<font color="red">Proud Redhead</font>
When we go in September we have ADRs at the following places:

California Grill
Blue Zoo
Narcoossees
Jiko
Boma
Le Cellier

Has anyone hear been to any of them? what did you think?

I've read quite a few reviews over in the dining section but I'm interested to see what you guys think of them :)

California Grill: Really enjoyed our meal here, and we had a window seat for Wishes which was so magical.
Jiko: We weren't keen (not sure why as we're adventurous eaters but the meal just didn't capture us) but I know others rave about it, I think it's one I would recommend people to try for themselves :)
Boma: Loved it! This was our favourite meal of the trip, chef TJ is awesome :goodvibes

Only been to Boma but it was fabulous ~ am definitely going to eat there next time too. :thumbsup2

When we go in September we have ADRs at the following places:

California Grill
Blue Zoo
Narcoossees
Jiko
Boma
Le Cellier

Has anyone hear been to any of them? what did you think?

I've read quite a few reviews over in the dining section but I'm interested to see what you guys think of them :)

California Grill - good, but not as good as it used to be. The view is excellent and this makes it worth the money. Food is OK but not worth the money for food alone.

Narcoossees - First time was in April and we loved it. So much so that it's probably my favourite outside park restaurant. It's smaller than the California Grill and has lovely views of the lake. The food was wonderful and the service great. Would thoroughly recommend it.

Boma - Only done breakfast on many occassions, but this is great.

Le Cellier - my favourite park restaurant. Food is great, service is great and it's very reasonably priced

Enjoy choosing your restaurants, I love this part of the holiday.

California Grill - very over rated, loud and poor quality food. Views great but wouldn't go again.
Jiko - superb - would pay double to go.
Boma - interesting choice of food and fun. Lots of noise though.

California Grill we had a lovely meal but it was more the firework view that made it special.

Blue Zoo was amazzzzzzzing, really gorgeous seafood and the setting was really modern and nice.

We went to Le Cellier for lunch and I would definitely return :)

there are just too many places to choose from :)

Thanks for all the views - Keep em coming!!!! Its good reading :)

California Grill - really like it - but we have timed with the fireworks & it does make it special. Had the steak & it was lovely (if not expensive!)

Narcoossees - got an ADR here for December so hoping it is good :)

Boma - went last year & my DH loved it. He still talks about the chicken pepper stew (or something like that) - booked to go again. I did enjoy the different tastes but not so keen on getting 'up & down' all the time. My DD also liked it as she could help herself & it makes her feel grown up.

Le Cellier - went here not so long ago but just can't remember how the food was :confused3 Is that good or not!!!

California Grill - superb, excellent food, service and great view of wishes

Blue Zoo - never been

Narcoossees - going for first time this year, heard rave reviews

Jiko - loved it, superb food and service

Boma - ok, trying it for breakfast this year

Le Cellier - again, ok, nothing special, we had lunch here, maybe dinner is better

California Grill This is a buzzing place, there's no doubt about that, but I quite like it for that. I'm very hard to please when it comes to food (hey, I'm hard to please, period ;) ) and I've always been more than satisfied with the quality of produce and preparation. We had one bad experience in terms of service. Wine by the glass is a great idea in that it enables you to choose appropriately for each course, but when the service is inattentive and it doesn't arrive when it should, it defeats the object of the exercise. That was a one-off, though. My main gripe with this place is that it lacks the finesse of a true fine dining experience. There's never any space in the lounge area to chill out with a pre-dinner drink because it's always packed. Those lucky enough to have a seat are usually just sitting waiting anxiously for their table in the restaurant and, even if you do manage to snag a seat, you're crowded out by those standing around you hoping you're about to vacate, so you can't ever relax. Like many Disney establishments, the bar/lounge area just serves as a holding area. The lounge in Jiko, the bar next to the Turf Club, and Tune-in Lounge (next to Prime Time Cafe) are others which immediately spring to mind as suffering from this uniquely Disney phenomenon. All in all, though, California Grill remains one of Disney's top restaurants (second only to V&As if you discount those at the Swan and Dolphin) for a very good reason. Top pick! :thumbsup2

bluezoo We ate here several times in quick succession shortly after it opened, but we haven't been back in a while. Back then, it was a very hip, happening place, especially if you were one of the trendy set hanging out at the bar (we weren't :rotfl: ). It's a beautifully designed dining room, but you need to make sure you get a table in the thick of things to appreciate it properly. The first time we ate there, we were stuck away in a corner and it didn't work as well for us. The dancing fish thing never appealed to me - nice gimmick, I'd say, but it must surely be overcooked? I've only ever eaten fish there and it's always been good. Elder dd, though, had the double pork chop - something I'd probably never order at any restaurant - and it was sublime. Meltingly soft and tasty, too.

Narcoossees We 've only eaten here once: in October, 2006. It had been on my "to do" list forever, but thanks to less than stellar reviews, it always got ousted for others with a stronger pull. We had a truly memorable evening there. It was one of those times which just worked out for a myriad of reasons - I thoroughly enjoyed what I'd ordered without the slightest hint of food envy (rare :laughing: ), at the most opportune moment during the meal we got to watch Wishes from the verandah virtually alone, and our entire party seemed to be at one with the world, and one another.

Jiko This is another which we did to death in its first couple of years, but haven't returned to in a while. I love the ambiance and we've always enjoyed the food. The service here is amongst the best in my experience.

Boma Breakfast here was a first morning tradition for several trips, but we've only been once for dinner. Buffets aren't really our thing, but this is definitely one of the best, if not the best.

Le Cellier This was always our default "on the hoof" place when at Epcot, but DDP has put paid to that. It's OK, but not good enough to bother fighting for an ADR, for us - we'd rather pop over to Crew's Cup Lounge at the Yacht Club for an impromptu meal. It's obviously not hugely popular for no reason though. The pretzel bread is delish!

Boma- really great atmosphere eating here. great chioice of food as it's a buffet. gotta try those zebra domes!

Le Celliar- fab meal and great service, prob. the best of our trip. really nice place to eat. DH still raves about the steak he ate here!

Californian Grill - we enjoyed the food and of course the fireworks were great. Felt a little rushed but drink service a little slow

Le Cellier - Not usually a milkshake fan but fate guided me to them on the menu so had two :) Certainly one of our favorites

Boma - if you like to try a variety of flavours then this is a good choice. I would suggets this is Disney best value for money and the food is at a good standard.

Jiko - Food was good but like another post, didn't really do it for us

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter