Your thoughts on this?

Disney Padawan

Imagining Imagineering. RCT3 Coaster Designe
Hello Peeps. I know some of you read my trip report where I mentioned speaking with some big wigs (I think) from UO and the big talk was a LOTR area to be built where LC is. (There's another thread about this if you're interested.) I just remembered something else that I'm allowed to talk about.

There was talks about putting some kind of water show in Toon Lagoon. It's been on the backburner for years apparently. It's to take place in that stadium right at the end of Toon Lagoon closest to Marvel Superhero Island. I asked him what kind of show it would be and he said it would be one of those where you would get very wet! I guess they're trying to figure out who would star in such a show. This got me thinking and I told him I always considered Toon Lagoon more for young at heart adults than children. I love this place I said and I know children don't need to know the characters to have fun here but let's face it, comic strips are a dying media. If UO where to re-theme it to a I don't know say, Nintendo Land, that would have a broader appeal and generate more guest. Kids and teens would want to visit Nintendo Land or Nintendo Lagoon, I don't think many guests want to go to IOA just for Toon Lagoon but they do for WWoHP right? A re-theming of Toon Lagoon (as beautiful as it is) would be necessary for them in the near future. He told me he agreed. Thoughts?

They should probably nix a show idea where people get wet. I don't think anyone wants to get more wet than they already do at Islands of Adventure.

Hello Peeps. I know some of you read my trip report where I mentioned speaking with some big wigs (I think) from UO and the big talk was a LOTR area to be built where LC is. (There's another thread about this if you're interested.) I just remembered something else that I'm allowed to talk about.

There was talks about putting some kind of water show in Toon Lagoon. It's been on the backburner for years apparently. It's to take place in that stadium right at the end of Toon Lagoon closest to Marvel Superhero Island. I asked him what kind of show it would be and he said it would be one of those where you would get very wet! I guess they're trying to figure out who would star in such a show. This got me thinking and I told him I always considered Toon Lagoon more for young at heart adults than children. I love this place I said and I know children don't need to know the characters to have fun here but let's face it, comic strips are a dying media. If UO where to re-theme it to a I don't know say, Nintendo Land, that would have a broader appeal and generate more guest. Kids and teens would want to visit Nintendo Land or Nintendo Lagoon, I don't think many guests want to go to IOA just for Toon Lagoon but they do for WWoHP right? A re-theming of Toon Lagoon (as beautiful as it is) would be necessary for them in the near future. He told me he agreed. Thoughts?

Wish they would put something in that stadium.

As far as the idea of Nintendo...I would love that idea. Even though like you said Toon Lagoon is awesome and very well done. They are out of date comics and I do think Nintendo is something more ppl can associate with.

Its a good brand for 20 yrs and the wii has huge success with families so I can see it appealing for a long time even though those comics are classics.

Good idea though...I wouldn't mind it being implemented at all.

Nintendo land sounds fun, although, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't IOA design their lands on themes that started out as literature?

I agree with the no more wet stuff. Three major rides at IOA get you wet. That is already pushing the limit. If you don't like roller coasters and it is too cold to get wet, IOA can be pretty limited. They really need another good family dark ride.

Nintendo land sounds fun, although, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't IOA design their lands on themes that started out as literature?

You're absolutely right. I just threw the first thing that came to my mind. It would be cool if they made this the exception.

I agree with the no more wet stuff. Three major rides at IOA get you wet. That is already pushing the limit. If you don't like roller coasters and it is too cold to get wet, IOA can be pretty limited. They really need another good family dark ride.

Yeah, to save money I'm sure they'll use the stadium for a show. I'm not sure if they have the space right there for another ride, if they did though hmmm.......

Agree 100% on everything said!

Although I don't think it has to be a dark ride, it does need to be a family ride, with NO movie simulator. Something with a real set, and some special effects.

Wish they would put something in that stadium.

As far as the idea of Nintendo...I would love that idea. Even though like you said Toon Lagoon is awesome and very well done. They are out of date comics and I do think Nintendo is something more ppl can associate with.

Its a good brand for 20 yrs and the wii has huge success with families so I can see it appealing for a long time even though those comics are classics.

Good idea though...I wouldn't mind it being implemented at all.

I've been thinking about this for years now. The comic strips in Toon Lagoon are classics and I love that section of the park because of all its colors but in reality, it doesn't bring the crowds like I know UO would want it to. Sure, the rides in that area of the park get busy, specially on hot days, but it's mainly from people wandering into Toon Lagoon from other sections of the park. Most people are there for the more known attractions such as Spider-Man, Jurassic Park and specially WWoHP. If UO where to re-theme TL into something more familiar like Nintendo or even Nick Toons, then that would bring more interest and revenue to UO. I could easily see Mario & friends at IOA. Of course if I had my way, I would move the Nick Toons over to Toon Lagoon. They could change Dudley Do-Right into Sponge Bob, Popeye into Dora and even use the empty arena for a stage show and make another building for the Jimmy Neutron ride from the Studios. (That last one is hard to swallow.) I think the entire area would look great with Nick Characters!

The reason I chose Nick instead of Nintendo is because I'd rather see a Nintendo area done from scratch. A Mario vs. Bowser dark ride would be awesome! Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Pokemon, there's just too many possibilities. I would love to see UO use the Nintendo characters in their parks. (Hopefully, their 3rd park.)

By the way, if Jimmy were to get moved from the studios then they could expand that building and put a King Kong ride we so desperately need.

Anyway, just some random thoughts. :3dglasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter