• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

11/24/07 We are Better Than Leftovers!!! Nana Head reunion Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharon,good to hear you made it back safely. I was beginning to wonder about you guys.:confused3
The weather was perfect while you were here, I have to agree.:goodvibes

well I am about ready to turn in for the night, I can hardly keep my eyes open.

catch everyone tomarrow,

kathy

Goodnight Nanaheads!

I held the dress up to Elizabeth but haven't tried it on her! Stephanie, Elizabeth and I went Christmas shopping today and I bought her a pink onesie for underneath and I'm going to find some matching tights! I'll take a pic next time she's over and post it.

I still haven't gone through the pictures :confused3 but I've enjoyed and saved all the pictures that have been posted. When I have the time, I'll go to Nananation2007 and check it out.

Tomorrow I am going to my knee doctor. First time back to him since 2000! My other insurance didn't cover him. I am anxious to hear what he has to say.

Hope to catch up soon. Dawn

Hi Dawn,
good to hear from you.

well I am off to do more Christmas shopping today. I wa sout early yesterday and 2 stores didnt open until 10 and by then I was back on the other side of town. So I will go back to them at 10 this morning.

Josh,

shuttle launch at 4:32 this afternoon!!

kathy

Hi Dawn,
good to hear from you.

well I am off to do more Christmas shopping today. I wa sout early yesterday and 2 stores didnt open until 10 and by then I was back on the other side of town. So I will go back to them at 10 this morning.

Josh,

shuttle launch at 4:32 this afternoon!!

kathy

Hi Kathy
Hi Josh
Hi Everyone!

Was the shuttle up on its pad when we came home on Saturday? I was looking for the NASA building and the pad - did not think I saw the shuttle. Last year it was up on the pad - but it was too foggy and cloudy to see it.

Off to work soon. The first week of the month is always busy for me - and having it just after vacation made it extra busy. Will catch up on things this weekend.

Great pictures everyone - thanks for sharing!

Have a great day :)

Hi Mina,
the shuttle should of been on its pad. The usually move it out there about a week before launch. But they have several launch pads, so it is hard to say for sure which area it was in. They are several miles away from the main building. It takes them all day to move it to the launch pad and I think they go 3 or 4 miles per hour.

I have seen a few of the launch pads and they would be hard to see from the main road.

dont work too hard,

hope to see you both posting on the 08 board too.:thumbsup2

kathy

Hi Mina,
the shuttle should of been on its pad. The usually move it out there about a week before launch. But they have several launch pads, so it is hard to say for sure which area it was in. They are several miles away from the main building. It takes them all day to move it to the launch pad and I think they go 3 or 4 miles per hour.

Yes, it should have been on the launch pad when you guys came back in. And, sorry to correct you Kathy, but the Crawler moves at the blazing speed of 1 mph! Slow and easy!:thumbsup2

Speaking of the Shuttle, I went to the Orange County Choppers store last night and one of the choppers they had on display was one made to honor the crew of Discovery:
NYC302.jpg

Mel-I'll have Joe write Chris a little love letter soon. I think if we can get you guys to Va Beach............he'll definitely be in. Think VERY carefully about moving your '08 reservation. You should keep it and just book '09 in a little while............but if you can't talk Chris into going; you can share a room with me:woohoo:

I'm not messing with the Nanas and their schedule. I don't care where we go as long as I'm with you guys. I know a lot of you out there actually enjoy your family enough to cruise on your own..........but I'M NEEDY!!!!! It would NEVER be the same without you guys. You kept me sane......

Keep the pictures coming.

Judy and Robin-do it, do it, do it.................book, book, book

Mel-I'll have Joe write Chris a little love letter soon. I think if we can get you guys to Va Beach............he'll definitely be in. Think VERY carefully about moving your '08 reservation. You should keep it and just book '09 in a little while............but if you can't talk Chris into going; you can share a room with me:woohoo:

I'm not messing with the Nanas and their schedule. I don't care where we go as long as I'm with you guys. I know a lot of you out there actually enjoy your family enough to cruise on your own..........but I'M NEEDY!!!!! It would NEVER be the same without you guys. You kept me sane......

Keep the pictures coming.

Judy and Robin-do it, do it, do it.................book, book, book

Kim-
I haven't changed it yet.... I'm just getting quotes...

The thing is that we really don't want to cruise again until Jackson is old enough for the kids club (he would only be 2 1/2 next November)... the only other way would be if we brought along his mom to watch him so we could have "adult time." And she has no money so we'd have to pay for her room...and I'm not sure I could deal with her for a week or not.:scared1: (Let's just say she's best in small doses for me...)

Maybe I should just go alone. Now THAT would be a vacation!:lmao: :thumbsup2 (Hey I can dream..)

OK I vote Kim is in charge of our Pirate nite outfites for next year.:banana: :banana: :banana:

Everyone in?:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

That is ok with you Kim? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Melanie -
We were thinking of you yesterday as I know you work in Omaha. What a tragedy. People are truly nuts.

Glad you are okay.

Melanie -
We were thinking of you yesterday as I know you work in Omaha. What a tragedy. People are truly nuts.

Glad you are okay.

Thanks Jeff. It hit a little close to home. That mall is very close to here. Chris called us right after the news started and told us to lock the doors because at that point we didn't know what was going on.

I almost went there a couple of days ago on my lunch hour, but changed my mind. I was in that Von Maur shopping for swimwear about a week before the cruise. I spoke with several people working there and was up on the 3rd floor which is where the children's clothing is (and where most of the shooting occurred). That is where I bought the teal Crocs that Jackson wore on the cruise.

So then of course I was remembering the people who were working there that day and hoping one of them isn't one of the victims. I spoke with several people because I was on a mission trying to find swimwear.

It was all that was on the tv here all night long.

Judy, the name of the artist is Emile Bellet. I hope she finds something she likes. We haven't gotten our pictures yet.

Thanks Jeff. It hit a little close to home. That mall is very close to here. Chris called us right after the news started and told us to lock the doors because at that point we didn't know what was going on.

I almost went there a couple of days ago on my lunch hour, but changed my mind. I was in that Von Maur shopping for swimwear about a week before the cruise. I spoke with several people working there and was up on the 3rd floor which is where the children's clothing is (and where most of the shooting occurred). That is where I bought the teal Crocs that Jackson wore on the cruise.

So then of course I was remembering the people who were working there that day and hoping one of them isn't one of the victims. I spoke with several people because I was on a mission trying to find swimwear.

It was all that was on the tv here all night long.

OMG...that is way to close...all of those people are in my prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter