Zero Forky's Given - An August 2019 Dining Report - Completed 8/18

Happy Birthday, Casey!!!! I can't believe she is 9 already! Where does the time go???:bday:
I know how you feel about canceling trips because of your furry friend. Our GSP, Rzeznik is 15 1/2 and his health is deteriorating. After July (because the kids will be away and unable to help with his care), our Disney trips will be limited to weekends only or when the kids have a school break...

Happy birthday to Casey🎉🎉🎉
Hope the workload eases up a little more ( or a lot more) on you soon. 😊👍
Looks like coronavirus may be taking care of that for me :P

Happy birthday Casey! And to your pup!! How special that he is still with you!
Thanks! We can't believe he made it this far but we are very grateful

But isn't it crazy that you will have so much time between trips!!
I know. Previously 9 months was the longest we'd ever gone and it will be 15 months between WDW visits.

12+hr days are brutal! Hope things get a little easier for you soon.
Thanks. They are. This past week I was down refreshing 10 hour days. I can't telework so waiting to see if the government shuts down to give me some much needed time off. Sad it has to come down to a global pandemic for me to get a break

Happy birthday to both your babies! I can't believe Duvall has made it to 12.....that is an extraordinary age for a Newf. What a special guy. :goodvibes
He is definitely "special" but we love him

Apparently some fellow disboard members are "special friends". What in the world???
Yup! Some people clearly have a. way too much time on their hands and b. apparently a very sad life

Put the feet up and imagine a relaxing afternoon at the spa yourself.
What do you know, Casey and I are planning an afternoon of getting our nails down today

That's my kind of birthday! Love the pink! Happy Birthday again, Casey!
She says thank you!!! It was a great day

Isn't it funny that one year seems like forever now to me too?! When we first started going, I was thrilled to go every two years, then I got to every year and now, well…I'm done for! We all are! :P
It certainly is something how are perspective changes. Every time we leave Disney I think I've gotten my fill and we can take a break and then within a couple of weeks I'm ready to go back. Having a year between visits seems so strange.

:faint: I hope things calm down for you soon! Sounds like you're nearing that hopefully!
The worst of it is thankfully over and I'm oddly hopeful the government will close so I can get a much needed break

12 hour days sounds absolutely awful! Glad there is some end in sight for you soon!
Yep. Pretty much is but down to my normal 10-11 hour days now :D

Our kids are getting old!! I wish they would just stop that! We have held out for 10 years without a "real" birthday party, too! Ditto on the vacations and dinners apparently don't count for anything. Hmph! Trying to decide what we're going to let him do this summer to celebrate 11!
Where oh where is the time going???? It will be time or Casey and Jimmy's wedding before we know it and they won't let us get away with just a dinner then either. But hopefully they will at least get married in Disney :earboy2:

WISH I could!!!! BUT, we'll be heading to WDW on Easter Sunday this year, so I'll have to pass on the invitation.
Fingers crossed you can go

LMAO! I know someone who got their hand slapped WAY worse than me it's totally ridiculous but I will say - the demerits I got were all 100% merited :cool1:
Not me. I will maintain my innocence for life!

Right? We were just there in January and don't really have a WDW trip planned until July and it's KILLING me. We're doing the one day in AK after our cruise next month - which IS a Disney cruise - but it doesn't feel the same! We are totally lucky to go as often as we do but now it seems like something is missing when a few months go by with no WDW :worried:
Imagine August to August or even November!!!!!!!! Heck we haven't even been able to go away for a weekend since August because of the dog. If we can fly Casey and I are gonna go see my brother next month in Texas because I have to get away!!!!

I know how you feel about canceling trips because of your furry friend. Our GSP, Rzeznik is 15 1/2 and his health is deteriorating. After July (because the kids will be away and unable to help with his care), our Disney trips will be limited to weekends only or when the kids have a school break...
I feel you. Duval has so many issues and quirks that really no one but us can watch him so here in VA I sit!

Okay...so I am amazingly late to this but I have been meaning to read it. I subscribed awhile back and get the notifications but life has been crazy and I just haven't had enough DIS time as of late. But I am here now and hope to catch all the way up! Here I go....

Last edited:
Dinner was at Frontera Cocina which was new to us
We ate here in January, spur of the moment when our plans got changed kind of last minute. We weren't really impressed, as I see you weren't as well.
Clearly Mashed Potatoes at a Mexican restaurant is as authentic as you can get:earboy2: but I’d read these were really good. Sadly they were not.
Not good.
but sadly the chicken was so dry even an amazing sauce couldn’t save it.
Oh no.
Not wanting to be left out Casey downed Grasshopper #2.
Eek!
Overall Frontera was definitely a disappointment with only Two Forky’s Given.
Agree.
After dinner Casey and Jason hit up the Sprinkles ATM for some cupcakes.
Sadly, I have never done this, even though I have definitely planned to in the past.
We eventually made it to Caribbean Beach and finally checked out our room for the next 9 days.
Sadly I got no sleep that night as our dog was having some issues
I'm sorry.

So we apparently got up early to do this

And buy this.

Extra Magic Indeed.
Love it!!
but ultimately landed on a favorite we hadn’t been to in a while: Kona Café.
Well, I was going to say I really want to try breakfast here for the Tonga Toast...but maybe not....
but this thing was so big I could tell she was looking at her $1000 Verizon bill, which just raised so many more questions.
Oh my.
This “breakfast” at Kona was the single worst meal we’ve ever had at Disney. We’ve always had horrible service there but we’ve been able to overlook it in the name of good food. No more as this will forever be known as the meal where Zero Forky’s Were Given.
Ugh...that sucks.

Looks like coronavirus may be taking care of that for me
At least something positive has come out of it!😀👍
I know. Previously 9 months was the longest we'd ever gone and it will be 15 months between WDW visits
It’s normally an annual thing for us though we do usually stay at least 14 days ( we managed 17 once). Last summer we went to Portugal so it will be at least 2 years between trips and I am seriously craving some Disney time. Not happening anytime soon with the small matter of Coronavirus among other things :(
Yup! Some people clearly have a. way too much time on their hands and b. apparently a very sad life
I’m in the dark on this one:confused3 But I’m sure you’re right because you usually are and I bow to your greatness oh wise one!:worship::rotfl:
What do you know, Casey and I are planning an afternoon of getting our nails down today
Enjoy 😊
Not me. I will maintain my innocence for life!
:rotfl:

Or if you’re reading my notes “Jason kind king special with ref wins fight.”
HAHAHA
For entrees “Me and c shade filet just as good as last time perfect Cooke potatoes big as good lacking a bit but still like”
Hilarious. I have been missing your tipsy notes!
We also ordered the most amazing mac and cheese known to man the Bobotie Macaroni and Cheese with Four Cheeses, Wagyu, Almonds, Raisins, and Cape Malay Curry.
I have heard really good things about this!

Wine Bar George
Chad and I are plannning to hit this place up for a drink and some snacks on our adults only trip at the end of April...well, if its open. :(
the Burrata with tomatoes, olive oil, and grilled bread.
This look delicious!
These are the Crispy Mac and Cheese Bites because Mac and Cheese isn’t already bad enough for you one might as well fry it. These were terrific as they were perfectly crunchy on the inside and oooey gooey on the inside.
Cannot wait to try these!
Unfortunately Wine Bar George does not take Tables in Wonderland
Good to know.
After dinner the rains had stopped so we got Casey a new backpack for school.
We always end up with a new backpack for someone on our Disney trips.
And she decided she was going to be a “pin girl” so she got a starter set.
We are all into the pins. Me, I'm just a collector, Chad is both a collector and a trader, and the boys are just traders. Its an expensive hobby.
Before leaving we stopped in Amorettes for some delicious treats.
Love me some Amorettes!
Before bed Casey decided she wanted to be a world famous vlogger so she and Jason made a recap of the day.
So cute!

Side note the old man is still hanging in there.
I'm so glad to hear.
We hoped he’d make it through the holidays and he did! He’ll be 12 next month and since his breed usually only lives 8-10 years we know we’re on borrowed time. Not sure he’ll make to his birthday so he’s getting all the love and whatever he wants to eat in the meantime.
Wishing him and you all much time together.
For his breakfast Jason went with the Dark Chocolate Waffles which are served with a Dried Cherry Compote, Espresso-Mascarpone Cream, Chocolate Shavings, and a side of sausage.

I’m not much for sweet things in the morning or breakfast period for that matter, but these waffles were perfection! The actual waffles were light and fluffy and while chocolatey they weren’t overly sweet. The cherries added some brightness to the dish and the coffee flavor from espresso cream really set the flavor off. The whole dish was really well balanced and Jason proclaimed this his favorite Disney breakfast.
Um, yum! This looks amazing. Though I admit I'm not so much a sweet breakfast fan either.
While no limo ride at least my husband got to show off his artistic skills in line.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

In what should not come as a surprise to anyone we had dinner at the California Grill. I think this is the one restaurant we go to every trip as it rarely disappoints.
So I know you aren't planners per say, but do you actually pre-book this one?
To get our celebration off on the right foot I got their Ancho Rancho Spicy Margarita with Patrón Anejo, Ancho Reyes Chili Liqueur, Fresh Lime Juice, and Agave Nectar.
Now that looks good!
May I present, the World Series of Uno Tournament.
:rotfl2:
A grown man protecting his precious shirt from what appears to be a mean ole steak.
Okay, so don't laugh but I actually do this. But honestly, it's because I can't keep my shirt clean without it.
And my personal favorite, table cloths as formal wear.

Move over jersey shirts here is the hot new Disney style.
What in the what????

And apparently my husband tested my face :confused3
:rotfl2:
Then I braved Mission Space for the first time! I have a bit of motion sickness so I’ve always avoided this but was pleasantly surprised to see how tame the green (which clearly just translates to wussy) line was.
My max is Soarin' so sadly I have never done this. I can't do Star Tours or, sadly, FOP - which I've tried with Bonine and Sebands and was still sick for an hour afterwards - nor Smuggler's Run.
I absolutely love that shirt!

Where oh where is the time going???? It will be time or Casey and Jimmy's wedding before we know it and they won't let us get away with just a dinner then either. But hopefully they will at least get married in Disney :earboy2:
Ooh, yep! That's a plan I can totally get behind :)

Fingers crossed you can go
I know!!!! :( I am pretty much resigned to the fact that this trip will likely not happen, but I haven't let Ariane pull the plug on it just yet!

Okay...so I am amazingly late to this but I have been meaning to read it. I subscribed awhile back and get the notifications but life has been crazy and I just haven't had enough DIS time as of late. But I am here now and hope to catch all the way up! Here I go....
Welcome to the party! Seems like we all suddenly have time on our hands to catch up on the DIS. Gotta say you did a herculean job of getting through all my tipsiness

Well, I was going to say I really want to try breakfast here for the Tonga Toast...but maybe not....
Definitely go to Captain Cooks and get it. A. Its cheaper and B. They actually serve food there :P

It’s normally an annual thing for us though we do usually stay at least 14 days ( we managed 17 once). Last summer we went to Portugal so it will be at least 2 years between trips and I am seriously craving some Disney time. Not happening anytime soon with the small matter of Coronavirus among other things :(
Hope you can get there sometime this year. Right now we are planning on going over Halloween if your 14 days happen to coninside that may not be a bad thing :P

But I’m sure you’re right because you usually are and I bow to your greatness oh wise one!:worship::rotfl:
How much do I have to pay you to tell Casey and Jason that?

Hilarious. I have been missing your tipsy notes!
Me too! Heck I'm just missing some tipsy vacation time

It looks like some sort of rocket to me???? LOL
Artistic skills are so not my strong suit. As a kid it was the class I dreaded the most because I got a big ole zero in drawing or crafting skills. That's all Jason's department in our house

Chad and I are plannning to hit this place up for a drink and some snacks on our adults only trip at the end of April...well, if its open. :(
Its a great place for grown ups, though pretty kid friendly too. Fingers crossed you all can go.

We are all into the pins. Me, I'm just a collector, Chad is both a collector and a trader, and the boys are just traders. Its an expensive hobby.
Casey is all just about the trading and feeling like she is getting something for free. Thankfully my wallet we haven't encroached on collecting yet

So I know you aren't planners per say, but do you actually pre-book this one?
I'd say about 50% booking and 50% day of or day before. Brunch we've learned we have to book and this one I think I booked the day of but I really don't remember anymore.

Okay, so don't laugh but I actually do this. But honestly, it's because I can't keep my shirt clean without it.
Sorry can't do it :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I should do it because I ruin way too may clothes with my terrible table manners but just can't bring myself to do it.

My max is Soarin' so sadly I have never done this. I can't do Star Tours or, sadly, FOP - which I've tried with Bonine and Sebands and was still sick for an hour afterwards - nor Smuggler's Run.
I don't do great on any of those either, but can usually ride if I close my eyes a few times during the ride. This last trip I was feeling effects of a lot of things more than normal (thank you middle age) so think I"m going to try the sebands on the next trip just to be on the safe side.

I absolutely love that shirt!
Thanks! I got it at flower and garden a few years ago and its one of my favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter