1?

Paul

Earning My Ears
Do they have rooms without kitchens in them. When We go on vacation I dont cook.

All DVC resorts have studios. They have a mini fridge and microwave and paper/plastic utensils. Also at Vero they have 2 different rooms w/ just the fridge/micro set up.
Even on vacation it's nice to have a kitchen to stash the midnight snacks! :mickeybar or the doggy bags.

P.S. only the larger rooms (1, 2,3 BR) have the launry area in room; others have to use the ones near the pools.

Yes, 1,2, and 3 bedroom villas have kitchens, but that doesn't mean you have to cook! It's great to have a ful sized fridge for leftovers, snacks and breakfast milk. Great for ice cream too! ;) The villas have laundry rooms too, but you don't have to use those either! :teeth: Of course, we prefer to pack VERY light and wash a load every other day. It's so much easier to just have carry on luggage, and packing clean things makes unpacking a breeze when you get home. If you want to do just the studio, you will sacrifice the in room jacuzzi too, so maybe an unused kitchen is small price to pay for that little luxury. ;)

I agree with Diane - just because a room is decorated with a kitchen doesn't mean anything. You aren't one of those "curious types" that has to see what works and what doesn't are you? ;) :teeth:

Personally, I think it is kind of nice that the kitchen-decorated units come with a working (verified it myself, LOL) jacuzzi tub and a nice big king sized bed.

Best wishes -

P.S. BWV has room service - I often suggest it to anyone who wants me to see if the kitcvhen decorations work.

P.P.S. All the units come with vacuum cleaner decorations too, but I really don't get that at all - I mean, who decorates their closet???? :confused3

lol - vacuum cleaner decorations!
I always wondered what those were - lol

The kitchen props....yep.

I didn't think I'd cook on vacation either. We went with my aunt in law who was doing Atkins and wanted to start every morning with two eggs. So we got out the frying pan and picked up some eggs. Before we knew it, we had eggs going for six every monring. Turned out to be nice. Another nice thing that are nice about those functional kitchen props - the freezer is big enough to freeze a couple of bottles of water to take into the park.

Back in June 2003 during our first trip home (BCV) I picked up a cooking pan of bacon and the grease spilled all over my left hand. This caused me to drop the pan which then splashed on my wife's leg. Needless to say I have had many second thoughts about cooking on vacation ever since. It should be noted that after a visit to first aid in Epcot we made our Behind the Seeds tour two hours later and it wasn't until getting to Vero 5 days later did I finally visit a doctor. That wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done. The doctor said I had 2nt degree burns over most of my left hand. Oh well, I've got a Disney souvenir that was really earned.

I hear that kitchen makes a great bedroom if you bring along an aerobed. :rotfl2:

Really, we all have our own idea of what makes a "vacation." We've had trips where we eat 2 meals per day in our room and others where the kitchen is just a place to store beverages and snacks. Unless you're on an unlimited budget, you can save considerable dollars just by stocking your fridge with soda, water and whatever other beverages suit your fancy. Paying $6-8 for a dozen bottles of water at Publix beats $2.50-3.00 each that Disney charges. And it's nice to have a few munchies around the room for those late nights or early mornings.

The microwave is perfect for making a cosy cup of hot chocolate in the evening. :hug:

The kitchen is where you keep the oreos and lucky charms and diet cherry vanilla doctor pepper.

CarolMN said:
I agree with Diane - just because a room is decorated with a kitchen doesn't mean anything. You aren't one of those "curious types" that has to see what works and what doesn't are you? ;) :teeth:

hahahahahaha - funny, my house came with similar decor :rotfl2: and I occasionally go in there to admire it! :rotfl:

(ok - so I do cook, just hubby cooks more - that makes me :banana: :teeth: )

I think it would be interesting to see how many DVC members do/don't ever cook on vacation. Yup, our kitchen is a place for all those pastries we buy to go with the soda and milk in the refrigerator.

We actually have used the kitchenette a LOT before and on our next trip finally have a one bedroom (doomed I know - spoiled for life afterwards I am sure). We do breakfast in the room everyday as a time saver. I hate wasting those precious morning hours in a restaurant! We also ate most lunches there on our last trip because we have young ones and were headed back for nap time anyway (those little microwavable meals are GREAT for a quick lunch).

This time, I think we will do a dinner or two as well since we have a full kitchen, but it will be things like lasagna or a roast I can cook in the crock pot (which I was planning on taking since we drive). Things that basically will be easy to make and eat! Don't plan on any REAL cooking :)

I mentioned on another thread DW only uses the kitchen for coffee and cocktails on vacation. Webmaster Cricket correctly pointed out that would qualify it as a bar. So think of it in those terms instead of as just a kitchen! :drinking1

We don't cook while on vacation. But the kitchen is great for reheating your leftovers from eating out!

I hardly ever cook at home. I'm the type that will eat a bowl of cereal for dinner if I get hungry.

Don't worry, the kids get fed. Their nanny cooks dinner on the week nights which we all eat at my parents' house before heading home.

We fend for ourselves on the weekends which means DH usually cooks 'cause he gets hungry first! :rolleyes1 He's a great cook! :love2:

DH keeps hoping that having a "real" kitchen on vacation will "inspire" me to do some cooking! :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I do bake more when on vacation because it's easy to use the oven. I use the oven at home to store some pots and pans and it's always a pain to take everything out to use it. If it doesn't fit in the toaster oven, it ain't getting baked!! :blush:

Good thing DH didn't marry me for my cooking! :lovestruc

maybe we will just stay at the hotel rooms . for 25 or 30 more times . you people are VERY rude ! DAN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter