🤩 Poll: do you have enough points?

What is your point status? (Including pending contracts)

• Enough points

• Not enough points

• Too many points

• Probably enough but I want more

• Too many and I want more

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted enough. However, depending on the VGF new studios, we may buy some to have 100 VGF points total, to pass those 100 on to a DS. We have 65 VGF, so 35 more.

I bought 125 earlier this year before the minimum increase to 150. Really wanted about 175 but couldn’t afford it at the time.

We bought 150 at BWV with the idea that studios would be fine for our family of 4. Our first stay included 150 banked points so we stayed in a 2 BR and we all know what happened after that including now having 2 teenagers- added 50 for BWV and 150 BRV.

We have a little too many which we rent out to put towards the dues. We are lucky in that my parents also are DVC members and we split our yearly two week trips with them, so we have even more extra points.

Just sold 2 contracts felt we had to much
I was going to buy another resort but I’m not happy with way things are going so I’m not buying I’m considering selling my other 2 contracts and saying goodbye - even with DVC it’s getting to expensive to see Mickey and I think I’ll visit other places - so very sad I use to enjoy it so much

We have 500 that we bought years ago in two contracts. This past year we had to bank so many that we have Oct reservations for the cabin at CCV, which we are very excited about. But with the way things are going with Disney lately, we are thinking of selling a contract.

We have more than enough points, I just wish I had of spread them around at more resorts than the 4 we own at.

I used to think we needed more, but after the recent changes to FPs , APs and the DVC benefits, I think we now have enough as we will probably go a lot less now.

That's kind of where I am. I was originally planning to get 250 points at Riviera, but I went with 200 due to the resale restrictions. I was also wanting to get another 250 at Reflections, but the resort has since been cancelled. So I guess they lost 300 direct points from me with their decisions.

It's been great, but now I'm thinking that I may be better off going less often. So instead of doing two trips a year, I may cut it back to one trip a year, every other year or once every three years. There are lots of other places I could visit.

For my May 2022 trip I'm planning on going to Busch Gardens and Sea World before I head over to Disney World. I've never been to either one of those parks.

With the direction Disney is headed, I would say we have too many. We will be going less often in the future.

I don't understand the question....

Points are like Potato Chips. You can never have enough.
When I first saw this poll, your post represents exactly what I was thinking!
Here's the thing with us, I'd definitely add on more points. However, we've owned for 20 years now, and I simply cannot imagine paying today's prices for points! Both direct and through resale, I feel like the prices have gotten a bit crazy!

We have been good with our points for many many years (200 + 60 OKW, 150 + 50 BCV) = 460

We did buy small contracts for two of our kids (100 & 75) (three kids). Sometimes they need a few from me and sometimes I use a few from them. They don't visit as often as we do.

There are not many times that I wish I had more. We like to venture out a bit more now too - we don't want to be limited to just Disney vacations.

I bought 300 direct in March, calculated that would be plenty including a cushion, and somehow I'm already borrowing.

Is it ever really enough? ;) I mean, I can find a way to spend them. Clearly.

Enough but want more. We recently added on a resale contract, and I think with that we actually have enough to do what we want (within reason) every year. I'd love to have enough to stay 5 nights in a CC Cabin plus go for all my other random trips during the year, but that's probably not reasonable!

I can always use more points! But with ticket prices like they are, I am good for now. I would like to add one more 150 direct at some point so I can have one to gift to each of our daughters for when they have kids. We have 210 resale AKV and 150 CCV direct. It's enough for now :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter