12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofyFD

DIS Veteran
This thread has been the home of the 12/9/06 December Double Dip DIS Geeks United Cruisers for a long time. As they say, home is where the heart is...we don't have the heart to move on to another thread. Many of us rebooked onboard for the 12/8/07 Eastern Magic and are looking forward to our Geek Reunion cruise. The name can and should be changed but there is time for that to settle in. :thumbsup2 PARTY ON!!! We started after the 12/9/06 cruise on page 4450.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=687147&page=4450&pp=15

I think this is the first thread. Will you join us on our Castaway Cay Special Western "Double Dip" Castaway Cay!! We will have lots of Fun Fun Fun!!!!:chat:
We have lots of time to get to know one another.:wave2: :boat: Castaway Cay x 2!!:thewave:

DOCS HAVE STARTED TO ARRIVE

30 DISers HAVE RECEIVED THEIR DOCS AS OF 12/2/06.......and counting

11/21 Lisa
11/22 Caroline, John & Amy, PJ
11/24 Carla, Yvonne
11/27 Ellen, Mike (DhChrisva), Charlotte, Jill
11/28 Vanessa, Brack, Todd, Kevin, Kristina & Andy, Mickey, Mark
11/29 Becka, Marielle, Missy, Angie & Dennis, Kim, Susie
11/30 Dody, Jodie
12/1 Karen, Elaine
12/2 Diana, Tana
12/4 Patsy

OFFICIAL DIS DEC DD GROUP WEBSITE

New infomation is no longer being added to the group website because we are so close to leaving on the cruise!!! :cool1:

OFFICIAL DIS DEC DD GROUP SHIRT

75 people have gotten their shirt...and counting

We are using the lime green one and will iron on our group's info on the back (possibly DIS names on the sleeve). This will be worn Saturday to make it easy to spot each other in the terminal, on the ship, and at the deck party.

Currently available at disneydirect.com for 5.99.
Kid's shirts: http://disneyshopping.go.com/DSSect...841&Product_Id=194690&CLK=DS_11776_PRVRV1_IMG

Adult shirts: http://disneyshopping.go.com/DSSectionPage.process?Merchant_Id=2&Section_Id=13842&Product_Id=194663

DIS DINING GROUP LINK DINING SIGN UP CLOSED

Currently 203 people on dining list

EARLY DINING 6:00 PM LAP
LATE DINING 8:00 PM APL

Reservation requests have been closed to link with the DIS dining group.

Lisa (lbgraves)

DIS GROUP MARGARITAS AROUND THE ISLAND JEEP TOUR IN COZUMEL TOUR SIGN UP CLOSED

Please pm lbgraves to have your name added to the list on the website.

This tour is being coordinated by Todd AKA DisneyVegas1 AKA Jack Sparrow. Please submit your name by 8/10/06 so that arrangements can be made to reserve enough jeeps for everyone.

Here is our plan ---When we get to Coz we are getting off the ship as early as we can (hopefully we will be docking by then ....Rent a Jeep and heading out ....Probably will be back in town around 1 - 1:30 - grab a late lunch at Casa Denis and head back to the ship by around 4 ish. we wont be doing any off road stuff unless the road is still washed out to Playa del Corona which it really isnt off road but a dirt road to get there which is only about 100 yds...

We will stop at three different Bar's /Beaches and probably stop at a lonely beach or two ...Our main stop will be at Coconuts ...it sits on top of a cliff overlooking the ocean ..it is very beautiful, this is a fun place and if you dare you can either look at the family albums or join the family albums
...Hence the name Coconuts ...(just so you know , if you join it would never be in front of strangers or kids ..LOL ) There is no electricity there so everything is cooked on a grill and its great ...

DIS GROUP RUINS TOUR IN COSTA MAYA TOUR SIGN UP CLOSED

Current group count: 89

I have been in touch with David Villagomez from The Native Choice regarding arranging a group tour of the Chacobben Ruins for us. Their website is www.thenativechoice.com.

Here is what we have discussed:

Description of tour by David:
Some areas in different sites have been forbidden direct access by the Federal Government due to vandalism. The kids are allowed to climb the big foundations and almost all of the ruins. The archeologists are afraid that the ceilings of some unopened tombs may collapse, so some cannot be climbed on.

Kid will enjoy the tour. They will find small fruits like coconuts from a palm tree. We are not allowed to open them. The place has a nice jungle, termites nests, vines, trees, palms, bromeliads, and orchids. He will give some of the plants and leaves to the kids personally with an interactive tour as long as the parents agree.

Cost:
Adults and kids 12+: $50.00
Kids 11 & under: $47.00

We will be picked up at the pier at 8:30 am to avoid having to get a taxi to the city where the tour normally starts.

Please let me know if you are interested in booking this tour with the DIS group by Sunday. I need to get a count to David so that he can reserve the space for us & arrange for transportation...probably a bus for us.

Please see http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=13649827&postcount=7167 for more details regarding the tour.

Lisa (lbgraves)

Booked it while we were on the ship this week!!!!!!!

We booked this while on the 12/9 Wonder last week! Since we had bad weather at CC, I'm looking forward to the double dip! Now if I can only be patient for 2 years!!

Count us in! We rebooked onboard two weeks ago. Can't wait for 2 CC's and Costa Maya.

Yippee! :cheer2:

We just booked onboard last week..... :cool1:

Wasn't too hard convincing my husband to go again after the seeing all the decorations and such around the holidays.....

We also booked while on the 10 day this last week. :Pinkbounc We are - myself and DH Dennis, aka DrHug. I will invite him to join us here. :cloud9: We also booked a 4 day for Dec 2005.

Am I booking, not booking. Cruising, not cruising. :confused:

I was looking at this cruise on Thursday, December 30, 2004 and it was almost $400.00 :faint: cheaper then it was on New Years Day 2005. That was why I had deleted/edit my last post saying I was going. It scared me how fast the price had gone up:scared:. Lots of people booked on the ship this week!

But today January 2nd, 2005, I decide who needs a window I am going on this cruise!:boat: I have a mid ship room and a bed that will rock side to side instead of head to toe, so I can do without the window! Had the head to toe rock last time, I was so sick!

We get to see Castaway twice, dressed up for Christmas and the Ship all pretty too! I can't wait. Costa Maya looks like it is a very relaxing stop.

I am at this point going solo so I am looking to join up for meals, please Disney don't put me at a table with 4 people again, I want to be at a big table, lots of people and kids! ::yes:: I love eating with kids they always have great adventures from their day to tell!:chat: I have chosen early seating so bring on the kids! I have been told that I am the best aunt in the world!

This will be my thrid cruise and I know tips from DCL, I am in the passporter book! :mickeybar (just a couple of lines, but hey I'm published, lol)

Looking foward to this cruise very much, have a couple of WDW trips before it so that will keep me going till then!:goodvibes

pjpoohbear:

window-schmindow

Welcome aboard!

PJPoohBear, welcome. We are dining late so won't be able to hook up with you. But, I know that dining reservations can be linked as we just did that with LOTS of folks on the 10 Day Christmas cruise. We will just need to get this thread moving, get folks signed up, then we can link reservations. :Pinkbounc :flower:

I’m glad to see I’m not the only early planner here. We have lots of time to get to know each other. I have two DD they are 7 and 4. This will be our third Disney Cruise. Talk with you guys soon.

:D Mark

OK my deposit is in...... :boat:

It will be me, DH, and our DD (who will be 13 at sailing if we let her live that long.) We're staying in one of those larger sideways cat 11's on deck 6.

ONLY 23 more months to go..... :cool1:

This will be our second Disney cruise and we can't wait. Our girls are 4,6 and 7 now. Last time we stayed in a 4 but rarely used the verandah. This time we're getting 2 connecting 9's and it's costing less $ than we paid for the one room last time. Planning this far ahead makes the waiting unbearable but you definitely get better value!! :cool1:

Will probably just be DH and myself. I am trying to talk a nephew and his wife into going with us. Our kids are grown and the grandkids are not going this trip. We have cruised 6 times with Disney, we have 2 more booked including this one and are waitlisted for the DVC members only cruise. Guess you could say we are addicted. :D

Hi all!

Didn't they used to show a screen with your res# after you paid, never saw it this time. Have called the last three days to get it and could not get through on the Castaway line. The regular line is just so much less congested!

So, they found my number, after trying my name three different ways! And thanks to GoofyforLife, I was reminded what a great option the deck 6 cat 11 sideway staterooms are! So moved from deck 7 mid ship to Deck 6, 6515! Down from the elevator, but not to far! And right across from our very first stateroom way back in 2002. But the sofa is a head to toe rocker, so I get the bed. The bed isn't a head to toe rocker right? Does anyone have photos of those rooms?

Penny

23 months, how will we last?

Penny,

We had that room on our second cruise. You enter the room in the middle.

The bath is to your left. The couch is in front of you. The bed is to your right and the head of the bed is towards the middle of the boat.

The nightstand is to the right of the doorway in front of the bed.

We will be neighbors sorta..... we are in 6019.

Hi future shipmates!
I haven't properly introduced myself:
My family, ages are now
myself (38)
dh (42)
ds (9)
ds (6)
We will be traveling with my sister's family:
sister (36)
dh (42)
ds (8)
dd (6 - tomorrow!)

We have connecting category 9's on deck 2. This will be the fourth Disney cruise for us and the fifth for my sister's family (they are going on the DVC cruise in sept. 05). We've cruised in category 11 and 10 and are excited about our porthole in the category 9.

Can't wait!!

Oh yea! Introductions!

Penny, aka PJ
32 at time of sailing
3rd Disney Cruise
Member of DVC @ SSR
Will have 9 trips to WDW under belt by that sailaway!

Potential sail mate(s), one of them had better book soon or the price will skyrocket!
Tony (good friend)
32 at Cruise time
2 WDW trips
1 DLR trip, w/o me :(, now he isn't going without me, I have no idea why, lol.
1st cruise

or

Theresa (Mom)
58 at cruise time
8 WDW trips
would be 3rd cruise
DVC@SSR owner

I should give a few details about my family, too:

(current ages)
Me: 36
DH: 37
DS: 8

We've been on 4 Wonders and 1 Magic (Western). Can't wait to do an Eastern! Actually, I can't wait to go anywhere!
:thewave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter