‘Twilight’ TV Series in the Works

Right, that's what I meant. Call a professional slayer like Buffy and let her destroy all the vampires. Simon Belmont is the main vampire hunter from Castlevania, and Blade is Marvel, though he IS half vampire, but he's pretty uncompromizing with his dislike for the real vampires. Turn them loose!
Good grief, I'm dumb today. I read your post entirely wrong. Like "call them buffy... or whoever, get rid of them" I need more caffiene and for today to be friday

Good grief, I'm dumb today. I read your post entirely wrong. Like "call them buffy... or whoever, get rid of them" I need more caffiene and for today to be friday

Nope - get rid of the Vampires is what I meant. I really tend to dislike movies and shows that try to make them sympathetic. They'll get none of that from me!

I just can't believe that in a world where every barista, retiree, and waiter has a script or a book, there aren't more original ideas in Hollywood. I assume it's just that producers want to go with a known cash cow, and consumers are too lazy to try new material so would rather eat up reboots, sequels and prequels. If people wouldn't watch these endless remakes, Hollywood would move on. But they do, so...

It's just depressing that there's so little new material and that what does come out is never given a chance to find an audience before it's shut down after three episodes. And it creates a self-defeating cycle. People become reluctant to invest in something until it has some episodes under its belt because they don't want to waste the time, but then the thing gets cancelled because people didn't flock to it immediately. Rinse, repeat.

(I mean, intellectually I know that new stuff comes out all the time, but it's hard to find any of it because so much of the promo noise goes to the remakes and reboots. And then if you do find something, it gets canned too fast. Unless it's reality programming, which is a whole other pet peeve.)

Sorry for the rant, but this just bugs me. It's why I don't watch a lot of TV or movies anymore, and I generally refuse to invest in a book series until the series is finished.

I just can't believe that in a world where every barista, retiree, and waiter has a script or a book, there aren't more original ideas in Hollywood. I assume it's just that producers want to go with a known cash cow, and consumers are too lazy to try new material so would rather eat up reboots, sequels and prequels. If people wouldn't watch these endless remakes, Hollywood would move on. But they do, so...

It's just depressing that there's so little new material and that what does come out is never given a chance to find an audience before it's shut down after three episodes. And it creates a self-defeating cycle. People become reluctant to invest in something until it has some episodes under its belt because they don't want to waste the time, but then the thing gets cancelled because people didn't flock to it immediately. Rinse, repeat.

(I mean, intellectually I know that new stuff comes out all the time, but it's hard to find any of it because so much of the promo noise goes to the remakes and reboots. And then if you do find something, it gets canned too fast. Unless it's reality programming, which is a whole other pet peeve.)

Sorry for the rant, but this just bugs me. It's why I don't watch a lot of TV or movies anymore, and I generally refuse to invest in a book series until the series is finished.

You are right - it's a cycle. Audiences respond to sequels and remakes with big bucks, so producers continue to make them. This leads to fewer original idead getting through, and when they do they often can't find an audience in a sea of the familiar (some things do though). The numbers tell the producers that audiences don't want those original things so they continue to release retreads. When something big an doriginal does breakthrough, there are immediately a dozen copycats, which immediately dilutes the concept until it goes away or becomes entrenched in the same cycle of sequels and remakes.

So true, and since this source material is so awful, it's sad to see it rebooted.

Yeah, I don't get it. I'm not a big Twilight fan, but like Harry Potter this is a reasonably recent and well received movie series -why retell it? Expand the universe? Sure, that makes sense. But it feels like they already have the definitive version made and I don't think fans will accept the new ones.
I am in favour for book 4-6 of Harry Potter. Especially 4, I want Winky's plotline back!

In the movie series it was one of the few where breking up the book into 2 movies was a good decision. They should have done that from movie 4.

Book 6 was alright, but a lot of stuff had been cut, and the ending was rushed.

With the movies they relied a lot on the viewers having read the books and filling in the gaps of what they had cut.

With more time to tell the story they can make the universe more accessible to those who haven't read the books.

I would like the series to be about 6 one hour episodes instead of going for 10 or more. The pacing shouldn't drag. Maybe 7 episodes. 7 is a magic number 😉

Finally why I would like one: they started the movies before the final book was released. With all books out they can start referencing things from book 7 in series 1.

And what's Harry Potter without Alan Rickman? There won't be a better Snape.
No doubt - he was an absolutely fantastic Professor Snape - nobody could have played that character better than him.

And what's Harry Potter without Alan Rickman? There won't be a better Snape.
True, however, that should not mean the part be ever played by other actors. Other actors have already played the part in the Cursed Child play.

With all the names going round, I can be okay with Adam Driver as Snape.
I don't want him to be too handsome, or too kind.

Weird thought: Richard Armitage. Great at playing the dark brooding mysterious characters. His Guy of Gisborne in Robin Hood is kinda similar to Snape's character. And he is a good voice actor, does lots of audobooks and castlevania. He can do the right voice, I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter