‘The planning is all yours - enjoy’: The Best.Birthday.Present.Everrrr! - A PTR

Omg that book is amazing! Love it! X

Love the book! Looks fab!

I agree with the others, the notebook looks wonderful

What a lovely way to keep track of your plans :)

Aww thanks everyone, I'm really pleased with how well it came out, and I just love that green dinosaur! :goodvibes I bought a christmas decoration of him like this on our last trip, so knew he would make a great diary cover for our next trip! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to see the rest of your plans!!! I completely echo your MK must-dos/eats. I also cannot wait to see new fantasyland - though the oldies are always the goodies :hmghost: !

I'm really looking forward to O'hana - I've heard great things and I do LOVE a bit of tiki-themie

Your plans sound great so far! I love the book!

Thanks for reading along :wave2:

I can't wait to see the rest of your plans!!! I completely echo your MK must-dos/eats. I also cannot wait to see new fantasyland - though the oldies are always the goodies :hmghost: !

I'm really looking forward to O'hana - I've heard great things and I do LOVE a bit of tiki-themie

Aww thanks Laura :goodvibes oh yeah how could I forget new Fantasyland?! that's on my to do list too! ::yes::

I'm really looking forward to Ohana too, definitely can't go wrong with a bit of Tiki - I've gotta Vince Ray Tiki-surf tshirt that I might wear for the ocassion! :thumbsup2

I hope to take this one at a slower pace this time, and just stroll around the World Showcase taking it all in as we kinda rushed through them all a bit last time.

MUST DO ATTRACTIONS:

Soarin’:

I can’t wait to take my mum on this one as I know she’ll love it as it wasn’t there when we went the first time

Test Track:

Another one my mum didn’t get to do last time, and I’m looking forward to the updated version. My fav bit is the speed section where you can feel the wind rush through your hair!

The Seas with Nemo and Friends / Living Seas:

I’m a huge Nemo / sharks fan and I love to watch all the sea life, so this one is where we’ll spend a lotta time looking at it all.

Illuminations:

I remember seeing this when I was a child, but we skipped this one last trip as we were all kinda tired so am excited to see it again this time.

Spaceship Earth:

an EPCOT legacy that just has to be done! Remember to smile for the picture!!

MUST EATS:

Doofenslurper:

Huuuge Phineas and Ferb fan so really want to try one of these!!

France:

I love all things french patisserie so am sure to head over these to use up some snack credits!

Mexico:

Hoping to get some counter service here as I love Mexican food or maybe try all the different types of Tequila!

Norway / Germany:

Wanna get me some school bread and other sweet goodies at Karamell-Kuche around here nom nom!

IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE I UPDATED...

Well I haven't updated here in a while! Lots of things happening lately, some good, and some bad. Work has been mental, we sadly lost Andrew's Grandma a few weeks back, we crazily booked a few days away in Disneyland Paris 3 weeks before WDW are just a few of them. It's been all go in one way or another.

But I'm back in the holiday planning mood today! And todays current countdown is...

It's coming around so quickly all of a sudden, I'm not sure I'm prepared! You spend all this time looking forward to it and wishing it to hurry up, and suddenly it's crept up on you and you still have so much to do!! :headache: I want it to slow down a bit now, or I need to ramp up the planning as I will miss it so much when it's gone :sad2: need to take it all in and enjoy every last bit.

One thing I managed to get done today are my mousekeeping envelopes to match my notebook...

I've been collecting and printing things off that I need to stick in it and the pile is growing! Better get moving! :rotfl:

This is my fav park to visit in the evening - love all the glitz and glamour, neon signs etc. This park turns on some kinda magic after dark! I also just love all the animation side of it, being a designer / illustrator so could spend a long time here just taking it all in.

MUST DO ATTRACTIONS:

Star Tours

Can’t wait to take my mum on this one, this is one of our favs! We have a great memory from our first trip when we went on it and I loved it so much, we decided to leave the others in the group and go on it again just us 2. And then, we went on it again!! I was addicted. Mum said we can just tell the others we were gone so long because the queues were long hahaha.

Rock’n’Roller Coaster:

Coaster junkie heaven! Mum loves this one too and hasn’t been on this version yet (I think it had just been built when we went first time) so she’ll be excited for this one.

Toy Story Mania:

This is Andy’s fav Disney ride! Must rush for FPs when we get there otherwise I don’t think he would forgive me. We had such a great laugh on it when the rockets fly past your face haha.

Fantasmic!:

This show is truly amazing pure Disney magic! Can’t wait for this one, gonna try and see it at least twice on this trip. Another one mum will love!

MUST EATS:

Apart from our Sci-Fi Dine in meal, there’s not too much here that really takes my fancy for counter service. Probabaly head to Fairfax Fare or Starring Rolls from the reviews I’ve read, Mac and cheese gourmet hot dog anyone??

MUST DO ATTRACTIONS

Dinosaur:

This is the ride I’m looking forward to most at AK! Everything about it is just amazing, the theming (Dinsosaurs rock!), the speed, the darkness, animatronics - even the lil pre-show makes me laugh every time! We’re always quoting from it at home ‘that’s definitely not our Dino / we’re not gonna make it! etc’ so gonna ride this one lotsa times!!!

Expedition Everest:

Got to ride it for the first time in 2011 after much antipication so am looking forward to it again and I know my mum will love it. Great coaster and great theming.

Kilimanjaro Safari:

This is the one my mum is looking to the most, she always talks about this one and we love it too.

Finding Nemo The Musical:

I had such an overwhelming ‘i-can’t-believe-we’re-actually-here-in-Florida’ teary feeling when I watched this, even the cheesy songs got me, loved it so much.

MUST EATS:

Flame tree BBQ:

Heard really good things about this so this is on our list of must eats

Yak and Yeti:

The counter service here is supposed to be pretty good too so will probably check this out.

Thanks for reading Claire, ooh have you started a PTR? Would love to have a read. Yay for mums wanting to go on holiday! I will make sure I write home a lot about OKW as I'm excited to be staying there :goodvibes

Sorry, I've only just seen this! I haven't done a PTR I'd like to do a TR when we're back though. Not long and we'll be there!!! Haven't been since 2005 so I'm excited to see what has changed.
You report reminded me that I need to make Mousekeeping envelopes so thank you!

I love your envelopes!

Only a month away on your ticker 'til you go to WDW - it seems so quick. I'll look forward to reading your TR when we're counting down the days.

I've never been to DLP but I think that we might sneak in a visit in 2014 (hopefully around Nov/Dec). We'll be saving for a mortgage after this hol so budget will be less. Also, I'd really like to go to a Disney park when it's all Christmassy!

There are a few things we missed in WDW on my first visit last year inc. Fantasmic, Soarin' and Dinosaur so I'll remedy that this time! Is Dinosaur a bit like the Indiana Jones rides?

I'm a wimp so never went on any big coasters etc in either DLC or WDW so I'm hoping to man up a bit this time :rotfl:

I love your envelopes!

Only a month away on your ticker 'til you go to WDW - it seems so quick. I'll look forward to reading your TR when we're counting down the days.

I've never been to DLP but I think that we might sneak in a visit in 2014 (hopefully around Nov/Dec). We'll be saving for a mortgage after this hol so budget will be less. Also, I'd really like to go to a Disney park when it's all Christmassy!

There are a few things we missed in WDW on my first visit last year inc. Fantasmic, Soarin' and Dinosaur so I'll remedy that this time! Is Dinosaur a bit like the Indiana Jones rides?

I'm a wimp so never went on any big coasters etc in either DLC or WDW so I'm hoping to man up a bit this time :rotfl:

Thank you! I had fun trying to print them (it wanted to leave an area blank I guess for sticking a stamp on) so got through a few before I got them right :rotfl:

I know it's gone crazily fast the last few months, I don't know where it's gone! I will miss the planning when it's over so gonna try and go all out the last month. Glad to have you onboard for the TR when I come to it. :thumbsup2

Yes you have to go to DLRP around christmas time - there's something truly magical about DLRP in the winter that you don't get in the other parks - they make it snow on Main Street, play christmassy music and the hot chocolate is amazing, you gotta go! :goodvibes

I know what you mean about mortgages, we sorted ours just a year ago now and we're only just starting topping up the savings account again now. We're now saving for the wedding! :bride:

You will love Fantasmic, Soarin' and Dinosaur! Dinosaur is pretty similar to Indiana Jones so if you like that, I'm sure you'll love this. It's tucked out the back of AK so a lot of people don't really know it's there. It's my fav ride in AK :thumbsup2 I'm a bit of a wimp with things that drop suddenly, that's why I'm not a fan of Tower of Terror but give me a coaster any day. Look forward to reading more of your PTR! :goodvibes

Thanks for reading Claire, ooh have you started a PTR? Would love to have a read. Yay for mums wanting to go on holiday! I will make sure I write home a lot about OKW as I'm excited to be staying there :goodvibes

Sorry, I've only just seen this! I haven't done a PTR I'd like to do a TR when we're back though. Not long and we'll be there!!! Haven't been since 2005 so I'm excited to see what has changed.
You report reminded me that I need to make Mousekeeping envelopes so thank you!

Thanks for reading Claire, glad to have been of some help. Would love to read your TR if you do one :thumbsup2

LOOK WHAT TURNED UP TODAY....

Was a lovely treat to get when I got home from work today, got very excited! I'm just about to start sticking things in my journal as I feel like I'm in a planning mood tonight :cool1:

It's also 1 month to the day we fly so we would just be getting there now, ahhhh so exciting!!! :cheer2:

Im so excited for you!! That Disney envelope... how is it an envelope can make so many people so happy?! Hehe!! Xx

Im so excited for you!! That Disney envelope... how is it an envelope can make so many people so happy?! Hehe!! Xx

Thanks Steffi, I know it's like the best type of post ever. I'm old school as well, I like having actual tickets / vouchers - couldn't imagine not getting mickey mail, all part of the excitement!

I'm a kid, I love getting mail! We're planning for our wedding at the moment and no one will send me a brochure! Its all e-brochures!

Xx

ANYONE UP FOR SOME DANCING?!?!

5A05B876-A5BA-4457-AB53-DA7D5EEBE5CD-1677-000000ED3AE7ABA3_zps2c7dda88.jpg

Eeeeeeee so excited! This time next week I will have finished work until September!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter