• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Zero Forky's Given - An August 2019 Dining Report - Completed 8/18

Sushi and Egg Roll are so cute! Casey is queen of the junior adventurous eaters - I wouldn't try a grasshopper at all!

Go Adam Eaton!!!! We Sox fans sure do miss him...
Game 5 commencing as we speak. I don't think I knew Eaton used to be with the White Sox. He's also the cousin of of one of my co-workers

This was such a great way to end our August, Disney VACA!!!! I miss you soooooo much!!!!
And it was an amazing way to start ours!!!!

We have to totally make this happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😘
I know!!!!!!!!! Miss you and Joe so much!!!

I agree 100% Kelly!!!!!👩‍🦰👩👩👱‍♀️
Love the emojis. They are perfect for us!

Sushi and Egg Roll are so cute! Casey is queen of the junior adventurous eaters - I wouldn't try a grasshopper at all!
Thanks! I wasn't sure we were ready for the rodent invasion but the guinea pigs are pretty dang cute.

Casey most certainly is adventurous. It took her a while to finally down the grasshoppers but she said she'd do it again!

Turns out a group we saw downing Coronas at 11 am at the gate (which isn’t allowed BTW) was making some kind of disturbance and got kicked off the plane. Drunks removed they then couldn’t get the gate bridge to move.
Wow someone else had the Chunkylush title that day!
Nice distraction Kari!
This unquestionably added to my already ample hills, but it was so worth it.
LMAO!
Ample hills is great, having ample hills is even better!

While this was a bit expensive at $13 it was fresh and delicious and the bacon was a really good addition.
Oooh that bacon and guac combo seems great!

Apparently the sister wife bond can extend through generations.
Awww cute!

The flavors of the mole were deep and very good, but sadly the chicken was so dry even an amazing sauce couldn’t save it.
Hmm looks like the food was not up to Bayless standard I guess that's why Frontera has not been on my must-do list due to all the feedback I've seen.
She said it tasted more like the chili salt it was in than well, a bug, but she ate it like a champ and more importantly ensured herself the top spot in the kid eating hall of fame.
WOW CASEY > Me. I would never eat a bug!!! Well, knowingly.
IMG_0021.jpeg
Aww you girls look fab and representing the Chunkylush name!

When a grasshopper is your favorite part of a meal, its probably not the best sign. We were hopeful for some authentic Mexican food from a world-class chef, but instead we got the Disney-fied touristy version.

I've felt the same way about Frontera Cocina. It's okay, but not as good as we expected. There was a really good appetizer that was like chips covered in this amazing sauce there last year, but I think it was a special. That's probably the best thing we've had there.

No sense in going to the hotel just to drop some stuff off when ice cream could be had!
Very true 🍦
I think all the craic certainly influenced the 2. Well the craic, and the guac, and the grasshoppers. If those hadn't been good then we may have been lower.
Good company can help salvage most things :goodvibes
We affectionately call them the stinky rats
:rotfl:
Now I oddly want to pay off your husband to film that sometime!!!! Though you'll have to be wearing a shirt that is a poor excuse for pajamas and of course dancing with Mickey and Minnie!
Oh dear God that’s a vision of me no-one needs!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

In agreement that Frontera Cocino was a disappointment. Did it once and won't be back for a long time; there are just so many good places to in DS these days.

They are beyond adorable. What are they? The one on the right looks like a Portugese Water Dog, which is what my best friend has.

They are both aussiedoodles - brother and sister from the same litter!!! The b&w one on the left (boy) is named "Fish" and "should" top out about 55-65lbs and the girl on the right is named "Frankie" and should be 45-50ish lbs - they're F1B aussiedoodles which means their dad is 100% standard poodle (b&w) and their mom is an aussie/poodle mix so they're 75% poodle, and 25% aussie..

Frankie certainly has more poodle hair and his is more aussie (for now) but from what I understand, when their puppy coat is cut off (at about 6-8 months) their adult coat could be totally different so he might get curlier or vice versa!!

We've never had puppies this young before and never had 2 at the same time and I'm exhausted, but every day they get older and once day I know I'll miss their puppy breath!! (but right now I don't need to smell it at 12 midnight and 2pm when they tell me they have to go potty...:faint::faint::faint::faint:)

Love sushi and egg roll! I want to get the girls another let so bad!!!

Well this was some arrival day! Flight delays, Last stop on the magic express... you couldn’t win there. But you did manage to fit in ice cream and some rides before what seems like a disappointing dinner!

I won’t be adding this to our list just yet, the appetizers had me ready to add it as it sounded and looks pretty good but seemed like a fail all around after that!!

I love sprinkles I think it would be fine even from a vending machine!!!

omg zero forkys this early!! So excited

We are back from our adults trip! And just now trying to catch up!

IMG_0536.jpeg

Aptly named by Casey Jo of course!
Love the names!

Turns out a group we saw downing Coronas at 11 am at the gate (which isn’t allowed BTW) was making some kind of disturbance and got kicked off the plane. Drunks removed they then couldn’t get the gate bridge to move. They finally did but then we waited on the runway because the plane in front of us hit a bird. Needless to say we arrived almost 2 hours late.
Yikes! Rough start to the trip.

Did she ride by herself! She is too cute!

We started with the Bacon Guacamole and Chips which is of course avocado with bacon, tomatillos, toasted pepitas, cilantro and onions.
yum!!!!

This is Maestro Dobel tequila, cucumber, jalapeño, fresh lime juice, agave nectar, and a hibiscus salt rim. Again this was pricy at $15 but worst of all it had absolutely no heat.
I love the margarita's with heat. so, Boo!!!

And Jason got the absolute best thing of the night – A Mezcal shot.
Did you sniff the markers as well?

She said it tasted more like the chili salt it was in than well, a bug, but she ate it like a champ and more importantly ensured herself the top spot in the kid eating hall of fame.
AMAZING!!!! I just rubbed in to Gwen (again)

Overall Frontera was definitely a disappointment with only Two Forky’s Given.
Forky 2.png
I love this rating system!!!

Sadly I got no sleep that night as our dog was having some issues but in the immortal words of Scarlet O’Hara….Tomorrow is Another Disney Day!
Ugh. I am sorry that it started so quickly when you guys started the trip. That dog has some serious anxiety.

What the forky Tracy, I expect better of you :P
Oh for fork's sake... I'll get it together eventually :headache:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!! Who knew we were so similar?
:woohoo:

Duval is in fact named for our favorite street in our favorite adult place in the world, Key West!!!! His sister, who we lost last year, was Mallory and I'm sure you know why! Cause who doesn't name Arctic water rescue dogs after Americas one and only tropical destination???
I kinda had a feeling... or at least a hope and a dream - and you didn't disappoint! Mallory is an excellent choice for Key Westy names, too, and yes, I definitely know why! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Suddenly feeling like Sloppy Joe would be perfect if we ever get another one.
::yes:: We often called him Joe for short, and confused people by why we'd name a cat Joe :laughing:

Needless to say we arrived almost 2 hours late.
:faint: When one starts imbibing at 11am, one does not delay a flight to do so.

She said it tasted more like the chili salt it was in than well, a bug, but she ate it like a champ and more importantly ensured herself the top spot in the kid eating hall of fame
:worship: If ever I have a child, I'll need some pointers.

When a grasshopper is your favorite part of a meal, its probably not the best sign.
Nope, probably not. :sad2:

I approve of the jumping off of DME for Ice Cream . If the bus to POFQ ever goes that way I know it is what I would want to do.
Bummer about Frontera. I looked at the menu last trip but didn't think it would appeal to DH. Altho Guacamole with bacon might actually make me a fan of Guacamole.
Can't wait to read what got 0 Forkys. I have an idea so looking forward to seeing if I guessed right.
P. S. Isn't a Grasshopper some hideous drink ;)

So excited for another one of your tipsy reports! Too bad about the meal at Frontera Cocino. It's never really been on my radar since we don't usually spend much time at DS. I'm impressed that your daughter tried the grasshopper. I consider myself a fairly adventurous eater and will try most things, but there is no way I'm eating an insect!

Hello!:wave: After following all of your tipsy reports, I have come out of lurkdom to let you know how much I enjoy your (and everyone else's) reports:worship:. Your trips and meals are very different from how my family vacations. I travel with my DB, DSIL and DNephew24. DN has autism and he and DSIL have a boatload of food allergies, so our meals require a bit more planning and menu investigation to make sure that no one goes home hungry or sick. No on-the-fly ADRs for us, lol! I think our families do have a couple of things in common - we LOVE our Disney trips and we have fun almost wherever we go. Thank you for sharing your sweet family's fun with all of us. It has been great to see the World through your (sometimes) tipsy eyes. I'm sure that this will be a 10 Forky report!

Sorry for the fail you experienced at Fronteria. We ate there our first December holiday trip and it was one and done for us. Our main courses were so disliked the boxed leftovers were thrown in the trash before we got back to our resort. Great drinks and appetizers though. I think you were generous giving 2 forks and can't wait to read what eatery got none, LOL.

Just thought I would stop by and pass on congratulations to the Montreal Expos on their World Series win! 😄

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter