•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

We're staying at CCV in January. I've done some Googling and can't find a definitive answer - do you need to fold strollers to go on the boat from MK? We have a little one that will most likely be asleep when we head back and want to avoid taking her out of the stroller if possible.

We're staying at CCV in January. I've done some Googling and can't find a definitive answer - do you need to fold strollers to go on the boat from MK? We have a little one that will most likely be asleep when we head back and want to avoid taking her out of the stroller if possible.
My experience has been that usually the boats to WL are the smaller wooden boats, and yes, you have to fold stroller on those. Sometimes they do have those bigger boats (like the ones over at Epcot area) and you can roll the stroller onto those.

While we dont have kids yet, I agree with DisneyCowgirl, the smaller boats they run will have to be folded, but the bigger boats I have seen they allow you to roll and keep the kids in them. When I have been there they seem to alternate between the small and big ones, so you could always wait.

Last edited:

The small launches you need to fold up the stroller. The larger boats you do not. What isn't definitive is which boat you'll have. In the early morning and evening they usually have at least one of the larger boats operating.
While we dont have kids yet, I agree with DisneyCowgirl, the smaller boats they run will have to be folded, but the bigger boats I have seen they allow you to roll and keep the kids in them. When I have been there they seem to alternate between the small and big ones, so you could always wait or worse case take the bus from WL to MK.
The bus would still require the stroller to be folded though.

When I have been there they seem to alternate between the small and big ones, so you could always wait.
Correct. We were at CCV in late July. When on one type of boat, we always saw the other type heading the opposite direction.

Those in ECVs always have to wait for the larger boat (motor cruiser) as the smaller vessel (water launch) has a deck lower than the dock.

Anyone know what temperature the hot tubs in the cabin are heated to? Are we able to change it ourselves or do we have to ask the resort to adjust it? Can't have it too hot for the toddler and pregnancy.

Anyone know what temperature the hot tubs in the cabin are heated to? Are we able to change it ourselves or do we have to ask the resort to adjust it? Can't have it too hot for the toddler and pregnancy.
I don't know the exact temperature, but it's not super warm. We have been able to get it adjusted by the resort, but couldn't do so ourselves.

So I know the 1 bedrooms at Copper Creek have some "alternate" lay-outs, do any of the dedicated 2 bedrooms? Staying for a few nights after Thanksgiving and my parents are tagging along and doing a resort only stay so trying to figure out what to request.

So I know the 1 bedrooms at Copper Creek have some "alternate" lay-outs, do any of the dedicated 2 bedrooms? Staying for a few nights after Thanksgiving and my parents are tagging along and doing a resort only stay so trying to figure out what to request.
It’s 8 studios that have the alternate layout, in order to get one with a 2 bedroom you need to book a 2 bedroom lockoff. (With tub) These will be the X115/X117 or 1167/1168 room numbers.

Last edited:
It’s 8 studios that have the alternate layout, in order to get one with a 2 bedroom you need to book a 2 bedroom lockoff. (With tub) These will be the X115/X117 or 1167/1168 room numbers.
I know about the alternate studios. I also know there are a couple of different layouts for the 1 bedrooms... one where the fridge is by the entry door vs the galley. We have a dedicated 2 bedroom, so I didn't know if there were any odd layouts in the dedicated 2 bedroom category.

Just checked out of one. While it says max temp is 104, it definitely was not 104. Nice and warm though. Ours had changing colors at night, asked to have them turned to regular lighting and was told they were unable to adjust them.

I have a reservation for CC the week of Thanksgiving. I am in the final stages of planning and just realized that our last stay March 2021 we may have been upgraded. Room 5124 facing the cove pool.

For that trip we had 2 separate rooms (sleeping area plus tv area with the built in table and pull out), kitchen & washer/dryer.

I'm in the final stages of planning for our trip this month and I was thinking I would have a full sized refrigerator. I check the reservation and it's for a Deluxe Studio with Walk In Shower. According to the floorplan that is a single room w/a kitchenette. So I check the March 2021 reservation email and it's the same room description. Because the room types are the same I had to have been upgraded the last time and won't have the refrigerator, etc this time. Dumb rookie mistake on my part but at least now I don't have to go grocering shopping for our trip or cook!

Posted this is another thread as well:

Can I ask opinions on if this is a realistic plan? My MK day is Wed 11/16 to take advantage of extended evening hours. That day, the extra 2 hours are from 11pm-1am. We’re staying at CCV. We are a family of 3 and NOT early risers on vacation. I was able to get a Topolinos breakfast for 12:10 that I would like to keep. I was thinking we would start our day at that point. Not sure if we’re ubering or figuring out Disney transport there. After Topos, make our way to MK (prob Uber unless u guys suggest an easy Disney route). So let’s guesstimate its around 2:00 by now. I would like to see the fireworks in the park at 8:15. But we just grabbed a Story Book dining for 8:45 back at our hotel. Is it ridiculous for us to leave the park right after fireworks & Uber over to WL? Will the crowds even let us do that quickly? And lets say we do, can we come back into MK after that dinner to finish off the extended evening hours from 11-1:00am? Will there be a boat at 1:00am to take us back to WL?

Can I ask opinions on if this is a realistic plan? My MK day is Wed 11/16 to take advantage of extended evening hours. That day, the extra 2 hours are from 11pm-1am. We’re staying at CCV. We are a family of 3 and NOT early risers on vacation. I was able to get a Topolinos breakfast for 12:10 that I would like to keep. I was thinking we would start our day at that point. Not sure if we’re ubering or figuring out Disney transport there. After Topos, make our way to MK (prob Uber unless u guys suggest an easy Disney route). So let’s guesstimate its around 2:00 by now. I would like to see the fireworks in the park at 8:15. But we just grabbed a Story Book dining for 8:45 back at our hotel. Is it ridiculous for us to leave the park right after fireworks & Uber over to WL? Will the crowds even let us do that quickly? And lets say we do, can we come back into MK after that dinner to finish off the extended evening hours from 11-1:00am? Will there be a boat at 1:00am to take us back to WL?
I would say that's much too much time away from the parks. Of course, that's just my opinion. I would either cut the Topolino's or Storybook. Both are character dining so it's going to take a lot of time.

The boats are open as long as the parks are and the boat to WL is easy. You might have a line to get on, but it's not a long wait for the next boat.

I would imagine you wouldn't get to MK until 2, like you said, but then you have to beat the rush after fireworks to get back to MK. So, you wouldn't really get to enjoy the whole fireworks show.

If you want to do the Extended Hours, my advice is to skip the Story Book Dining reservation - try for another day or save it for another trip.

If Topos is a must and that’s how you’re starting the day, transportation isn’t so bad around that time. Leaving after fireworks is the issue. Unless you watch from the dock area, which isn’t too good of a view, the rush out of the park and to the CCV boat is insane. CCV boat is the only way I take back and forth at anytime when I stay there. Not bad at all.

Hi everyone. What is the best grocery service at CCV these days? Does Instacart work Or am I better off with Amazon Prime or something? Last time we were there, there weren't so many options!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter