12/16/06 10-day holiday cruise Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatHuss

DIS Veteran
Speaking of the Roy suite, do we have anyone in one of the larger suites for this cruise? Just curious if we were going to get a chance to see what they looked like. We had one of the aft cat 3's in June but I've never had a chance to see in the cat 2 or 1 suites.

i met someone who stayed in the walt suite. She let me come and hang out there. My goodness, it's like an entire house in there. Holy smokes lol. It was pretty though. Big big deck. They even get a dvd and vcr player with FREE movie rentals.

justmestace said:
:eek: On a DISNEY cruise???? LOL

I think I caused a commercial or maybe a news bit, to be re-shot...on our DCL Mexican Riviera cruise. We had watched them filming while onboard. One scene showed a young woman walking past the gift shops on her way to the theater.
Anyway, I had just gotten out of the shower and heard my son and hubby hollering about a helicopter that was just outside our balcony. (We were in the Roy). So I ran to the door and opened it up...just in time to see a guy in the helicopter with a camera aimed our way. About that time I realized that I hadn't grabbed a robe:earseek: !!!!
Well, heck, there's not USUALLY anyone out there!

I'm guessing they had to do a re-take. :rotfl:

WOW! Got Stacey to admit flashing the camera crew! This thread is starting to get interesting! :teeth: :rotfl2:

W

WMILLER86 said:
WOW! Got Stacey to admit flashing the camera crew! This thread is starting to get interesting! :teeth: :rotfl2:

W

Don't expect an instant replay. And besides, I probably cracked his lens, too.

We had a VCR in the cat 3 we had in June, got free movies with that but on a 3 day who the heck has time to stay in the cabin and do that???!!!

And there is no way I would have gone on the deck like Stacey did as we were right below the buffet and anyone up there had a great view down into our area.

I was amazed by how much space we had in the cat 3 as opposed to the cat 11's we were used to so I cannot imagine what the cat 1 and 2s are like. We definitely didn't need that much space for us, but with Mom in her wheelchair we needed the handicap accessible bathrooms and it was nice to have enough space to move her around and to have the dining table in the room to eat breakfast there before getting her dressed, etc. But we won't be doing that again so I doubt we will ever stay in another suite unless someone else is paying for it! Mom doesn't want to cruise again so we won't need it for her.

I am excited. We hit the one year to go mark for this cruise on the same day we go to double digits for our Hawaii trip in March and Friday is that day! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Wheeeeeeeee!!!!

Since the W Family will be down in steerage, I doubt I will get a peek into the suites! That is, unless I have to go deliver something there, or fix something.
You don't think steerage gets away without working for our berths, do ya?

W

We won't be near the suites either. In order to justify the price of the 10 day cruise, we booked a cat 11 stateroom. We had a cat 6 for the 2005 turkey cruise--I'm going to miss the verandah and the storage space. However, we are very happy to be on a 10 day Magic Cruise!! :cool1:

Lisa

We had 8602 for last year's Christmas cruise. We loved that huge balcony for 10 nights! I knew better than to run out there fresh out of the shower.

We've had a Cat 2 twice (thank you, magical upgrades!) the Roy once, and Cat 3 8602.
We have a mid-ship 3 for the May '06 Double Dip (8534) and I honestly don't remember the room number, but a Cat 3 for this one. Not in the aft, and not mid-ship....I DO remember that much!

We have a cat 10 on deck 2 for this one. We were going to have a cat 8 on deck 6 but then got looking at costs and we will have the same size room, just no window and it will cost us about $1300 less!!!!!

We had 8602 on the Wonder in June. Large verandah indeed! No verandah's this trip. Oh well, we aren't in the room that much anyway and if we want the air we can go up top or to deck 4 like we always do.

Hi Stacey! Haven't seen you on for a while. maybe it was because i was missing for a while. lol.

DCLgodess said:
Hi Stacey! Haven't seen you on for a while. maybe it was because i was missing for a while. lol.

No, I haven't been posting much. Work and life in general tend to get in the way. That, and getting ready to cruise next week.......our inexpensive Norwegian cruise out of Houston. Great ports, though. Belize, Roatan, Coz....and we were supposed to go to Cancun, but we aren't thanks to Wilma. Still, it will be a great ALL-SNORKEL trip....no formal nights for us!!

Hey Stacey, DH is going to want to go snorkeling at least once on the 10 day next year. What are your recommendations for the BEST excursions?

It is snowing like crazy here right now. They say another 2-4 inches by tonight. Ugh. I want to be someplace warm with no snow! And tomorrow is the one year mark for our cruise!!!!!!!!

justmestace said:
No, I haven't been posting much. Work and life in general tend to get in the way. That, and getting ready to cruise next week.......our inexpensive Norwegian cruise out of Houston. Great ports, though. Belize, Roatan, Coz....and we were supposed to go to Cancun, but we aren't thanks to Wilma. Still, it will be a great ALL-SNORKEL trip....no formal nights for us!!
Stacey, have fun on the Norwegian cruise! I was in Houston a couple of weeks ago and met some folks that had just returned frrom that cruise. They were from Kansas City and said they loved it. They said that the day before arriving back in Houston, the cruise lines was offering them to stay onboard for a back to back for only $79 per person. They were tempted, but had to return to work, and already had flights, etc.

Is this the one that has all informal dining? Since I am just 70 miles East of Houston, I will look forward to your report on this cruise!

Willie

justmestace said:
Getting ready to cruise next week.......our inexpensive Norwegian cruise out of Houston. Great ports, though. Belize, Roatan, Coz....and we were supposed to go to Cancun, but we aren't thanks to Wilma. Still, it will be a great ALL-SNORKEL trip....no formal nights for us!!

Lucky you...I wanted to do that itinerary but Norwegian wouldn't allow dogs on board...Service dog or not...

We're now booked on a transatlantic for my b-day next year...#...ummm#60...

Does everybody know what the date is today????????????

Only one more year and we will be all waking up with GREAT BIG SMILES ON OUR FACES :teeth:

Stacey, you and your family have a great cruise and a Merry Christmas. I love the "dress down" thing...less to pack. Except, in your case, don't take that "dress down" thing too far...you exhibitionist you!!! :rotfl:

Ron..Congrats (belated) on your 3000 milestone. Geesh...more pirates pirate: . Between you and gaRry, I'll probably never see another T.O.P. again :teeth:

Well, if the cruise was today, I'd be in alot of trouble. Kat, believe me, the snow is better than what we have in store for us today. Snow, changing over to sleet, changing over to rain (no rain in ski country though :banana: :cool1: :banana: ). Gotta love New England. Definately have to fly out the night before.

Hey, a total accidental T.O.P. Everyone must still be sleeping

Yep!!!!!! One year from today the real fun begins!!!! :flower: ::MickeyMo :flower:

Today I feel awful. I am seriously thinking about not going to work and for me to not go to work on the day of the Christmas carry-in and party I have to be pretty sick! This darn cold has gotten into my chest, though, I think. I took Nyquil and still couldn't sleep last night! :sick:

Hope you feel better, Kat. Take more Nyquil and go back to bed.

Better living through medication...that's what I always say :rolleyes:

Good Morning - Hope you feel better soon Kat. We will be waking up in a cabin at the Ft Wilderness Resort this time next year.

Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter