You're going there AGAIN!?!

Just wait until my colleagues at work will hear i'm going to DLP in August (probably) and to DL in Sepember... (after having been to DL in October 2005, DLP January 2006 and WDW last week!)

They all think i'm crazy... which I am, but at least, I'm happy-crazy! :D

Sure i get the same response to. As a matter of fact, when vacation time comes near friends say" I suppose you are going to Disney again right?" :goodvibes

It helps a lot to live in FL. Here you tend to get the opposite reaction. "You've lived here how long and you haven't been to Disney yet?" or from co-workers, "What weekend are you going up to see the holiday decorations, I want to plan which weekend I'm going." etc. Of course we also have the ever favourite, "Are you getting an annual pass for Disney, Universal or Sea World this year?"

And then there was the time a few years ago when Judy and I had to go to our respective bosses, turn in leave request slips, and tell them we needed to make an "emergency trip to Disney World". This was on less than two weeks warning.

"It was NECESSARY, I tell you, mentally/emotionally/medically NECESSARY!" :teeth:

agnes!

I always notice these kind of remarks are from people that not only don 't go on vacation but don't DO anything.

We are going to WDW twice this year - Sept for the low crowd level then in Dec for the Christmas stuff...... they are close in date but 2 completely different trips.

What amazes me is that with all our trips, we always discover something new and it's always a great time!

Yeah, I get a little sick of that question, and then I try to convert them! ;) Luckily, I have a few Disneyphiles at work with me and we talk about our latest/next/previous vacations.

Usually I tell them that they can blame my parents for infecting me with it when I was a child. It opened on my dad's 18th birthday, and I was born 2 years later. They've taken me to WDW almost every year since it opened and I still get the same thrill driving through the welcome gates that I ever did. And I was lucky enough to find someone who loves going as much as I do! :lovestruc

Just like the license plate says: "Been there, done that, going back!!!" :smickey:

People who don't go do not understand that every single visit is different. You never have the same experience twice. You will likely never be able to experience it all in a lifetime, even at one park, let alone all of the other parks! :banana:

So yes, we've decided to expand our horizons in 10 days...to Disneyland!! :moped:

:banana: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cool1: :yay: :bounce: :stitch: :ccat:

As I am married with no children, folks not only wonder why DH and I go so often, but what in the world just the two of us would do there. Actually, DH thought the same thing before I initiated him 4 years ago with fine dining, water sports, Broadway-caliber shows, and the chance to be a silly, goofy kid again. Now we're AP holders who run to DW any time we need a lift. We've been several times so far, and there's something new to try each time!

We get this all the time. You are going there AGAIN!!! Dont recall ever boasting/ bragging. Dont recall bringing out photo ablbums as well. It is almost now we book and dont tell anybody until a week or so before. Different Strokes for Different Folks? For us our whole family absolutely love it and thus wont change anything.

Some people try to reason it--you must have family down there--nope, unless you count Uncle Walt, Cousin Mickey, Cousin Donald, etc. Or Look at us as we have an addiction--perhaps, but only cure I am taking is to soak up the Florida Sun and get some extra Pixie Dust.

Sure, I get that too. I could give a rip. What does it matter to anywhere where, when, or how often I go anywhere? My boss goes nowhere but Ocean City, Maryland on vacation - should I start asking her why she doesn't go anywhere else? My family is at the point where they just ask when my next trip is - not if I'm going, but when!! :teeth:

"It's the one place that no matter what age you are, you can be a kid again. A place where as soon as you pass under that Walt Disney World sign, all the stresses from home & work seem to melt away. It's a place that I can visit different countries of the world and not need a passport (or need to exchange money)! A place where I feel like I'm going to another home."

I'm glad to hear from everyone on this board that they get this question too! My family and most of my coworkers ask the question, "WDW again?!" but at least aren't critical of our vacation destination. I do have one coworker who just doesn't get it - but most of the people I've encountered who don't "get" WDW have never been. It really is amazing how much there is to do for adults. My DH and I were in WDW 3 separate vacations in 2005 and still left each time feeling like we missed things and planning our next Disney trip before we'd even left. Like others have said, when we stop having a great time, we'll stop going. :thumbsup2

I get this a lot. Especially now... I will be going 6 times in 2006. :cool1:

They ask if I'm going to Florida (which means WDW to them) again. I just answer Yep and walk away. Like WDWguru first replied "For those who understand, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, no explanation will do."

I wrote a blog about it last year for another group...
http://www.queenofthefreakinuniverse.com/Blog4.htm

I simply laugh it off. My coworkers now have learned what a wealth of info I have and can ask me any info they need when planning their vacations- they aren't laughing then!

Seriously, who cares if it makes YOU happy???

Everyone knows where I go when I have time off. I now use the excuse that I have to c heck onhte house that we rent. Its a great excuse hubby even buys it!

I have found that most people that have an attitude about our disney trips, are either jealous, because they rarely go on vacation or have not been to disney world an have an idea in their mind as to what disneyworld is about. Some people think it's just Mickey Mouse and some rides. I usually don't say anything to anyone until the trip get's closer because I dont' like our children to get disappointed if for some reason we have to cancel the trip like we did once. I don't get it I'm always happy for my friends and family when they are taking a vacation. Last year we went to disney over our spring break and shortly after returning Disney announced the free dining plan and we decided to pull the kids out of school the first week of Oct., when my son was excited and told his teacher and said it would be our 4th trip his teacher said are'nt you sick of going to DisneyWorld? As if we were dragging him along. My sons response was NO!!Every time we go we do somethings that we did'nt get to do on our last trip and then we do things we enjoyed on our trips. I did'nt think my 12yo would have to start defending our vacation choice. I usually just respond yes we are going to disney and we can't wait to go!!!! Linda

I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR THIS MESSAGE BOARD!!!​
I just returned from a trip with my sister; we were so depressed upon returning (I think we still are); within weeks I told her I wanted to go back in December for my birthday and I am sure I am going to hear the same responses from family and co-workers; but those that truly know me should understand & those that can't, I cannot bother with explaining myself to them ~ for they are the unfortunate ones missing the magic. :thumbsup2

WE GET THIS QUESTION ALL THE TIME!! DH and I have been married three years, no kids, and this is our third trip to Disney. Already people are giving us a hard time. I got this question from a co-worker, who goes to Napa every chance she gets. I got this from my aunts, who go to Vegas every chance they get. Well we don't drink and we don't gamble, so Disney is our Napa and Disney is our Vegas! They just don't understand how much there is to do there. As my brother put it, Disney is everything you could possibly want to do, all rolled up in one!

And have noticed the Adults board is listed as for singles and "mature" couples....how about immature childless couples????? We want to get in all our fun before kids ruin it all! j/k

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter