Your Vacation Box

I know that this is an old thread, but there are lots of good ideas here. I just started my box for our June trip. I have decided that each week I will spend a max of $10 during my normal shopping trip to buy things for our Disney trip. This should help to ease the burden a little. :)

So far I have:
razors
shaving cream
beef jerky
toothpaste
baby wipes
hand sanitizer
flavorered water packets
travel first aid kit
mini sewing kit (someone always needs something fixed)
ziplock bags

We are going Dec. 2015 and I have already started my WDW box (all of my family thinks I am nuts)!

Daily Tinkerbell gifts for 3 DDGs
Disney rub-on tattoos
motion detector night light for bathroom
Mousekeeping tip envelopes/cards
ponchos
Dollar Store folding cubes for all of the receipts, electronic cords, wallets, keys (they really help keep the room neater and DH is not running around in the morning looking for his things.
Solar Battery Charger
2 Cinch sacks
Retractable Sharpies for Character autographs

I always buy stuff ahead of time for my Disneyland trips and now I am for my first trip to WDW!

I get things like ponchos, disinfecting wipes, travel size things (shampoo, etc...). I usually grab a few things every other week when I hit up Wal Mart and the $ store. Makes it easier than trying to buy everything all at once.

Glad someone revitalized this thread! Lots of great ideas here!

We are going Dec. 2015 and I have already started my WDW box (all of my family thinks I am nuts)!

Daily Tinkerbell gifts for 3 DDGs
Disney rub-on tattoos
motion detector night light for bathroom
Mousekeeping tip envelopes/cards
ponchos
Dollar Store folding cubes for all of the receipts, electronic cords, wallets, keys (they really help keep the room neater and DH is not running around in the morning looking for his things.
Solar Battery Charger
2 Cinch sacks
Retractable Sharpies for Character autographs

the folding cubes are a great idea. I will have to pick up a couple. It is a good thing we have a rooftop luggage carrier. :drive:

Thanks to all the smart people on these boards, I have an awesome list for our family's 1st trip in January. (Me, DH, DD10 & DD7)

I hit the One Spot bins at Target yesterday -- LOTS of Frozen stuff -- so I have some random treats for travel or for "Tinkerbell" to bring. Most important is these cute Frozen tote bags, so they will each have a place to keep all their 'treasures' and not make a total mess of the hotel room.

Then I hit the Dollar Store and got them some mini dry erase boards, $1 ponchos, princess hair clips, etc. I also found glitter hair spray, lots of fun nail polish and a "birthday princess" sash so I can give them the Bibbity treatment for about 1% of the cost. (DD#2 turns 8 while we are in WDW! Woo! :banana: )

From Amazon I got the Jackery Mini for my phone, an 8 pack of the retractable Sharpies, and 2 Life Gear 4 in 1 LED Glow Stick Flashlights in pink (of course!!). Those are on a lanyard, so the DD's can flip those on and we (should) be able to find them in the dark.

On eBay, I got Frozen lanyards for pretty cheap, plus these mini-messenger bags: http://r.ebay.com/ubRd6Q. I also got about 50 pins to trade for $20 including shipping.

I'm still looking for the Gold Bond Pain Relieving Foot Cream. I never knew such a thing existed before these boards! Thanks everyone for all the great ideas!! :love:

Wow, thanks to everyone for this great idea! I just came back from a WDW trip and have some things left over... I was wondering what to do with them! I'll just put them in a box for next time :)

I brought back the two ponchos I had bought before the trip (it didn't rain), and I have a bunch of the little mickey shampoos. I think buying small things for our next trip will help me stay patient!

hangers and a portable battery charger for your phone and an extra cable! always keep that in your purse or bag. I also brought a collapsible cooler I used it to pack toilitries in my bag and it worked well for juice and water in he park.

Great idea for the person who suggested bringing coffee and filters from home. Not sure why I didn't think of that? My Disney bin is filled! Need to start another one. Mostly stuff that's been suggested.

Wanna know a funny one? Whenever a pair if about-to-expire underwear comes out of the dryer I throw it in the Disney box. Then we throw them away on vacation (we stick them in ziplocks so as not to gross out Mousekeeping too too much-although heaven only knows what they think). Then we have a teeny tiny bit more room in our suitcase for souvenirs -or hey, maybe we should buy some brand new Disney underwear!

Just started tonight

The new disney store t shirts
My ziplock bad of paper towels (bounty) with Dawn soap dryed on
Inflatable stadium cushions UT
Toiletries for me
Ponchos
Packing cubes
Medication pod organizer
Tiny packs of Orbit gum
Go gear travel tubes
Electric renuzit fragrace plug in

Getting there :cheer2:

We are staying in a condo so we have a kitchen. While we don't cook a lot, we bring single serving condiments that we find at fast food restaurants like ketchup, mustard, and mayo for sandwiches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter