04/27/11 DCL's WONDERful LA-VANCOUVER REPO ON THE WAY TO ALAKSA

Basing it on Juneau, I've found info that in May, the average high MAXIMUM is 53º :scared1: and the low 39º! :scared1:
I for one am going to get some Damart Thermolactyl !!! Used that stuff when I was a letter carrier in Pittsburgh and it's WONDERful!!!

UNPREDICTABLE!
When we went in May on Holland America back in the 90's we were told that was the temperature and that it would rain probably every day.

It was unseasonably warm and I remember one day it was 78 degrees. We only had one afternoon of a light drizzle for about 2 hours, the rest of the time it was beautiful.

My suggestion.....layered clothing.

UNPREDICTABLE!
When we went in May on Holland America back in the 90's we were told that was the temperature and that it would rain probably every day.

It was unseasonably warm and I remember one day it was 78 degrees. We only had one afternoon of a light drizzle for about 2 hours, the rest of the time it was beautiful.

My suggestion.....layered clothing.

Good point, but... to be prepared... at least one of my layers will be long underware... just to be safe! :rotfl2:

Hello!

Tentatively add us to the list. As silvers, we're not booked yet, but we've got our request in to DU! :cool1: It's just the two of us (Brandi & Chad), sailing for our 10-year anniv.

Initially, we thought about Alaska, but frankly the pricing of the balconies made me lose sight temporarily in my left eye. Though I think DH will be sad about not getting to pan for gold ;)

The repo itinerary looks great! One or both of us have been to most of the ports, which actually encourages us more. S. Cal - yaaay! SF- goooood, Vancouver - bueno! Though the question is what days to add before and/or after. I've never been to S. Cal and am dying to visit Disneyland, and DH would love to kill a few days in San Diego. But I've been to Vancouver and think DH would find it amazing. Decisions, decisions.

Phew...am I really thinking this far ahead and the cruise isn't even booked yet? :rotfl:

Basing it on Juneau, I've found info that in May, the average high MAXIMUM is 53º :scared1: and the low 39º! :scared1:
I for one am going to get some Damart Thermolactyl !!! Used that stuff when I was a letter carrier in Pittsburgh and it's WONDERful!!!
I know I don't need to suggest it, but maybe you need "anti-freeze".:lmao:

I'm wearing a fleece lined coat at night in Atlanta when it's high 70's.:scared1: I'm in big trouble! May have to get some ski clothes!!!

We are also doing this cruise B2B with the first Alaskan cruise. A sweet 13 days of new Disney experiences.:thumbsup2

Oh all you folks who are CLEARLY not from Rochester, NY!! :rotfl2: The weather in Alaska in May is going to feel like a balmy Spring day for us!! OK, well that's probably stretching the truth a bit...BUT....our winter clothes by late April/early May will only have been packed up for a few weeks as our "winter" doesn't feel like it really ends here until mid to late March at least (last year it snowed here in the first week of April). So while it's uncommon for me and Jason to vacation somewhere where it isn't warm (which isn't a shock since about the only place we vacation is WDW :rotfl:), the weather won't be too big an issue for us....it just means we'll spend less time sunbathing on Deck 10!! :thumbsup2

Hoping to join you all on the B2B. Only a silver, so I'll know next Monday. Fingers crossed!!!

Oh all you folks who are CLEARLY not from Rochester, NY!! :rotfl2: The weather in Alaska in May is going to feel like a balmy Spring day for us!! OK, well that's probably stretching the truth a bit...BUT....our winter clothes by late April/early May will only have been packed up for a few weeks as our "winter" doesn't feel like it really ends here until mid to late March at least (last year it snowed here in the first week of April). So while it's uncommon for me and Jason to vacation somewhere where it isn't warm (which isn't a shock since about the only place we vacation is WDW :rotfl:), the weather won't be too big an issue for us....it just means we'll spend less time sunbathing on Deck 10!! :thumbsup2

Being a Canadian from Southwestern Ontario I can totally relate...I think we'll be the only ones up on deck in our shorts as we'll be thinking it's warm!!!!!!

weather won't both me on the cruise. I can be here in NJ in winter wearing shorts and a sweatshirt, so if the weather is above 10 degrees I'll be fine with weather anywher warm or cold

Being a Canadian from Southwestern Ontario I can totally relate...I think we'll be the only ones up on deck in our shorts as we'll be thinking it's warm!!!!!!

In Ontario, huh? We're kinda almost neighbors! We go into Ontario frequently for weekend trips up to Toronto! :) (although i fyou're in southwest Ontario I gather you're probably farther down towards Michigan? My parents live in the UP of Michigan and they probably drive through your neck of the woods when they are coming to visit us as they cross into Canada at Port Huron and back into the US near Niagara and/or Buffalo)

We live just outside Hamilton.....you pass right by our exit on your way to Toronto!!!!!

For those who would like to be added to the roster... please send me a PM with the info on the first post. You can send it in stages. I have several who haven't booked yet on the list. This way I won't miss anyone's request.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter