12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patsy, we are safely tucked into the hotel downtown. We will get a rental car tomorrow morning and head out to Stone Mountain. We look forward to seeing you. Thanks for keeping the rain away. We can use a break from it. I spoke with DGS tonight and he said it is raining still today at home.

Hi all. It still raining here. We are getting ready to go on our trip. I hope its not raining there. Have a wonderful week!!! :wave:

Isn't it amazing - we don't get rain for so long and today is the day they are cutting a hole into our basement so we can create a walk out basement door.....and it is raining. Can everyone send some pixie dust that the rain holds off for a few more hours?!!!! DH scheduled off today and I'm sure everyone knows what it is like to have to reschedule something. Ugh!! Ok - think positive!

For all you moms/PTO parents - this week is that Tastes from around the World Teacher Appreciation Luncheon. I'll be glad when that one is over. I have to be at the school at 6AM to start cooking the Irish Breakfast! Last night I was testing a curry couscous recipe on my family. Isn't life grand! I finished making "School Passports" for each teacher and staff member....all 65 of them!! So - another week...another event!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

We had some bad winds earlier but not much rain. You can still see the pollen on the car. :( It's been a weird day...wish that we were on the ship!

Well, it's like this. It appears that our family won't being going on this cruise with all of you. I have a very, very, very good reason though....................
we will have a cruiser that doesn't meet the minimum age requirement. We found out last week that I'm pregnant and due in November sometime. Not really what we were planning but not really what we weren't planning or we would of been more careful. ;) At least it explains why I have been sooo tired lately.

I'm VERY sad :sad: that we won't get to cruise with all of you, it has been great fun talking with and "meeting" you over the last few months. We do have a the December 2007 cruise coming up (good thing we went for the Cat 3 suite) and might try to sneak one in after the baby is old enough, maybe April. I hope you don't mind if I lurk around, I haven't even been reading the thread since I found out because it made me sad to think about not being with you guys.

Awwww!!! Stacie, while we are sorry that you wont be joining us....

CONGRATULATIONS ! ! !

:woohoo: :cheer2: :woohoo: :cheer2: :woohoo:

Well Stacie-that is a bummer that you can't cruise, but we'll let you off the hook since you do have a very, very good reason! Congratulations...babies are just awesome!!!! :grouphug:

Lisa W.

Stacie,
The great news is the baby can cruise free for a little while! :cool1:
On a more selfish note. Why Oh why are you reducing the number of 11 year old girls on the cruise? OK I'm only kidding. Babies are great :love: and there will be other cruises for your family and other great people to cruise with.

Sounds like you need some rest and mabye a fried pickle. Ask Angie and Dennis what that is, I've never had one.

I just spent the afternoon with Angie and Dennis at Stone Mountain. They are just as fantastic as advertised. We went to the top of the Mountain and almost got blown off. Then we visited the plantation. They are still there now waiting for the laser show and having a good time.

Don't let them fool you with that "we are old" stuff. They are full of energy. I am ready for a nap. :cloud9:

Aww a Disney baby! Congrats and you will be missed on the ship, but you have a very good reason. I want to see pictures before we sail!!!!!!!

Penny

Thanks all, we're excited and terrified at the same time. It's been awhile since we've had little ones. I guess retirement is out of the question for a few more years too.

MommyMinnie said:
On a more selfish note. Why Oh why are you reducing the number of 11 year old girls on the cruise? OK I'm only kidding.

I think that is what my DD is thinking too. She'll still go if you want to take her. Then again two 11yo girls in one cabin, constant chattering and giggling, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. They were most upset that we're not cruising in December. We haven't told them that we have the Dec 2007 cruise booked because we thought it would be too hard for them to wait.

:sad: Who I am going to get Girl Scout tips from?!?! But....

:cheer2: Congrats!! :cheer2:

I do hope to cruise with you some day! :sail:

Please stay around and chat! :hyper2:

I had to cancel our RCCL Bermuda cruise with DH. The addition is costing a bit more than we had anticipated. Has anyone seen the price of wood lately?!?! :scared1: :faint: It was better than having to cancel this cruise though! :grouphug: I will be one of the suckers trying to book a Med Cruise tomarrow! I hate to fly but really want to visit with DH's family in Egypt again. I think making one flight over and getting to be on the Magic for 2 weeks coming home will be enough to get me on an 11-12 hour flight! :woohoo: I will be trying for a Cat 4. A 6 and 11 would actually be around the same, maybe more (I can't remember now) and I would feel better having the kids in the same room for such a long trip. DH might think otherwise :lmao:

MommyMinnie said:
Don't let them fool you with that "we are old" stuff. They are full of energy. I am ready for a nap. :cloud9:

I agree 'cause we went hang gliding at DL (Soarin')

Stacie - - I am so happy for you!!! There is nothing as exciting as a little bitty baby...Disney may be close but oh a baby...

I am grinning from ear to ear...I love thinking about new babies!

CONGRATULATIONS

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

~Jordan how are you feeling? Is it still raining down there?

I saw a old man collecting animals in two's last night. On a wet walk with my dog. :lmao:

Hey, Vanessa! That was your team that won the national title last night....wasn't it? Bet you guys were partying. :)

I just got the call that the truck is at the school with our fundraiser order. What a day this is going to be. I hope to get home by 7 tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter