“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When making an itinerary, you're not bound to it. It helps you realize what can be done in a limited amount of time, guides you towards understanding timing when to be at a certain location such as meeting a specific character, getting on rides or seeing shows. I honestly do not recommend planning every single minute, you'd miss too much! As mentioned before I think you should use Tag Team, this is where someone holds the line while your spouse does something else. When the spouse is done, he returns to you and then you do what you want to do.

Tuesday, Sept. 25 / Who: DH, DS3, DD1, and me

3:30-4:10 Arrive at MK, go through bypass & get wristbands. You & DD1 head to Moana, DH & DS3 head to Pooh.
4:15-6:00 Moana Post #979
Tag Team: DH & DS3 4:15-4:35 Winnie the Pooh FP+ 3:25-4:25
Tag Team: You & DS3 4:45-5:00 Peter Pan FP+ 4:30-5:30
Tag Team: DH & DS3, DD1 5:10-5:25 Magic Carpets of Aladdin
6:00-6:25 Jungle Cruise FP+ 5:30-6 This Might not happen but let's put it in anyway!
6:30-7:15 Captain Jack Sparrow
Tag Team: DH gets a cool snack
7:20-7:45 Pirates of the Carribean
7:55-8:20 Haunted Mansion or Tea Cups
8:25-9:35 Boo-To-You Parade in Frontierland - This is a bit early but you have a stroller so save your first row spots!
Tag Team: You have 35 minutes. I recommend Trick or Treating 15 minutes each, you & DS3 then DH & DS3 Don't move your stroller, if you want to take the baby, then carry her!
9:40-10:30 Hallowishes on Main Street
10:40-11:10 Space Mountain - DH Single Rider
Tag Team: You & DS3 & DD1 meet Lotso
11:15-11:35 Scream Dance Party - DH, DS3 & DD1
Tag Team: Space Mountain - You Single Rider

Questions?
Thanks so much for taking the time to do this! This makes a lot of sense. We may skip Moana just so we can spend more time doing rides together when we first get to MK. And DS is hit or miss with Moana lately. Do you think there is any way we can do the scream-o-ween ball before the parade? I have a feeling our kids won't make it much past the parade.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this! This makes a lot of sense. We may skip Moana just so we can spend more time doing rides together when we first get to MK. And DS is hit or miss with Moana lately. Do you think there is any way we can do the scream-o-ween ball before the parade? I have a feeling our kids won't make it much past the parade.

Absolutely, the dance parties have started at 7pm so you have plenty of time prior to the parade. Sounds like fun! I agree, I think your kids will be passed out considering how young they are.

Also note, I did NOT add you to the list of itineraries.

Last edited:
Going August 31st just my sister and I.
I have FP+ for POTC at 3:15pm, JC at 4:15pm, and Space Mountain at 5:15pm.
We plan to do Mickey's Philharmagic and COP between JC and Space since we love those shows and they aren't open during the party.
We will likely eat at Cosmic Ray's, do some trick or treating, have some snacks, and just take in the atmosphere and then most likely end after the fireworks.
We mostly go to the parties for the atmosphere of MK that you don't get on a daily basis so we don't worry too much about seeing specific characters or shows.

Another year we don't get to party together :rolleyes: but tickled to see you're attending!
I know you have this under control but I wanted to confirm, do you need help with creating an itinerary? Or are you just rubbing it in! :P

Last edited:
Another year we don't get to party together :rolleyes: but tickled to see you're attending!
I know you have this under control but I wanted to confirm, do you need help with creating an itinerary? Or are you just rubbing it in! :P

Hahaha I just got so excited I had to share my plans or I'd burst
I wish we could go together that would be so awesome!

Just realized I never did post my date for the roll call on the first page :)
My son and I will be going to the party on 9/7 as Max and Roxanne from A Goofy Movie!
Not really sure how we will do the party. Our priorities are mostly rides, candy and shows. Not so much the characters. Any input? We have FPs for Peter Pan 3:20-4:20, 7DMT 4:20-5:20 and BTMR 5:20-6:00.

Last edited:
Just realized I never did post my date for the roll call on the first page :)
My son and I will be going to the party on 9/7 as Max and Roxanne from A Goofy Movie!
Not really sure how we will do the party. Our priorities are mostly rides, candy and shows. Not so much the characters. Any input? We have FPs for Peter Pan 3:20-4:20, 7DMT 4:20-5:20 and BTMR 5:20-6:00.

Hmm, roll call? Just want to confirm, roll call - MNSSHP Guest List Thread can be found here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...st-thread-read-post-2-before-posting.3671224/

This is the itinerary thread! :flower3:

It took me awhile to find the post, under MNSSHP tickets. I’ll be going both Oct 35 and 28. Assuming that I can take 4 persons in with me and my son, I can meet a party of 4 at the front gate at 2.

It took me awhile to find the post, under MNSSHP tickets. I’ll be going both Oct 35 and 28. Assuming that I can take 4 persons in with me and my son, I can meet a party of 4 at the front gate at 2.

Is this an invitation? :rolleyes1

This is great news for DVC members but no so much for everyone else. Thank you for posting though! :thumbsup2

I know, it really only applies to a small(ish) group, but I'm super excited because we only have party tickets (no park tickets this time) and it will be our first time at MK (we are from the west coast and usually do Disneyland) before our Disney Fantasy cruise so I'm excited to have a couple of extra hours in the park, plus it will allow us to get the lay of the land as it were.

We’ll be there the 25th but we will have park tickets anyway

With the DVC extra two hours, and with October 25 being my first day at WDW, I may wait until October 26 to activate the AP for myself and my son. Since I want to do several Character meet and greets and magic shots on the 25th, I was thinking about taking my daughter’s magic band with me in the park (she activated her AP in June and she is linked to my MDE) and using it when the PhotoPass photographer wants to scan a magic band. It should work but, since I won’t be using her MB to enter the park, will Disney consider this an infraction, equal to trying to use FP from a AP who didn’t enter the park? I may call Disney but I have one strike against me from June 2017, when they instituted their current ban on using unused tickets/AP’s to make FP’s (we were there on the day that the policy was started and after a couple of days had the 3 FP accounts frozen. I called, was given a pre existing speech not to do it again and the accounts were unfrozen). I would prefer not to have 2 strikes against my MDE account. I might call Disney about it but would be concerned that the notes from the call be entered to Disney’s data base concerning me. If I think that either the pictures won’t show up or that I could incur Disney’s wrath, I would probably activate the AP’s on the 25th, as losing one day isn’t that big a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter