Your ultimate DVC perk.

jpolak

DIS Veteran
While talking DVC perks with my friend, started throwing around our ultimate DVC perk. I won with members only week at WDW:thumbsup2 . So what would your ultimate perk be:confused3

I don't think we'll get much in the choice of perks that actually costs Disney money, so how about a perk that doesn't cost Disney anything:

Fast Passes: Maybe 3 to 6 anytime fast passes/per person/per day when staying at DVC on points. This perk would be extended to members only, using their own points. Not eligible to family members when the member is not staying with them, or renters.

This would be in-line with Universal's Front of the Line access perk for those staying in their hotels.

I love the member's only week idea - but that is a wild dream. I could go for member's only extra magic hours at a park different from the normal extra magic hours park each day - morning or evening.

In 2004 when SSR had it's grand opening they had a Member's Homecoming Members only event. One night we were at Epcot which was nice but one night we had MK opened late for just members only...that rocked!! We were dancing on Main Street with the beautiful stars in the sky...much more but loved it!

Based on that I would say the best so called perk I like is the Member only events...whether at WDW or cruises, love them all.

They could extend EMH maybe just an Hour in each direction to the current ones just for Members not all of them but maybe 1 day a week or one night a week.. I like the FastPass idea as well.

I don't think we'll get much in the choice of perks that actually costs Disney money, so how about a perk that doesn't cost Disney anything:

Fast Passes: Maybe 3 to 6 anytime fast passes/per person/per day when staying at DVC on points. This perk would be extended to members only, using their own points. Not eligible to family members when the member is not staying with them, or renters.

This would be in-line with Universal's Front of the Line access perk for those staying in their hotels.

I was thinking how nice it would be to have certain amount of fast passes that you could use. They would only be good for the days you were there, and you couldnt save them from day to day. You would have to use them each day. And I to was thinking of something that was 'free' to disney

Heck, since we're all dreaming, why not!

They were offered in the early years of the program. I believe all owners who purchased until the mid 90s got free passes until end of 1999. Maybe if the recession turns into a depression we would have a chance (about equal to a snowball in Orlando :)) of getting them back.

I love it, Bill!

Totally on board with the fast pass idea. Would make me feel like an honored guest instead of second class citizen which seems to be the trend.

Oh I LIKE that FP idea for members only!:banana: About 6 per day per person would be AWESOME!

Another poster suggested EMH for members only - that sounds good too, but I am not looking to go out to the parks any EARLIER than the current EMH's. Plus that would cost them some bucks too...extra wages for all of the CM's who have to start earlier. That idea won't fly...

I know the discount on AP's is already pretty good, but we could use another $20 or $25 off those or a discount off on the 10 day non-expiring ones.... OH! I know, perhaps a 25% discount off the one-day admission prices to the water parks instead of only $4 off the one-day admission. I mean, seriously, $4 is like nothing. They could bump that discount up a little more. I know we purchased PAP's the first time thinking we'd be able to spend more time at the water parks...but that's NOT where we wanted to go on our January trip so we have decided the PAP's aren't such a good deal for us and will just do one-day-at-a-time on the water parks from now on. That's why I think upping the discount on the water parks would be nice. It would probably not get used so much from what, November - March probably. I am guessing the water parks are used less during those months. So it would not be a year round hit to DVC... We also found on our shorter trips we didn't have TIME to hit the water parks....so I don't see that as being too big of an expense for them to increase it a little bit.

All in all, the free FP's would generate the least expense to DVC and would make for a lot of very happy members! :thumbsup2

I would defintely settle for FPs, but would LOVE tickets. I just purchased a 10-day hopper/non-expiring/+fun and it was over $500. :scared: We don't get down often enough to make AP's worth the purchase, so unfortunately, as members, we have no discount on our park passes.

The other kicker...we have a Disney Rewards credit card. We get more discounts and perks with it than we do with our DVC membership. I think Dis should at least offer DVCers the same discounts they offer other business partners. JMHO, though! :rolleyes:

Members-Only viewing locations for parades, Fantasmic and Illuminations:rotfl: .

10% merchandise discounts at all of the retail locations.

Photopass discounts.

10-day, no-exp discounts (*this would have to be an onsite purchase only....how else would they know that you aren't buying them for all your friends and family?)

There's more...but my brainstorm blew over...

Giving us FP's isa great idea!
Instead of a discount on AP's, give us discount on a 10 day pass.
Somehow, work with airlines so we can get a discount on flights to orlando!! I might come down more often!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter