12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
87Heel said:
For Brack, April and other interested fans:
Looks like Butch Davis will be the new football coach for the Tar Heels. Online sites and at least one newspaper are reporting that the contract is signed; they just haven't made the official announcement.

Can't I be an honorary Tarheel....even if just for the cruise...I went to UNC-Wilmington! I fell in love with the beach and couldn't move up to CH.

BTW Kristina, SW had a Ding fare from Philly. About $15 cheaper than normal. :rolleyes:

pyramid2000 said:
Karen's pulling a Brandi! :rolleyes1

(but they are so hilarious!)

Smileys via jokes...anything to boost our lagging post count. We've all been so busy lately. Me cleaning out my joke in box helped the post count....double duty!!!!

BuzzBoyMom said:
okay - is there anyone out there actually reading these or did I scare you guys away?

Karen everyone is too busy laughing to respond.:rotfl:

pyramid2000 said:
I found out what the preschool drama was. There is a mom who is a bit, shall we say, overprotective. I am sure there is reason so I don't want to judge. The kids were taking a field trip to Acme today and the mom (yesterday) was saying her DD is scared of stores. OK? :confused3 One of the teachers was telling her about what they would be doing, kinda trying to show her it is fun. (the mom also says DD has issues at school, but the teachers don't see it) One of the things she mentioned was that they explain where things come from. Ya know, milk from a cow, eggs from a chiicken, potatoes from the ground. She then started to tell her about the kids usual favorite part: going in with the butcher where they would learn that the chicken nuggets they eat comes from a chicken and not McDonalds and such. Well this mom was horrified and said "But they are just babies!!" OK? I guess she continued with this until the teacher finally said "No, they are not babies!" I heard the mom talking about it a bit after school yesterday and it sounds like she may not be coming back.

FYI the kids had a great time today at Acme today and they loved the butcher. The little girl wasn't there.

Okay - uhhhh - yes, she is a tad bit overprotective! :crazy:

Well - I'll admit that one of the reasons I've been so busy is that this is our family Birthday month.

DH was on Monday.
DS is next Wed.
Mine...well it is coming up too.

DS will be having a few :crazy: boys over for a sleepover next week.

Can you guys believe I've never done a sleepover for my kids (other than family and the children of drunk friends who decided to spend the night)

Any suggestions?

lbgraves said:
I was thinking along the lines of....

If you don't keep your "mess" off of my table.....

you aren't going cruising with Mickey! :thumbsup2

Ok so that gets you four weeks....after that?

87Heel said:
For Brack, April and other interested fans:
Looks like Butch Davis will be the new football coach for the Tar Heels. Online sites and at least one newspaper are reporting that the contract is signed; they just haven't made the official announcement.

That's great, Marielle! Now they just need to get a football team. :rolleyes1 ;) I'm sorry! I just couldn't resist!!!!

pyramid2000 said:
I found out what the preschool drama was. There is a mom who is a bit, shall we say, overprotective. I am sure there is reason so I don't want to judge. The kids were taking a field trip to Acme today and the mom (yesterday) was saying her DD is scared of stores. OK? :confused3 One of the teachers was telling her about what they would be doing, kinda trying to show her it is fun. (the mom also says DD has issues at school, but the teachers don't see it) One of the things she mentioned was that they explain where things come from. Ya know, milk from a cow, eggs from a chiicken, potatoes from the ground. She then started to tell her about the kids usual favorite part: going in with the butcher where they would learn that the chicken nuggets they eat comes from a chicken and not McDonalds and such. Well this mom was horrified and said "But they are just babies!!" OK? I guess she continued with this until the teacher finally said "No, they are not babies!" I heard the mom talking about it a bit after school yesterday and it sounds like she may not be coming back.

FYI the kids had a great time today at Acme today and they loved the butcher. The little girl wasn't there.

OY BOY!!!! That one is a doozie! :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

pyramid2000 said:
The girls also have started making plans with their friends for the weekend. At least with the PC party it will motivate me to get things cleaned up, such as the diningroom table... :rolleyes1

Have I started a trend????? :Pinkbounc :rotfl2:

pyramid2000 said:
I'm not talking about the summer jobs. They actually pay less. Most who come here try for the Wawa and supermarket jobs first.

i know my aunt had told me that even their McDonalds pays $7-8 and that was maybe 5 years ago... (My aunt used to live in Surf City.) She lives in Manahawkin now...(on the mainland)

pyramid2000 said:
BTW Kristina, SW had a Ding fare from Philly. About $15 cheaper than normal. :rolleyes:

Ahhh i forgot to tell you bad Disr...bad Disr...

I saw those fares this morning and saw that they were more expensive than what they were last week...(ie didn't get cheaper...)

I'm sorry i forgot to tell you...

Did you get tickets?

BuzzBoyMom said:
Smileys via jokes...anything to boost our lagging post count. We've all been so busy lately. Me cleaning out my joke in box helped the post count....double duty!!!!

Oh I wasn't referring to the posts themselves, just you "last one" comment before you posted about 5 more! :lmao:

BuzzBoyMom said:
Well - I'll admit that one of the reasons I've been so busy is that this is our family Birthday month.

DH was on Monday.
DS is next Wed.
Mine...well it is coming up too.

DS will be having a few :crazy: boys over for a sleepover next week.

Can you guys believe I've never done a sleepover for my kids (other than family and the children of drunk friends who decided to spend the night)

Any suggestions?

I've done it with the girls, but with boys??? :confused3

lbgraves said:
Have I started a trend????? :Pinkbounc :rotfl2:

Honestly Lisa, I have been trying unsuccessfully for months! Without a desk, I keep mail and such there. It has gotten better since I have passed on the GS stuff. My biggest problem is finding a place for things.

goofyforlife said:
Ahhh i forgot to tell you bad Disr...bad Disr...

I saw those fares this morning and saw that they were more expensive than what they were last week...(ie didn't get cheaper...)

I'm sorry i forgot to tell you...

Did you get tickets?

No, they weren't cheap enough to grab and I am still unsure of if Dina will be coming with me or flying with DH. If they were cheaper I would have made a decision right then.

And I got DING! to work so you are anything but a bad DISer! :goodvibes

tynkerbell said:
Wanted to share my happy news... :goodvibes

Today I weighed in at my weight loss goal weight!!! :woohoo: That's 97 pounds lost since last september! Of course I plan to try to lose a few more pounds before the cruise so that I can indulge a little on the desserts and not have to feel guilty gaining a few pounds. ;)

CONGRATULATIONS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter