• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d do space first as it’s at the front of the park and you’ll be able DH get to it quickly. Next two the order doesn’t matter much as they’re closeish, unless there’s a character you want to be closer to at the start of the party. But BOOK the mine train first!
That will be our second party and I’m hoping to meet jack and Sally at the first one. I really haven’t touched my itineraries much since I didn’t know for sure what we were doing and I want to see how the dessert party goes. That’s also the day we will be doing our dessert party. Space first sounds good and then I’ll just see after what we can get. We aren’t too picky because we will be at mk for two parties and two other half days.

Hi all! Been following along since ... well since last year and since I didn't do a great job planning last year's party I'm hoping to get some advice for this year's!:disrocks:

First it will be myself and DH attending the October 4th party (my birthday and our 10th wedding anniversary)!!

We are dressing as DH - Mike W and me - Sulley (we bring along our friend Stitch and he will be dressed as Boo)

Plans for the day:
11:55 am - ADR Bon Voyage
3:15-3:30 pm Park Arrival
3:25-4:25 pm Buzz Lightyear FP
4:25-5:25 pm Tomorrowland Speedway FP
5:00-5:30 pm Facepainting in Tomorrowland
5:30-6:00 pm 7DMT FP
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Belle and Gaston
7:15 PM – 7:30 PM Haunted Mansion
7:45 PM - Sleepy Hollow Snacks
Cadaver Dans
Aladdin & Abu
Jafar
Jasmine & Genie
Captain Jack??
Mad Tea Party
Hocus Pocus Villian Spectacular
Boo To You Parade
HalloWishes
Monsters Inc Dance Party

It doesn't matter what order we do things but I'm trying to avoid excessive walking (I'm disabled and can get tired) and since we try to get to the party at least once a year I listed the things I really would like to do this party. I also want to get some of the magic shots we missed last year especially Haunted Mansion if possible.

I hope you all can help... @FoxC63 I know you were headed for DL and not back until Aug 26 so if any other DISsers are willing to help out I'd appreciate it xo @Cluelyss @Bex258 @HopperFan
You’ll need to allot more time for HM. The ride itself is around 15 minutes and it can get a bit of a wait on party nights. Especially if the storytellers are on the lawn. I’d plan for a minimum of 30 minutes here, 45 if you want the magic shots.

Grab snacks at Sleepy Hollow and knock out as many Adventureland meets as you can (Aladdin characters and Captain Jack.) If you can be in Jack’s line before his M&G starts your wait will be much less (so line up 15 or so minutes before his 8:00 or 9:00 set if possible). Start making your way to a spot for Hallowishes in the Casey’s garden around 9:45.

After Hallowishes head to the Tea Party. Hopefully the wait is shortish and you can be heading into Frontierland by 10:45. Watch the 10:50 Cadaver Dan set while waiting for the parade. Parade will be past you 11:30ish, so cut into Tomorrowland for the dance party, then grab a spot for the last Hocus Pocus show (at 12:00). Do the Main Street Magic shots and headless horseman shot on your way out.

It’s a full night, but doable. The only wild card is how many Adventureland M&Gs you can get through in about 90 minutes. Don’t think it will be all 4.

You may also consider hitting the Tea Party between Belle & Gaston and the Haunted Mansion. Or after the parade on your way to the dance party (depending on how much time you wanted to spend there). This would just help limit you cross-crossing the park too much.

You’ll need to allot more time for HM. The ride itself is around 15 minutes and it can get a bit of a wait on party nights. Especially if the storytellers are on the lawn. I’d plan for a minimum of 30 minutes here, 45 if you want the magic shots.

Grab snacks at Sleepy Hollow and knock out as many Adventureland meets as you can (Aladdin characters and Captain Jack.) If you can be in Jack’s line before his M&G starts your wait will be much less (so line up 15 or so minutes before his 8:00 or 9:00 set if possible). Start making your way to a spot for Hallowishes in the Casey’s garden around 9:45.

After Hallowishes head to the Tea Party. Hopefully the wait is shortish and you can be heading into Frontierland by 10:45. Watch the 10:50 Cadaver Dan set while waiting for the parade. Parade will be past you 11:30ish, so cut into Tomorrowland for the dance party, then grab a spot for the last Hocus Pocus show (at 12:00). Do the Main Street Magic shots and headless horseman shot on your way out.

It’s a full night, but doable. The only wild card is how many Adventureland M&Gs you can get through in about 90 minutes. Don’t think it will be all 4.

You may also consider hitting the Tea Party between Belle & Gaston and the Haunted Mansion. Or after the parade on your way to the dance party (depending on how much time you wanted to spend there). This would just help limit you cross-crossing the park too much.
Thanks for your input...I appreciate it!

View attachment 342879
This is from last year...Me as Lilo, Duffy as Stitch, Stitch as Gus the Hitchhiking Ghost and DH as Phineas

OMG! I love the Stitch stuff. <3 I have a little tsum tsum Stitch (aka "Mini Stitch") that goes everywhere with me on my travels (he loves his instagram shots! :P) Anyway this made my day haha. Enjoy the party and can't wait to see Stitch as Boo.

OMG! I love the Stitch stuff. <3 I have a little tsum tsum Stitch (aka "Mini Stitch") that goes everywhere with me on my travels (he loves his instagram shots! :P) Anyway this made my day haha. Enjoy the party and can't wait to see Stitch as Boo.
Thanks!! Stitch even has his own suitcase and loves his Instagram shots too lol!! :stitch: We look forward to posting lots of pics! :cool1:

Question about dining - how late are most of the quick service restaurants open? I have heard that we would be smart to eat before we arrive and that restaurant availability is limited, but is there any reason we couldn't do a mobile order during the party around 7pm?

Question about dining - how late are most of the quick service restaurants open? I have heard that we would be smart to eat before we arrive and that restaurant availability is limited, but is there any reason we couldn't do a mobile order during the party around 7pm?
Not all restaurants will remain open past 8pm while some will close by 10pm (CHH is one that usually closes before the party is over). Cosmic Ray Casey's and Main Street Bakery are the ones I remember being open till 12am.

Not all restaurants will remain open past 8pm while some will close by 10pm (CHH is one that usually closes before the party is over). Cosmic Ray Casey's and Main Street Bakery are the ones I remember being open till 12am.

That’s great! I was hoping for CHH but we can make it work before 8pm I am sure. I was worried they might close by 7 when the party starts. I will just check the hours that day before we go. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
That’s great! I was hoping for CHH but we can make it work before 8pm I am sure. I was worried they might close by 7 when the party starts. I will just check the hours that day before we go. Thanks for your help!

Yes be sure to check hours. Every party I have attended they closed a regular hours closing so that could mean 6pm this year.

Yes be sure to check hours. Every party I have attended they closed a regular hours closing so that could mean 6pm this year.

Good to know! I have checked our October date a few times but nothing is listed yet as far as hours for CHH. I just checked 8/17 a few minutes ago and it is listed as being open until 6:45. I will definitely confirm closer to my own date, but i am taking that as a clue it may close before 7pm then too.

Thanks so much! I did a search for my date and while they don't have openings for parties of my size (6) on our date (Oct 11) they do have openings for parties of 4. That gives me hope that something may open up if I keep checking. I also might speak with my biggies and see if they might prefer to use that time for rides rather than sitting at dinner. It is possible that they would rather have the park time, and it would save me some cash too.

You guys are great! Thanks again!
Hi...with 4 daughters, CRT is the most important dining we book. I would grab that reservation for 4 and then keep looking for a 2 reservation around the same time. Or try to modify the 4 to 6. If you do the first, when you arrive to check in let them know you have 2 reservations and they should accommodate your party. Enjoy!!!its the most magical experience.

A quick question... I've seen several posts about Fast Passes during the party. I thought there were no Fast Passes during party hours. True? False?

A quick question... I've seen several posts about Fast Passes during the party. I thought there were no Fast Passes during party hours. True? False?

There are not.

The discussions have been about the hours between when party goers can enter the park (4:00) and when the party begins (7:00).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter