“Savory” ice cream at Salt & Straw

Had the caramelized turkey and cranberry sauce ice cream today at Downtown Disney. No line in the morning. Sampled all their Thanksgiving flavors. Didn’t like any of it other than the turkey.
I tried the flavor you originally posted about on this thread and while it tasted good after a couple of bites it would have become too much for me. I have celiac so I was limited to only a few flavors to sample, I did enjoy a scoop of salted caramel 😊. I read they had one with bugs in it recently, not sure I’m that adventurous.

Yet another culinary trend that needs to go much faster than did truffle oil.

Defending it against who? The hoity toity crowd who would never stoop so low to step foot in a pedestrian ice cream place like Salt and Straw? Good riddins if that crowd doesn't show up. I would rather hang around plebiscites who frequent Salt and Straw.
We genuine plebs won't pay 5 quid for a single scoop when we can buy a whole half gallon for 3 at Aldi.

The same hoity toity crowd that told me I needed to try truffle oil, charcoal everything, rainbow everything, mason jar salads and IPA are the same hoity toities that tell me I need to go have savory ice cream at Salt and Straw.

I'm not sure I agree with that. I mean - Gideons! 😁 It seems like plenty of foodie-hipster types love Disney and I think Saly & Straw is pretty much in their wheelhouse.
The foodie-hipsters go to the original Gideon's in Orlando. It's in a lovely, small food hall type place with other small bakers, makers, and coffee brewers :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter