can, based on provided arrival information
It can't always happen but if they can puzzle it together that way, they do
So in that way it is on purpose
If that's what you meant

I have my fingers crossed I will get checked in early in March! I would love it, because I have our check in day set as our resort day. I hope your theory works.

My room at YC was ready right after we walked through the lobby a little after noontime back in April. We were on our way to ESPN for lunch and we turned around and grabbed our luggage out of the car and went to the room then on to lunch after that. We thought it was kind of strange when it happened and maybe it’s a coincidence but it seems like they are tracking some of us anyways lol.

Lol tracked through your Magic Band.

On the Magical Express, three families including ours got a text “ Welcome! Your room isn't quite ready. We'll send another message when it is available. Thanks!” Then about 15 min later (11 am) we all got the same text sayin our room was ready! I was thrilled to get in our room right away before heading for the parks. It did seem a bit funny- and I don’t think Disney misses any opportunity to win loyalty by but It was a great way to start our day.

September 2018 just as the DME bus was pulling away from MCO at 6:45AM (I took the "red eye" from LAX) I got the room ready text. A great start to a fun vacation.

We were traveling with our DS family. Same plane, both having studios, two years running, on ME, DS got the room ready text. We had to wait hours.

The only time our room wasn’t ready was when we arrived at MCO and boarded the DME around 9am to POFQ. We ended up getting the text that the room was ready about 40 minutes after arriving at the resort. Made a great excuse to get some breakfast though.

Every other trip, I’ve gotten the notification either on the flight, at the airport or on the DME. That’s when the vacation turns official, haha.

If you did online check in they know what time you are expected to arrive. If they room they assigned for you was vacant the night before or was vacated early enough then it will be ready.
I've often arrived early even before online check in and direct to room started and often times my room was ready when I arrived since they knew my flight info and what time I'd be arriving for DME.

I arrived a little after 8 am this past August and my room was ready - it was also the room I had requested. Pixie dust for sure pixiedust:.

I arrived a little after 8 am this past August and my room was ready - it was also the room I had requested. Pixie dust for sure pixiedust:.
I forgot to mention...

I, too, got the exact room I requested. So nice when that happens.

Of my three trips in 2018, my room was ready twice when I arrived (before 10 AM each time). The last trip I was at POR and it wasn't ready (again, an early morning arrival). After finally going back to the front desk after 5 pm, we were given our room number. Two days later we got the official text that our room was ready! :yay::rolleyes1

I need some of the luck you all have! I feel like I never get the text. In October I kept checking for the room number in MDE since I seem to never get the text even though they have my number.

You got lucky! The only time my room was ready before I got there was when we landed at 10pm LOL

I have my fingers crossed I will get checked in early in March! I would love it, because I have our check in day set as our resort day. I hope your theory works.

As a suggestion if arrival day is going to be a resort and pool day... Pack your carry on with swim suit, cover up, whatever you will need for a day at the pool. So if you have to store your luggage, you will be able to use the pool area, and start relaxing right away... or if you are wanting to get out of the clothes you travel in, same thing put them in the carry on... I pack my personal item which is a Vera Bradley inside it. I have my pool bag ready to go.. So if the rooms aren't ready. I just unzip the bag pull out the pool bag and open the front pocket on the checked bag to grab a sunscreen out and we are good to go...

On our Disney trip last April, neither DD nor I had gotten the 'room ready' text (two rooms) when we arrived at POFQ. My text arrived while I was still checking in with a CM. The same thing happened to DD while she was checking in with the same CM. In Nov. I got the text less than a minute after finishing the check-in process, this time at POR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter