‘Tiana’s Bayou Adventure’ to Open in Late 2024, Replacing Splash Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsap

DIS Veteran

Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Coming to Disney Parks in Late 2024

Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. The all-new adventure which will bring guests into the world of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ film “The Princess and the Frog” like never before is coming to Magic Kingdom in Florida and Disneyland park in California in late 2024.

DAF0CBC1-1260-4EC1-826B-7A79ED43D7B1.jpeg

First announced in 2020, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will take guests on a musical adventure inspired by the beloved story and characters from the fan-favorite film. Picking up where the film left off, guests will join Princess Tiana, Naveen and jazz-loving alligator Louis on an adventure through the bayou as they prepare to host a one-of-a-kind Mardi Gras celebration where everyone is welcome. Along the way, guests will encounter familiar faces, make new friends and travel through the bayou to original music inspired by songs from the film as they are brought into the next chapter of Tiana’s story.

6A98D647-EE93-4A63-97B2-85ACD2417A93.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m not in a location where I can watch the video - any word on closure date for Splash in WDW?

I’m not in a location where I can watch the video - any word on closure date for Splash in WDW?
JUST A GUESS ~

Unless Tron comes up before the end of the year, in which case they can take Splash down, my guess is January when they usually close it anyway for maintenance.

The video was only about the team's visits to New Orleans, the bayou and other locations around it. Discussing their research, not the actual attraction.

JUST A GUESS ~

Unless Tron comes up before the end of the year, in which case they can take Splash down, my guess is January when they usually close it anyway for maintenance.

The video was only about the team's visits to New Orleans, the bayou and other locations around it. Discussing their research, not the actual attraction.
Is there a list/schedule of which rides are closed for maintenance in January/February?

Is there a list/schedule of which rides are closed for maintenance in January/February?
I've never seen one from Disney, just lists that private sources put together that they fill out when Disney announces closures.

Here is the list that is on this site https://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm

Note: SM closes every year in the Jan/Feb time frame for maintenance. Makes sense during cooler months.

First Look at Tiana’s New Outfit for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure

Disney announced this morning that the new ride replacing Splash Mountain would be called Tiana’s Bayou Adventure and open in late 2024. They have now revealed Princess Tiana’s new outfit for the ride.

tianas-bayou-adventure-outfit-1200x675.jpeg

The article on the official Disney Parks blog says that the attraction is "evolving from the reimagining of Splash Mountain", so it must mean that the original SM might be safe, and that Tiana's Bayou Adventure will be a completely new and original ride. Just my thoughts. We’ll see what happens at the D23 Expo this September.

The article on the official Disney Parks blog says that the attraction is "evolving from the reimagining of Splash Mountain", so it must mean that the original SM might be safe, and that Tiana's Bayou Adventure will be a completely new and original ride. Just my thoughts. We’ll see what happens at the D23 Expo this September.
I doubt it. The entire purpose of retheming Splash Mountain to Princess and the Frog is for Disney to distance themselves from the movie Splash is based on.

I doubt it. The entire purpose of retheming Splash Mountain to Princess and the Frog is for Disney to distance themselves from the movie Splash is based on.
Maybe they can retheme Splash Mountain, if "Tiana" ends up being a totally new/original ride, to be "inspired by"/"loosely based on" the Br'er Rabbit stories, basically with the characters not being based off of African-Americans?

Hmm. After watching the video, I'm wondering if the mountain is going to be transformed into a salt mine? They mentioned that the team visited the salt mine as it is the only thing of elevation in the area and that they want the ride to be authentic. So maybe "mountain" no longer fits.

Hmm. After watching the video, I'm wondering if the mountain is going to be transformed into a salt mine? They mentioned that the team visited the salt mine as it is the only thing of elevation in the area and that they want the ride to be authentic. So maybe "mountain" no longer fits.
I was wondering too about the salt mine (I learned something new about LA) and thought possibly it would be part of ride in some rooms or even some outside parts on the back, just need a color change. But I suppose potentially they could paint the entire outside more a white color ??? But mines are in caverns so that probably makes no sense.

I wonder if there will be any other retheme like the train station could be more themed to NOLA. Or pulling in BTM into the theme as it is about mining. New overlay for Tom Sawyer Island be cool.

So many complained that NOLA story shouldn't be in a mountain (like the Brer stories were in a mountain 🙃) well now they aren't calling it a mountain anymore. Use your imagination.

I don't care about the name, I'm just excited for the new story.

SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC: I'm sitting here going through BOXES of kid's papers, art, etc and came across this. When you were too short to ride they would give you this. When tall enough you take it back and got to go to front of line. No FP back then so it was a huge treat. Not sure they do anything like that anymore.

289995231_1022979851533490_3208876155077657210_n.jpg

Last edited:
So so glad that we got to ride the original many times, but I am also super excited for the new version. It tears at my heart strings to know that we will lose the original but I can’t imagine a better replacement than this.

Please do us proud Disney!!

Dan

Maybe they can retheme Splash Mountain, if "Tiana" ends up being a totally new/original ride, to be "inspired by"/"loosely based on" the Br'er Rabbit stories, basically with the characters not being based off of African-Americans?
The new Tiana ride is replacing Splash Mountain, hence the name of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter