‘Tiana’s Bayou Adventure’ to Open in Late 2024, Replacing Splash Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you trying to imply that when the original ride was developed, the br'er rabbit character wasn't also designed to appeal to kids of that generation? Come on, guys, you're not making any sense on this one.
Muddying the waters and trying to shift away from an attachment to a problematic IP.

My 6 year old loved the Test Track ride portion in its current form, and my 9 year old could've spent hours designing her customized car, what was it like before that made it better than it is now?
I did love the crash dummy theme it was at one point but alas, that is probably a theme that appeals to a certain "older" age group. The new version is more modern and computer generated which would appeal to the younger guests.

I actually like the colored light glow of BTM at night. But I agree that Frontierland could be doing more at night, especially compared to the rest of the park. I really like these nightttime renderings
Agree BTM has that punch. It is funny because many photos of SM at night give the impression of a very high lit colorful mountain but in person it wasn't that interesting. I think folks must do the camera magic to burn the most color. But Frontierland ... it's like a ghost town at night, so dark and uninviting. Perhaps this will really amp it up and spread the energy.

This is one of Disney's photos and meh.

dpa103130LARGE.jpg

And, that money spent on this attraction could be better spent either 1) upgrading attractions that truly need it or 2) building brand new attractions.
This is not an option .... it is not do we paint this wall or this wall? Disney is removing the IP from the parks it owns. It is happening whether they chose Tiana or Pooh or Woody. The money in this budget is set. This ride will get the upgrade it truly needs and then some, guests will get a "new" ride and I think it will be way more popular than Splash as it stands now.

Last edited:
@HopperFan do you find it necessary to respond to every opposing post about this? You seem to be pretty condescending to opposing view points and constantly remarking on all of them

@HopperFan do you find it necessary to respond to every opposing post about this? You seem to be pretty condescending to opposing view points and constantly remarking on all of them
First day on the internet? Also, why so defensive about supporting problematic IP?

I agree with all the comments regarding lighting! Both WDW and DLR it gets DARK over there!

I’m pretty sure I’ve commented before but way before D23:

D23 made me even more excited for this! The ride looks amazing and I love it’s a new story!

Also the new restaurant for DLR! Wonder if it will go to River belle or will they take out Winnie the Pooh and hungry bear? Only time will tell, but I was already excited over this-D23 made me ecstatic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter