1?

Paul said:
maybe we will just stay at the hotel rooms . for 25 or 30 more times . you people are VERY rude ! DAN
HUHHH??? WHA????

Do you suppose since Paul or Dan is new to the boards he didn't pick up on the humor in some of the posts? That's the only thing I could come up with!

Tom

Paul said:
maybe we will just stay at the hotel rooms . for 25 or 30 more times . you people are VERY rude ! DAN
The price difference between DVC and a Disney hotel is only a fraction of what you quote, maybe 1.5 to 2 times for weekdays and actually reversed for weekends. Even if you ignored the upfront costs and only took into account the maint fees, you're still talking at max 5 times for hotel vs DVC studio (the only valid comparison) for weekdays and 2 times or less for weekends.

BTW, no one was trying to be rude nor do I think anyone succeeded inadvertently.

I was really enjoying the takeoff from Carol's kitchen and vaccuum 'decorations' , so I was somewhat taken aback by OP's comment that people were being rude.

1? asked and answered, OP...would you have preferred a simple 'no' to your question?????????? well, ok.....'NO'

And what did OP mean by 'for 25 or 30 times....?'
Guess he hasn't an iota of Hanname! :rotfl2:

I never cook at home and I have two kitchens!

I certainly won't cook on vaction but it is nice to have a fridge to but the drinks and plates to put the pizza and more plates to put the cookies on. Glasses in the cupboards to pour the wine into.

Wish I was in the kitchen at DVC now!!

Susan

OP, I don't think anyone was being rude...there was a lot of "tongue-in-cheek" humor being displayed...we DVCers are a humorous bunch!!!

To answer your question seriously, no there is not a DVC unit that doesn't have some sort of kitchen faciltiy. The studio has a kitchenette with a small microwave, a coffeemaker, a small fridge and a toaster. The 1BR & larger units have a full kitchen.

We do not do any significant amount of cooking when we are on vacation either, but as others have pointed out, it's nice to be able to make a cup of coffee or hot chocolate, have a place to keep drinks cool, or store some leftovers for snacks. And, purchasing bottled water at the grocery store is far more cost-effective than buying it for $2.50/bottle in the park.

You do not have to use the kitchen just because it's there though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter