13 Year old gir declared brain dead has now officially died

Her"followers" are very uninformed(thinking is in a coma) or they think she is going to rise from the dead.

Don't get me started on Mama Nails.

I just watched the video of her moving her finger. There is no way to really prove that this is her hand. With as much as this family does to bring in the $$$ I can see them faking the video with someone else's hand

Are those extensions in her hair?

Where are the other siblings? Are they in NJ?

Are we back in the 19th century with post mortem pictures?

I know I'm intentionally bumping an old thread, but I haven't heard anything about this poor girl in so long. She popped in my mind today, and I wonder if anyone thinks about her/donates to her fund/thinks she is still alive, etc.

I can't find her FB page anymore. I hope there has been some closure.

I know I'm intentionally bumping an old thread, but I haven't heard anything about this poor girl in so long. She popped in my mind today, and I wonder if anyone thinks about her/donates to her fund/thinks she is still alive, etc.

I can't find her FB page anymore. I hope there has been some closure.

The FB is still around (Keep Jahi Mcmath on life support). Last update was Christmas talking about how it's been 3 years. The family still posts photos but there's no way to know when they were taken.

Every time this thread gets bumped and it's mentioned that she's languishing on life-support some 3 years after the incident, I ask the same question: How is it possible? The original legal findings were that she was already dead...

I remember following along on a registered nurse message board at the time and the opinions were completely uniform that she was dead and already starting to decompose from the inside out (sorry - that's pretty graphically unpleasant).

Every time this thread gets bumped and it's mentioned that she's languishing on life-support some 3 years after the incident, I ask the same question: How is it possible? The original legal findings were that she was already dead...

I remember following along on a registered nurse message board at the time and the opinions were completely uniform that she was dead and already starting to decompose from the inside out (sorry - that's pretty graphically unpleasant).

They took her out of state to a state that allows a family to continue to support and keep a body on life support even if it is considered brain dead. It is sad because even if she is still partially alive she is definitly in a coma. Many claim it is because CA has a max on what a hospital has to pay for pediatric wrongful death but no max on what they pay of a patient's life is drastically altered but they are still alive.

They took her out of state to a state that allows a family to continue to support and keep a body on life support even if it is considered brain dead. It is sad because even if she is still partially alive she is definitly in a coma. Many claim it is because CA has a max on what a hospital has to pay for pediatric wrongful death but no max on what they pay of a patient's life is drastically altered but they are still alive.

That's the rub. I won't bother posting links, but if you Google their case, the last action was almost 2 years ago. They need to prove she is alive so that they can get more money, so they filed a malpractice suit against the hospital. The thing is... if they had evidence of her being definitively alive as the family claims they have, their case would be progressing.

That's the rub. I won't bother posting links, but if you Google their case, the last action was almost 2 years ago. They need to prove she is alive so that they can get more money, so they filed a malpractice suit against the hospital. The thing is... if they had evidence of her being definitively alive as the family claims they have, their case would be progressing.

Yeah. I also wonder how they are affording it. I can't imagine insurance is paying and if it is they must have some pretty high deductibles. I know Terri Schiavo's family organization was helping them at one point. I wonder if they still are?

The worst part of this is everyone loses out especially her siblings. I hope I'm never in that position but I know my closest family know my wishes are to never be on long term life support.

Last edited:

That's the thing, nobody knows for sure what condition her body is in. (And FTR that was news to me, too, had never heard of anything like it. IIR tried to research it a bit to see if it was true, and I did see some mention of it. But I really have no idea, it's not something I have any experience with, perhaps people saw it in long term care settings, idk.)

That's the thing, nobody knows for sure what condition her body is in. (And FTR that was news to me, too, had never heard of anything like it. IIR tried to research it a bit to see if it was true, and I did see some mention of it. But I really have no idea, it's not something I have any experience with, perhaps people saw it in long term care settings, idk.)
Thanks - I value your input and that's kind of more what I was getting at. At one time there was a transcript on-line of medical expert testimony that said her gut was "sluffing", making it impossible for her to absorb nutrition and that her brain had begun to liquefy (no expert myself, but that doesn't sound good :scared: ). My point, I guess, is that if that was true at the time, how on earth could even the most advanced life-support technology have kept her going?

Thanks - I value your input and that's kind of more what I was getting at. At one time there was a transcript on-line of medical expert testimony that said her gut was "sluffing", making it impossible for her to absorb nutrition and that her brain had begun to liquefy (no expert myself, but that doesn't sound good :scared: ). My point, I guess, is that if that was true at the time, how on earth could even the most advanced life-support technology have kept her going?

I'm no expert, but I do know that the brain does liquefy. Half of my brothers brain is dead and it has liquified. You can see it on scans. However he was disabled at birth and the brain death occurred shortly after, so the other half of his brain took over.

Yeah. I also wonder how they are affording it. I can't imagine insurance is paying and if it is they must have some pretty high deductibles. I know Terri Schiavo's family organization was helping them at one point. I wonder if they still are?

The body is in New Jersey. So not only are they using the law that gives the family an exception to a clinical determination of death, but the state is paying for the costs.

I wonder if they/you/whoever meant "sloughing". That would make more sense.

The body is in New Jersey. So not only are they using the law that gives the family an exception to a clinical determination of death, but the state is paying for the costs.
Which state? California? That seems unlikely. She's dead as far as California is concerned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter