‘Twilight’ TV Series in the Works

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/twilight-tv-series-in-the-works-1235391710/

The Twilight Saga is getting the television treatment as sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that a series version of author Stephenie Meyer’s best-selling book series is in early development via Lionsgate Television.

The Twilight TV series is in its infancy and does not yet have a network/platform or a writer as sources say the studio, which controls the rights to the franchise, plans to lead the development on the project before shopping the rights to the package. There is not yet a timeline for when the Twilight series will be taken out to potential buyers as Lionsgate first plans to find a writer to steer it.

Sources say author Meyer is expected to be involved in the television adaptation. Wyck Godfrey and former Lionsgate Motion Picture Group co-president Erik Feig, who during his tenure at Summit Entertainment bought the rights to the Twilight book series after Paramount Pictures passed, are both attached to exec produce the television take. Godfrey’s Temple Hill banner produced all five of the movies that Feig’s Summit distributed. The film franchise, which made stars of Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner, collectively grossed more than $3.4 billion worldwide.

Reps for Lionsgate Television declined to comment.

Twilight is a major piece of Lionsgate’s library. In 2017, five years after Breaking Dawn: Part 2 wrapped up Meyer’s film adaptation, Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer told Wall Street during an earnings call that “there are a lot more stories to be told, and we’re ready to tell them when our creators are ready to tell those stories,” in reference to both Twilight and The Hunger Games franchises.

Word of a Twilight TV series comes as Lionsgate has been negotiating with multiple bidders to potentially spin off its studio business and premium cable network Starz by the end of September 2023. The Lionsgate studio business, which includes film and TV production divisions, grew revenue 25 percent to nearly $900 million in the third quarter.

Yippie! Another pointless reboot absolutely no one asked for!

Yeah, I don't get it. I'm not a big Twilight fan, but like Harry Potter this is a reasonably recent and well received movie series -why retell it? Expand the universe? Sure, that makes sense. But it feels like they already have the definitive version made and I don't think fans will accept the new ones.

Last edited:
I'd watch it. Thought the books and movies were fun! Always on the hunt for a new YA fantasy show.

I'd watch it. Thought the books and movies were fun! Always on the hunt for a new YA fantasy show.

But even if it's retelling the same story? That's what I don't get. This sounds like a new adaptation of the same material. Unless it will be radically different, what's the point?

But even if it's retelling the same story? That's what I don't get. This sounds like a new adaptation of the same material. Unless it will be radically different, what's the point?
I hear ya. That is lackluster; I wish they'd do something new within the universe.

I loved the books and movies, BUT I wouldn't be interested in a TV series at all.
Just let the movies be please and find another project for a TV series.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/twilight-tv-series-in-the-works-1235391710/

The Twilight Saga is getting the television treatment as sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that a series version of author Stephenie Meyer’s best-selling book series is in early development via Lionsgate Television.

The Twilight TV series is in its infancy and does not yet have a network/platform or a writer as sources say the studio, which controls the rights to the franchise, plans to lead the development on the project before shopping the rights to the package. There is not yet a timeline for when the Twilight series will be taken out to potential buyers as Lionsgate first plans to find a writer to steer it.

Sources say author Meyer is expected to be involved in the television adaptation. Wyck Godfrey and former Lionsgate Motion Picture Group co-president Erik Feig, who during his tenure at Summit Entertainment bought the rights to the Twilight book series after Paramount Pictures passed, are both attached to exec produce the television take. Godfrey’s Temple Hill banner produced all five of the movies that Feig’s Summit distributed. The film franchise, which made stars of Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner, collectively grossed more than $3.4 billion worldwide.

Reps for Lionsgate Television declined to comment.

Twilight is a major piece of Lionsgate’s library. In 2017, five years after Breaking Dawn: Part 2 wrapped up Meyer’s film adaptation, Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer told Wall Street during an earnings call that “there are a lot more stories to be told, and we’re ready to tell them when our creators are ready to tell those stories,” in reference to both Twilight and The Hunger Games franchises.

Word of a Twilight TV series comes as Lionsgate has been negotiating with multiple bidders to potentially spin off its studio business and premium cable network Starz by the end of September 2023. The Lionsgate studio business, which includes film and TV production divisions, grew revenue 25 percent to nearly $900 million in the third quarter.
I think it would be cool if it was told from Edward or Jacobs side of events. Like from before he became a vampire and met the Cullens and before Bella.

I think the Hunger Games from Cornelius Snow or the game makers side would be cool, or the dude played by Woody Harrelson. It's been a min since I've watched it. I know there was a book about Cornelius Snow, but I havent read it yet.

I don't mind some of these reboots but it would be more intresting if you were getting another characters view of events instead of the same one we already know. I love Harry Potter and I'm excited about the reboot, but I think it would be cool from Dracos side, or Luna or Hermoine. Or Professor McGonnagals. I don't need to see Harry's side all over again.

Last edited:
this thread is making want to rewatch the Vampire Diaries. I enjoyed twilight somewhat.. some parts annoyed me.... but I looooved vampire Diaries

I am not much of a reader, but I did watch the first couple movies. The first one was entertaining, but I gave up after the second one.

I kinda wished Buffy would just step in and clean house on them.

I am not much of a reader, but I did watch the first couple movies. The first one was entertaining, but I gave up after the second one.

I kinda wished Buffy would just step in and clean house on them.

Ha, that's always how I feel about vampire movies. You just can't make them sympathetic for me. Someone call Blade, or Simon Belmont, or Buffy, etc. Get rid of them all!

Ha, that's always how I feel about vampire movies. You just can't make them sympathetic for me. Someone call Blade, or Simon Belmont, or Buffy, etc. Get rid of them all!
But Buffy was a vampire slayer, not a vampire. She was getting rid of them, except for 1

But Buffy was a vampire slayer, not a vampire. She was getting rid of them, except for 1

Right, that's what I meant. Call a professional slayer like Buffy and let her destroy all the vampires. Simon Belmont is the main vampire hunter from Castlevania, and Blade is Marvel, though he IS half vampire, but he's pretty uncompromizing with his dislike for the real vampires. Turn them loose!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter