12/19 Wonder Anyone coming???

WOW!! It is a small world after all! :D I grew up, and parents still live in, Bay Village. National City was our bank of choice! Steve's parents lived in North Ridgeville until they moved back to WV to retire. I can be in Marietta in about 90 mins.

I am all for a DIS meet! Just name the time and place! We plan to do the mad Ressie Rush, grab some lunch and then hit the pool. Of course, the boys will probably be so excited that eating will have to wait and swimming will be first, so who knows. Have you found any time or place to be better then another?

I would like to hear what others think about a DIS meet. On our September cruise, we met in the Promanade Lounge at 3:00 (right before the safety drill). The time was good, but the kids were very bored there, and we left early because of that. Only one other kid came to the meet and my girls didn't want to hang out with grown ups.

So I am not sure what a good idea for this would be (and I am not much of an organizer).

My Michelle and D's Nat have decided to meet at the Goofy Pool around 1:00 (my girls will probably be the first ones in because we skip the lunch and just get pizza and french fries by the pool---I know, it isn't for everyone, but it is our family tradition, and the ONLY time on the whole cruise the girls get the pool to themselves. On the September cruise 1 other girls joined them and they ended up being friend for the whole cruise and they are still writing to each other, we got a GREAT picture of them in the hot tub by the pool with Goofy sitting right behind them!:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/194959943/194987463pGxLNU

See how uncrowded it is? That will ONLY happen on the first day right when you get on the ship. After about 1:00-3:00 the pool fills up!

So we figure we can always get food, but we can't always have the pool empty! And we love the pizza and french fries and burgers on the 9th deck, so we don't go hungry.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas of when and where to meet, I would love to hear it!

DJ

That is a GREAT photo! I hope we are so lucky to have pictures like that! I was actually able to pick out Michelle and Chantelle out of the photo and got them right! :D
I was actually thinking the Promanade Lounge myself. Might be quite, the kids could maybe gather and meet? I think there will be a lot more kids this time. Otherwise, I don't know. Isn't there the quite deck 7 aft? Of course, if the weather is icky it won't be good. Or up on deck 10..there are just tables and chairs, right? What about the sports deck? The kids could shoot hoops and we could chat? Just tossing out ideas. I've never been on board, so I am doing this on info I have read.
I have thought about just eating at Pluto's too. Instead of PC or Topsiders. I think we'll just play it by ear...Mickey's Ear that is!

Michele

I will say that the Promanade Lounge was great in that it wasn't crowded, there wasn't a lot of noise (so you could talk). The three kids that did come were able to sit off to the side and talk too.

There probably will be more kids this time since in September you had to pull your kids out of school to go, and this one is on Christmas break (at least for us it is).

And the time (3:00) was good because everyone had eaten and gotten their reservations by then and we were just waiting for the safety drill.

So it did work good as a quiet place to meet; and if my kids get bored (like in September) they can just go back to the room and wait for us to come back for the safety drill.

So let's see what everyone else thinks.....

DIS Meet at 3:00 at the Promanade Lounge on Sunday, Dec. 19th, 2004

DJ

Sounds good to me. On the last two cruises we went on, that is where we had it. Of course, I'll go any where everyone else wants to go.:)

Jennifer

3:00 is fine with us for a meet. Does anyone know what time they start taking Palo reservations and registering for the kid's clubs?
Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I am trying to get the guest room cleaned up today so I can move suitcases in and start to get organized.
Dh is mowing the yard hopefully for the last time this year.
I hope we get documents soon.:D

Denise

I am going to start to lay out suitcases after the weekend! I called DCL on our documents today. We are leaving in the 10th and are starting to panic a bit. they said they send them out at 10 to 14 days. She said if we don't see them by the 6th to call back and they would have them sent to the port. I am hoping we get them before that!

Michele

Michele: It looks like you may be the first of us to leave. Hope you get your documents soon. :D

Gee, these boards really look different. I guess we just have to get use to them. I am sure there are some nice changes.

ANYWAY....company just left a few hours ago, and Thanksgiving is OFFICIALLY over for another year! Now I can focus on our trip!

I can't believe it will be December on Wednesday!

I just ordered the Bon Voyage package with sparkling Cider and snacks to have waiting for us in our room!

I never did get our excursion information or gift information for this trip. I just got the info from the website, but I am surprised they never sent it. I hope our documents are not late! Has anyone gotten them yet?

Well I hope everyone had a great holiday! Only 3 more weeks!!! :jumping2:

DJ

Hey Everyone! I was just out on Barb's website and she has Sept. 2004 menus up for a 4 night cruise! These are new on her site from the last time I was there!

SO if you want to plan your dining, you might want to go and look at these. If you don't know how to get to her site, go to:

http://www.dcltribute.com/

Then go the bottoms link on the left side that says:

Platinum Castaway Club

Then pick:

Menus/Food

Then pick:

NEW: Click Here for Main Dining Room Menus (3, 4, and 7 night) (updated 11/03)

Then look at the WONDER Sept. 2004 links to menus.

I am getting SOOO excited for this trip!!!! I wish there were new Navigators to look at too, but it is nice to see the menus!

DJ

I looked at those the other night and didn't realize they were the newest menus! I am getting excited about this trip! I can't beleive I can tell people we are leaving NEXT WEEK!!! YEAH!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc I think I have all the Christmas shopping done...did a lot over the internet...boy that was nice! I have a few things to mail this week, then I will lay out the luggage and start packing!! I have bags of stuff laying around, now I just need to compile it all! We have been waiting for this trip for over a year. I still can't beleive it is here! See ya real soon! :wave: :mickeybar :boat:

I checked with my TA about the travel doc's. She said that DCL will mail them 14days before the cruise. She asked for them early and they did not want to do that. So I expect we will have them next week.
I can see our counters are down to about a few weeks. Now the packing and second guessing starts. Did I remember everything. Stopping the mail and paper. Only a few more weeks and we are on our way.
The menu's look so good, I think I am looking forward to all the food on this trip.

Erik

The first thing I said to my family this morning as they were eating breakfast was: "WE ARE GOING ON THE CRUISE THIS Month!!!!! :cheer2:

NOW I am getting nervous. There is SO much to do!

DJ

Some folks on the 12/16 Wonder have received their docs already so ours can't be far behind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter