Zootopia World rumor true or not?

Jeff Dearman

Earning My Ears
Anyone heard anymore news about a possible Zootopia world land in Animal Kingdom? Rumors have it that they could use the Train that goes to Conservation station as an entry for the Zootopia themed world/land and it would be similar to the Zootopia in the movie with rides and attractions and run ins with various zootopia characters.

Any more news on this possibility? I would also like to see an Aladdin land or Lion King land - Beauty and the beast woudl be cool too=) could recreate belles town and the Beast's castle.

I can't see them building a zootopia land and this is the first I've heard of a rumor like that. And Beasts castle is already at MK.

I know rumors were around right after Zootopia was released in theaters about a Zootopia land, but I haven't heard anything from it since its popularity died down. I really doubt it. Beauty and the Beast already have their own section in Magic Kingdom as well as Aladdin technically.

It would have been really cool at the end of the train, but doesn't look like it will happen.

Any more news on this possibility? I would also like to see an Aladdin land or Lion King land - Beauty and the beast woudl be cool too=) could recreate belles town and the Beast's castle.

Lion King Land? Do you mean Africa? lol

That is definitely already in Animal Kingdom.

Personally I would love it but I haven’t heard anything. Should but not right now (never say never)

Not a big enough IP probably for a huge land. I mean .. they barely even had Judy Hopps and Nick Wild meet and greets.
While us Disney fans seen and loved Zootopia, not many people outside the Disney fandom bubble have.
That being said --- anything would be better than "Dinoland, USA" - and it is probably why they are looking at Indiana Jones there over Zootopia.

Disney is overloaded with IPs .. and at least 3-4 new ones pop up EVERY year.

From a business standpoint, Disney probably doesn't see the profit in making a new attraction or land for every new movie. If they did, we'd have to see old classics retire (think how FEA replaced the Maelstrom).
But, the fact remains that people come to Disney and are more than happy with a lot of the 40-50 year-old attractions. (I know I am).

I cant see this happening, although to be honest with you i think a dark ride could be made. Think the train ride Judy takes where she goes through all the different lands. I don't think it'll happen, but it would be cool.

Zootopia did very well at the box office. It peaked as the 4th top grossing animated film of all time and it's still second only to Frozen as the top original animated film. I think Zootopia would fit very well as a replacement to Dinoland USA and it fits the Animal Kingdom theme. However, I don't think the IP has the staying power to warrant its own land.

The Donald Duck thing that they're trying in Dinoland next week could very well be the future of the land. All they need to do is get rid of the mad mouse coaster, telecombat ride and carnival games and replace them with something new. Dinosaur can stay. Add in more ducks / woodland creatures and you've got yourself a new kiddy area.

There's also the problem that Animal Kingdom just had a major capital investment in Pandora. We also have Disney World announcements until 2021, so if Dinoland USA gets revamped / replaced, it probably won't be until after Tron opens in Magic Kingdom.

Last edited:
They had some Zootopia character cut-outs at Conservation Station for awhile. I think they might actually still be there.

I ask is Zootopia really "land worthy"? I know it did well at the box office and such but it doesn't strike me as a memorable movie. I could watch Coco or Moana over again. Zootopia not so much.

I ask is Zootopia really "land worthy"? I know it did well at the box office and such but it doesn't strike me as a memorable movie. I could watch Coco or Moana over again. Zootopia not so much.

While I agree with you, for children Zootopia has really great appeal. There are many types of animals and they can follow the movie really well. As much as I liked Coco, it was probably over most kids' heads in terms of the meaning. I fully agree with you on Moana however, it had everything a Disney movie should be. I still cannot imagine why they couldn't use Tom Sawyer Island as some sort of Moana "land". The boats could easily be made to look like her's and the island has a lot of possibilities. Just seems too awesome not to do...

While I agree with you, for children Zootopia has really great appeal. There are many types of animals and they can follow the movie really well. As much as I liked Coco, it was probably over most kids' heads in terms of the meaning. I fully agree with you on Moana however, it had everything a Disney movie should be. I still cannot imagine why they couldn't use Tom Sawyer Island as some sort of Moana "land". The boats could easily be made to look like her's and the island has a lot of possibilities. Just seems too awesome not to do...

I suppose so. I can only speak for my kid but I know she likes Secret Life of Pets over Zootopia.

It's getting a sequel so it must have done ok / Disney likes the brand

I actually really loved Zootopia and thought it was well deserved to win the academy award over Moana ... my kids weren't as into it (other than the Shakira song)

It's getting a sequel so it must have done ok / Disney likes the brand

I actually really loved Zootopia and thought it was well deserved to win the academy award over Moana ... my kids weren't as into it (other than the Shakira song)
Zootopia is getting a sequel?

Right now, I would tend to agree. However, I think Zootopia really exceeded expectations (it did better than Moana and Coco). Disney hasn't announced anything specific after Frozen 2 for 2019, but we do know that Byron Howard is working on something with Lin-Manuel Miranda. I can't imagine it being Zootopia 2, but who knows. I didn't expect a Wreck it Ralph 2 either and Zootopia did much better than Wreck it Ralph.

If Zootopia 2 becomes a thing and if it exceeds the original, then I think it would become harder to ignore. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Hopefully something happens with Dinoland USA eventually. They can at least get rid of that mad mouse coaster. I don't like that thing at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter