•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

I got the "year end" DVC email yesterday which said among other things that the Reunion Station would open in early 2018. We have a trip planned for 2/11 and hope it will be finished by then.

I got the "year end" DVC email yesterday which said among other things that the Reunion Station would open in early 2018. We have a trip planned for 2/11 and hope it will be finished by then.

It will be interesting to see what the pay as you go "Concierge" is like at Reunion Station. We enjoy wine tastings on cruises, but you can only taste wines so many times at a resort/cruise until you pretty much covered all the wines they are willing to allow you to taste. I am not sure if we will really use this service much.

That’s great to know, thanks for sharing!

I don’t get any emails - how do I sign up?

I know we have 50 years years and I joke DVC will likely outlive me and will be for my kids and grandkids and maybe great grandkids. That being said my inlaws have VGF and an August year. Just a matter of fact we will end up with that as well. Does it make sense then for us to also have an August UY so eventually we will have two contracts both with the same UY?

We have two contracts with different UYs, and it hasn't been an issue. But if you are buying direct from Disney, then I'd go for the August use year just to keep things simpler.

That assumes that you are comfortable with not cancelling trips, especially summer trips. If you book a summer trip before August 1, and then cancel it, you could run into point restrictions and possible point forfeitures. So it is important that as a DVC owner you feel that you can book a trip and not have anything come up to make you cancel it. Primarily I am referring to job responsibilities. But I've seen people want to cancel due to more mundane things like a son's soccer tournament or daughter's dance recital...and then be mortified because they didn't know it would put them in a bind with their DVC points due to UY expirations and holding points.

Good luck with your decision! :)

The email for those who didn't get it......

As always, we're continuously working on enhancements to your digital experience. Starting next summer, we'll give you expanded functionality and convenience on the Member website, letting you not only make but also modify your reservations when you're booking Disney Vacation Club resorts with points. The enhanced site will also be mobile friendly so you can make and modify your reservations right from your smart phone.

In early 2018, Reunion Station will open adjacent to Geyser Point Bar & Grill at the new Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Reunion Station is being created exclusively for you, our Members, and will function as a concierge lounge serving a light breakfast and happy hour offerings (a nightly fee applies). You may also book unique activities at Reunion Station, like wine tastings and photography classes. During certain times of day, the new lounge will simply provide a peaceful place to relax.

Your in-room experience has never been more important to us. That's why we will begin removing trash from your rooms at Disney Vacation Club resorts on a daily basis in addition to regular housekeeping visits. The daily service begins December 22, 2017, at five resort properties (Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian Villas & Bungalows, The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian, Disney's Grand Californian and Aulani). The service extends to all other Disney Vacation Club resorts on January 7, 2018.

You will enjoy more Moonlight Magic dates than ever in 2018, with events already confirmed for every month from January through November. Included are the first Moonlight Magic events at Disney's Hollywood Studios, where the highly anticipated Toy Story Land will have made its debut by the time Members take over the park. Also planned is a return to Disney California Adventure, where Paradise Pier will have been transformed into Pixar Pier. Click here for confirmed dates.

Launched in 2016 as part of Disney Vacation Club's celebration of "25 years and beyond," the Member Lounge on the second floor of the Imagination! Pavilion at Epcot became an instant hit. The lounge's popularity prompted its extended operation in 2017, and I'm pleased to report that it's scheduled to remain open throughout 2018. If you happen to be visiting Epcot, I encourage you to stop by the lounge between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily to enjoy comfortable seating, complimentary soft drinks, Wi-Fi, device-charging stations, access to Member Service Advisors and more.

We know how important it is for you to reach Member Services at convenient times. With that in mind, we have extended the hours for Member Services by 90 minutes each day - to 9 p.m. ET on weekdays and to 7 p.m. ET on weekends.

You've been asking about this for a long time, and I couldn't be more pleased to provide it: Personalized merchandise. We're talking about shirts, hats and other apparel and gift items that are customizable for each Member and their resort. You can even add the milestone year you joined Disney Vacation Club. Visit the Benefits & More section of DisneyVacationClub.com to learn more about how to show your pride in your Home Resort.

And don't forget about the exclusive ticket savings we're offering Members and guests at Walt Disney World Resort, available for purchase for only a few more days (you can buy them through January 3, 2018, and activate them through the end of 2018). Save more than 25% on a Disney Platinum Plus Annual Pass, or get seven days of Disney Theme Parks for the price of five. These are two really exciting offers - and a continuation of the discounts and special offers we make available to our Members, like extensive merchandise and dining discounts at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort, as well as unique opportunities with Disney Cruise Line and Adventures by Disney.

Thanks! I actually just looked, it is checked. Not sure why I’m not receiving anything.

I would call MS at some point and have them go over your account settings. I'd suggest calling in the afternoon as we are in the 11 month booking period for Thanksgiving now, and moving into that early December 11 month booking period pretty soon!

Thanks! I actually just looked, it is checked. Not sure why I’m not receiving anything.
Check your “all inboxes” and spam as well. I had to move the first few emails from spam to my inbox. I think I also checked some box that said this is not spam.

Check your “all inboxes” and spam as well. I had to move the first few emails from spam to my inbox. I think I also checked some box that said this is not spam.

Thanks! Yeah I did!! Maybe I’ll call to make sure nothings wrong. My husband isn’t getting any either.

My husband gets all the emails but I don't. He is the lead name on the contract. I too have checked to receive emails, but I still don't. MS must need to do something to get both names to receive emails.

My husband gets all the emails but I don't. He is the lead name on the contract. I too have checked to receive emails, but I still don't. MS must need to do something to get both names to receive emails.

I’d be happy if at least he got them!! I’ll just have to call after the holidays!

I became an owner in July 2017.

My first stay as an owner will be 2nd till 23rd July 2018. My first stay as an owner and my 40 th birthday. I can’t wait

:welcome: and Congrats!! Happy you found us!! I’ll be sure to get you on Page 1!!!! That’s awesome you’ll be staying for your 40th!!! My 40th was yesterday!! :o

WELCOME HOME!!!!

Hi everyone! So happy to have found this thread :tiptoe: We became new DVC owners in November & our UY is June. We had our first stay at WL the week after Thanksgiving and completely fell in love with the resort & the glorious boat ride to & from MK. I booked our first stay yesterday morning - a lovely way to start Christmas Eve - and we will be staying the exact same dates as mrsap (hope you had a great birthday!!) ... Nov 24 - Dec 1, 2018 :santa:

Happy Holidays everyone, so I was too busy yesterday to give you a Christmas wish. I hope you and yours have a magical New Year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter