10/24/2009 Bash On the Boat (I'm with BOB) - Thread #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found "my mistake" at last!!! The checkbook finally balanced out!!! It's crazy how one "little mistake" can drive a person :crazy:

Oh yeah, the checkbook is still driving me :crazy: :lmao:

If you are off by 3 or 6, it is a finger slip if you're using a key pad.

If you are off and it is divisible by 9, then you have a transposition error.

Also, make sure the balance when you flip pages matches the previous page.

Another is to make sure you put the check/deposit amounts in correctly.

There is also coding errors at the bank. They may read a number wrong or transpose as well.

Just a few tips to help you. :thumbsup2

I'm with you Andy, I balance my cheque book each month and I refuse to put it away until I figure it out:headache:

I was going to start up chapter 7 myself earlier as a joke, but decided not to do it...........;)

No problem if you ever do Andy. I don't have to have the first post, I just want to make sure any changes/updates are made. If you want to take it on, you're more than welcome.

All I do is quote Post #1, copy everything except the "quote" codes, add the link to the previous thread, and change the name of the new thread.

Simple.

You may need to do this in August.

As Jeff would say, it's the last post that counts, because some threads are closed before reaching the 3750 mark...........:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Not true. The #3750 is the prize, but the ultimate last post is when the thread is closed - like thread #5 that closed on the day I said it would. :lmao:

Sorry, nope not me, I was surprised as you were that it was closed without any "how do you do, here is your next thread link." But since it was posted on page 250 I guess it didn't need to be posted again.

I'm sure they saw we were getting close, know the games we play and let us get right to that 3750th post. Plus, #7 was already open and they probably read my post about finishing that one up first.

I think were one of the more popular threads and therefore are watched more. Just a thought. BTW, how many other DIS Meets have 7 threads already, not counting the two Repos? And if they do, I bet they are for this year.

I just pulled everything that was listed in my online account page, and I still come up the same $400.00 over. I need a drink, where is my iced tea wife.......:rotfl2:

Hey Andy, you got the $400 I borrowed you? I'd like it back now. :rotfl2:

I thought I'd bring the current Radisson list over to the new thread so I keep it up to date for when I call them in the next few days. If anyone wants me to add them to either list pleas let me know in the next few days!

BOBers wanting to book a room at the Radisson:

Bobers possibly wanting to book a room

19 "for sure" rooms. That is a lot. Wait until those who are staying at the hotel the we annoy see us all in the front of the line at the Port. They'll be like, "great, a whole week with these crazy people".

If you are off by 3 or 6, it is a finger slip if you're using a key pad.

If you are off and it is divisible by 9, then you have a transposition error.

Also, make sure the balance when you flip pages matches the previous page.

Another is to make sure you put the check/deposit amounts in correctly.

There is also coding errors at the bank. They may read a number wrong or transpose as well.

Just a few tips to help you. :thumbsup2

No, just a "stupid" mistake when I was transposing the total outstanding checks from one line to the other, it should have been 4885 and I wrote 4485. :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

19 "for sure" rooms. That is a lot. Wait until those who are staying at the hotel the we annoy see us all in the front of the line at the Port. They'll be like, "great, a whole week with these crazy people".

Yep!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

We never balance ours:confused3 - I could tell you how much is ever in my bank account or how much is on the CC:confused3

I actually don't balance mine monthly. I think I do it about once a year if not 15-18 months. Might miss a payroll deposit every once in a while but nothing else big. Any errors are always in my favor.

I actually don't balance mine monthly. I think I do it about once a year if not 15-18 months. Might miss a payroll deposit every once in a while but nothing else big. Any errors are always in my favor.

That would drive me nuts, I have to balance our checkbook each month.

When I was church treasurer, I did the church checkbook, our checkbook and also my mom's and grandmother's checkbooks each month. If that wasn't fun. I'm so glad those days are over!!!

I found "my mistake" at last!!! The checkbook finally balanced out!!! It's crazy how one "little mistake" can drive a person :crazy:

$400 isn't a little error. Did you subtract instead of Add?

Speaking of little errors, I remember once I was going over our financial statements with the Treasurer of the Board at the time. We present them with the full amount (dollars and cents). Well, he was thinking of how his company (and all other large corps do) that he needed to add the three 0's to the end. We got a good chuckle. :lmao: Too bad the numbers weren't multiplied by 1,000.

No, just a "stupid" mistake when I was transposing the total outstanding checks from one line to the other, it should have been 4885 and I wrote 4485. :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Aaaahhh. I do that sometimes in the "running" register at work. You see the duplicate numbers together, but your mind is working faster than your typing and you type the first two numbers as the duplicate.

The bad thing is, you look at it and since the first number, as well as the majority of numbers are the same, it doesn't stick out.

Glad you found it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter