11-29-08 Nanaheads 3:Tiara Bob & The Dreamboats reunion Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dixielady908

Grandma's Little Princess
I just thought that I would start this thread. I know it's a ways off, but DH and myself along with a few other family members are booked (will be when the dates come out) for the 11-29-08 western Cruise.

So who's with us? :confused: I'm hoping that some of the Wild Turkeys and Dancin banana heads 11-06 may join us so we can have a re-union of the singing sensation from that cruise.:rolleyes1

Hoping to see some post's here.

Denise:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

We're so there! We signed up for the western but we're changing to this one TOTALLY due to the presence of our beloved banana eating wild turkeys!

Howdy,
well it's a ?? for us. We wont know until around the time of the 11/24/07 cruise. But we will think about it!!!
Would love to go!!! Will check in here often at least until we know for sure.

Kathy

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

So funny to see this thread started today! DH and I are counting down for our first DCL trip 2-3-07!! 34 days!

We are already convinced we will rebook and thought we'd try a Turkey Day cruise next....2008! I was hoping the dates would open by our trip but it seems doubtful! So we'll book a dummy then hopefully jump on with you all! Now, I'm sad to say I'm not a nana head yet....but I'd love to join the club!!

LMAO! :rotfl2: Denise, this is so funny to be starting this already! Actually, Cheri and I were talking about this one and thinking that maybe we'd like to do a western instead (the week after?) and hoping that other Banana Heads might be so inclined. Anyhoo, I'm going to write to Castaway Club and ask them if they know for sure that this will be an Eastern, and beg, on behalf of the Nana Heads, to make it a Western :rotfl2: . WIll let you know what I find out.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hey I'm game for anything.....I dont care which direction I'm goin as long as I'm goin....now all we need to do is get the rest of the singing nanas on board...... Actally I was on some disney site and this was the eastern....they said..unless changes come up before hand....Western would be good. Although I kinda like the more sea days....:confused3 either way as long as i'm cruisin....

tjeagle: Gosh how exciting...only 34 more days.....have a great cruise....
Please, join us the more the marrier....

Denise:banana: :banana:

Hey Denise:

Only one problem here. The dates you have are the Thanksgiving week cruise, not the one after Thanksgiving. The dates for our "normal" cruise would be starting 11/29/08.;)

Hey the 22nd or the 29th not big deal to me.....it all depends on the direction you want to go eastern in the 22nd and western is the 29.....we can always change the date on the thread.....

denise:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I vote Western if the date works out too!!Our last 3 7 day cruises have been Eastern. Better chance of convencing DH to go if it's a Western.

Let me know what you find out, Plus the actual Thanksgiving cruise is usually more expensive than the week after Thanksgiving.

Kathy:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Denise,
Lynn and Andrew and Drew will be on reunion 2 in 08 too. We vote for the Western cruise. Does anybody know when the rest of the 08 dates are coming out??

OK ok, you have convienced me.....we will switch to the 29th western....however, I changed part of the post....how do i change the title? You guys know that I'm computer illerate.....HELP!!!!

DENISE:banana: :banana: :banana:

I am trying to convince Mike to join ya'll. We won't be able to take Austin out of school, but I am all for an adult vacation.

Wendy

Weny.....if you and Mike would be able to come....that would be so great.
I know its hard when you have kids in school. But if you could find a way that would be awesome. Keeping our fingers crossed....

Denise:banana: :banana: :banana:

So is this the week after Thanksgiving again? And it will be a western, we are thinking? If that's the case, we'll pencil it in too!

It was nice to almost join you all! We are shooting for Thanksgiving week!
Enjoy! You seem like a fun group!!
Just let me give you one....:banana:

Jeff this is a Western and the week after Thanksgiving.....so start to pencil....the more nana heads the better....:banana: :banana:

Denise:banana: :banana: :banana:

This is great...all we need now is Trey and Tonya and Doug & Lora and we have our full reunion.......

Jackie: sorry...wish you were going to join us....well if any plans change on either one of our parts who knows.....we may sail together.....

Denise:banana:

Hey gang ... I e-mailed DCL today to inquire if this will be a western or on getting this to be a Western. Yeah, right ... like they're going to change it just for us LOL. But hey, worth a try. Let's see what they say. I'll post their response.

Got an answer already ...

Here's my original e-mail to DCL:
Good afternoon:

I have an odd request/question for you. On the Magic's November 25, 2006
cruise (7-night Eastern), I was part of a group of more than 25 families
-- totaling about 80+ people and ranging in age from 7 months to 55+
years -- that met on the DIS Boards. Though we had never met each other
in person, we came to create a family-like bond and were delighted to
share our vacation together. With our identical green t-shirts, we were
quite the sight to see on our first day aboard!

Fast forward to December 2006. Because we so enjoyed ourselves and the
new friends that we made, many of us rebooked for the same week in
November 2007 on the 7-night Eastern, and yet another group of us are
also planning on returning for that same week in November, 2008.

So here's the question: We all like cruising together. We all love DCL.
We really like going the week after Thanksgiving. But we really don't
want to go on a 7-night Eastern 3 years in a row. So the question begs,
do you know now if the week of 11/29/08 will be Eastern or Western -- Is
the schedule already decided? Can it be changed? We really want a
Western cruise on that date (coinciding with Thanksgiving) at the rates
traditionally offered for the post-Thanksgiving timeframe.

Any advice or direction you can give would be greatly appreciated.​

Their response:
1/2/07

Dear Michele,

I am so happy to hear that you and your group have continually chosen
Disney as your vacation destination. Thank you for being such a loyal
Disney Guest.

Unfortunately, we do not have any information regarding the 2008
inventory beyond April. Our Guests have told us that, to them, cruising
with Disney is also about going to new places. So, in the long-term, we
are looking at a variety of itinerary options for the Disney Magic and
the Disney Wonder. We anticipate announcing the remainder of the year
in early to mid 2007.

Please continue to check our website at www.disneycruise.com for updates
or call our Reservations Department at 800-939-2784 Monday - Friday 8:00
AM - 10:00 PM (EST) or Saturday - Sunday 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM (EST).

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further
assistance in planning your visit, please feel free to contact us.

We look forward to sailing with you! Have a Magical Day!

Angela
Reservations Department
Disney Cruise Vacations​

So I guess we just keep our eyes and ears open until later this year and figure it out from there!

that this be some kind of different itinerary - either Mexican Riviera or different islands in the Caribbean (ie St. Lucia, Antigua...)? Now THAT I would book today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter