Your Vacation Box

englishteacha

Have courage and be kind.
I know some of us start putting aside items in a vacation box for our trips. I started mine yesterday!!

So far it has:
Purex laundry sheets
Dryer sheets
Tiny bottle of Shout
tiny bottle of Febreeze
tiny bottle of dish detergent
some dishwasher detergent

first aid items
chapstick with sunscreen

Items I'll add later:
Ponchos
mini fans

What's in yours?

OMG, I have been throwing stuff in a box for 4-5 months and we don't go until June :lmao: I have in my box:

outfits that I have bought for Disney (me, DS, and DD..DH is on his own)
new socks and yes undies
swim wear
ponchos
chapstick
moleskin
deoderant
bandaids
mini fans
batteries
sharpie markers
Tylanol
neon glow sticks
beach towels
Koolaid packs (for the water bottles)
sunglasses

and I am sure I have forgot something in that list. I mainly throw stuff in there so I will not have to look for it later, like the kids sunglasses, they will throw them everywhere.

Also, I just ordered me and DS some new Crocs online and I got DD some new flip flops and tennis shoes so we can get them broke in before we leave;)

What a great idea....to start a vacation box! I was at the Dollar Store today and came across some laundry bags, over-the-door shoe organizers, and glow sticks, but I thought it was too soon to start buying things for our August trip!

I saw in various places on the Disboards that people bring laundry bags for dirty clothes to keep the room more organized and clean. Never thought of this before, but it's a wonderful idea. Does everyone use the nylon laundry bags? Do you do laundry at the hotel before going home?

Thanks for starting this thread. It's sure to give me more ideas!

we also pack a small package of baby wipes to clean up the kids after they eat ice cream and they are also good to wipe yourself down when your hot and sweaty and a small bottle of clorox anywhere spray to wipe off tables be for we eat , some glow stix's and Disney stickers we let the kids hand out the stickers to other kids before the parade

My box:

*Over-the-door shoe rack
*power strip with 6 outlets (so we don't fight over the outlets to plug in phones/Nintendos/etc)
*tiny bottles of: laundry detergent, lysol spray, tide to go pen
*foaming hand soap
*disposable ponchos
*battery-powered electric toothbrushes (because we leave our Sonic toothbushes at home)
*lots o' sunscreen since we are a pale family!
*boxes of ziplocs in various sizes
*2 pop-up laundry hampers

We let our kids each buy one of those glowing wands from the carts around evening parade times 2 years ago. Those go into the box and brought w/ on our next two trips. Also, I throw an extra night light in there so I don't forget!

we just decided in January that we were going in April so I have been busy!
So far:
My dd has 4 new custome disney outfits(SHE WILL BE SO CUTE, tHANKS ETSY.COM
NEW STROLLER
New Back Pack
New Cooler Backpack
Hanging organizer for closet to hold extras
Muffins
Cookies
Crackers
Slim Jims
cereal
granola bars
peanuts
deoderant
new crocs for me! plus 2 new outfits
babywipes
antibacterial gel
travel toothbrushes
trail mix
drink packets for water
Parks Tickets
pop hamper
batteries

Need:
Ponchos
Sd card for camera
more snacks
bottled water
sodas
To buy DH new shoes but he is refusing!

Bodyglide
Mister fans
Clothespins
Ziplocs
Pop-up hamper
Power strip
Ponchos
Extra batteries
Wet wipes
Swimmer's towel
Moleskin

phone chargers, quarters for laundry. $2.00 per load/wash and dry..stamps for postcards we send home...address labels for those postcards...

Great ideas! I need to start my box!:lmao: I have bought some ponchos and some batteries! I guess I need to get on the ball!:rotfl:

I started my box last night....

I went to Wal-Mart and in the kids party favors section near the greetings cards they had these short little pink light up wand thingy's with a globe on the end. Inside the globe was a glittery disc with Princess written on it and when you press the button it lights up and spins. They were $3. I bought two one for my DF's Niece and one from my friends little girl. These are for our vacation starting in July, much cheaper than the Disney fare.

So the only thing I have in my planning box at the moment are these two light up wands.:wizard:

I forgot a must: a click bic permanent marker for autographs...the characters love them....green only for Peter Pan:)

My box has been in my closet since we came back from WDW. I trow in any free samples I can get my hands on and cheap little goodie toys I think might be a hit. Now that it's getting closer, I throw in snacks I get on sale (if they are in the cupboard they will get eaten!) and I got T-shirts and sweatshirts when they were on clearance.

What's in everyone else's box????

I haven't started a box but have a list maybe I should do that since vacation is in 20 days!!

So far I have

hand sanitizer
waterproof bags I made for wet bathing suits, wet ponchos, etc
mini fans I got on clearance at walmart woo hoo lol
custom shirts that I had made for DS
a tube of glowsticks
the pins DS wants to trade
a blanket

need tons more stuff, but just started putting things together. we don't leave for a few months still.

So excited...just started my box today. Only sample shampoo and conditioner and a box of cheerios I got on sale. It's a start right?!?

I actually use two drawers until about a month before the trip than it all goes in a box. We don't go for 286 days but I have already started organizing what I still need to get. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter