18 Wonderful nights at RPR.....Michael Myers too!! (2014 Trip)

Joing to hear more about your trip! Decided after reading your last years report I wanted to go to Universal so I am Jan 2 and 3. Any idea whete i am staying? RPR???from reading your trip report!!

I'm here...late as usual but better late than never. The dis and my smart phone don't get along lately.

I love the beginning of a trip...so much promise of wonderful things to come.

I can't wait to read all about your latest adventure... just like mac said you do the best trip reports.

Hey Vicki :wave2:..........nice to see back on here........and thanks.....glad you're enjoying it......more soon :thumbsup2

Looking forward to reading another terrific trip report!Jake's is our first night tradition also!
:goodvibes

Thanks.........:thumbsup2 We love Jake's........food is always lovely :)

Joing to hear more about your trip! Decided after reading your last years report I wanted to go to Universal so I am Jan 2 and 3. Any idea whete i am staying? RPR???from reading your trip report!!

Aww thank you......that is so nice to read. I'm sure you'll love RPR.......it really is the best place to stay.........hope you enjoy the rest of the trippie :goodvibes

I love your trip reports. You make me feel like I'm back home (at Universal, that is!). Thank you for writing... I'm happily subscribing.

I love your trip reports. You make me feel like I'm back home (at Universal, that is!). Thank you for writing... I'm happily subscribing.

Thank you so much.........I know what you mean by feeling at home there......glad you're enjoying it :thumbsup2

I'm so excited to read another one of your trip reports! :cool1:

That's so nice of you to say...........thanks......hope you like the rest of it :)

Better late than never.....can't wait to read this!:wave2:

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Wondered where you were Mr MH ::yes::.........glad you're here, hope you enjoy it.....:goodvibes

Wed 10th Sept.........

We slept so well last night.....although this was to be a theme of our whole trip this year. We all felt so rested when we woke up every morning. Those pillows are like puffs of marshmallows......I think they are much softer than the ones we have at home, but we all sleep so well on them.

We again, have the 14 day Unlimited park to park tickets, so in order to be able to do the parks at the end of our trip we have a few days just relaxing and chilling out before we start doing the parks. We like doing this as it gives us a few days to just mooch around and have some mall time, although we do fit the Millenia Mall in a few times whilst we`re there. It is by far our favorite mall out of all of them and we spend a fair bit of time in it.

This year, we are not going to go far. We like to go to Clearwater or St Pete`s but we didn`t go last year either for one reason or another. As I said earlier we are not planners........I cannot bear to hear of people who plan their trips to the nth degree........it`s just not necesary for us. Maybe because we have been so often and know what we want to do, but even so I have read people who plan every meal...every hour of the day......not for us. We always have an idea of places we want to eat and we love looking at menus before we go, and we make arrangements to see friends......that`s about the extent of our planning.

So, we awaken full of the joys of the first full day in Orlando.......it`s already 8am......I`m surprised how long we all slept. So I get up first and head for the shower while they take their time and get sorted. Doesn`t take too long before we are ready and heading up to the Club Lounge. We are on the 6th floor which we prefer so an elevator ride away.....or the stairs if we feel healthy :laughing: The lounge is fairly quiet....I think we may have missed the crowd as one of the staff members said it was busier earlier. Breakfast is lovely. Full selection of fruits, meats, doughnuts, mini muffins and croissants, toast, bagels, cereals,yoghurts and of course the delicious cinammon bun served hot. They have boiled eggs too but I avoid looking at them as I hate seeing eggs like that :confused3 Tom and Kyle have cereal and I have toast then some fruit and a tiny, yes a tiny piece of cinammon bun.......couple of coffees later and we`re ready to leave. Although it is so nice in there when its as quiet you could just sit and watch the world pass by.

We go back and get the keys to our car and head out into the beautiful morning sunshine.......it is so hot.....wow.......this must be the hottest September we have had in years........but we walk to the car and set off the few minutes drive to Wal-Mart. Yep, first day tradition where we buy suncream, water and a few other necessities like Oreos and cookies we can`t get at home.....Pepperidge farm lemon and dulce de leche flavors are first in the cart.........we also have a lady that we have known for years works in there and we always go see her every year. She works in the electrical department and is truly a lovely, lovely lady. I head over to see her and she has no customers with her and when she sees me, she screams out in delight......lol......her manager rushes over to see if she`s ok.......he laughs when she explains we`re friends. She says she can`t believe its been a year already as we hug......Tom and Kyle then come over and we catch up......it is so lovely to see her again. But she has customers so we head off telling her we`ll be popping back in soon. So we finish our shopping and head back to hotel to drop everything off before heading to Mall at Millenia. Thank goodness for air conditioning.

I always love driving here.....roads are big, wide and fun! And in a few minutes we are pulling into the Mall. On the way past we notice Crave restaurant has closed. We had only been in once and it was lovely, so won`t be going there this trip. We get parked fairly close and in a few seconds are in the cool building where Kyle`s face lights up like a Christmas tree

i-XDhqGfj-X2.jpg

He loves The Cheesecake factory, well, he loves Linda`s Chocolate Fudge Cake from CF. He decides he`s going to have this for lunch.....well, as a mum I tell him he can`t just have a cake, massive as it is for lunch......he get`s the fudge cake. We decide to go up to the food court and have some honey chicken or bourbon chicken with noodles.......so that`s what we do while Kyle buys his cheesecake/dessert.

i-CKWVgnf-X2.jpg

i-mj47fxf-X2.jpg

So we had, General Tso Chicken, honey chicken and a spicy beef with noodles.......doesn`t look great but it was gorgeous!! Probably the cheapest meal we have the whole time, but we do enjoy eating up in the food court.

i-cfbT5Tk-X2.jpg

i-ZpCgDNX-X2.jpg

That boy does love his chocolate cake!!! We sit for a bit then when our lunch has settled we head off to all our favorite stores. First one is Tiffany as always. It`s my birthday in a few days so I saw something I wanted again this year. I knew exactly where to find it so after being welcomed by a broad shouldered 6ft man.....we wandered through to where the charms and chains were. The staff in here are always so lovely and let you really take your time and browse. But today I told her what I wanted and the length of chain. It was the silver Tiffany wrapped box......I just loved the look of it when I saw it. So that with and 18" chain and we were good to go..........

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...p+456+6&search=0&origin=browse&searchkeyword=

Quickest purchase to date in there ::yes:: We headed to Macy`s and a few others along the way. I had discovered when I was in New York in May that Bath and Body had stopped doing body butters in the round tubs, so was really disappointed as I always stock up for myself and for friends........have to buy the tubes now. But they have also discontinued my two favorite fragrances.....Be Enchanted and Midnight Pomegranite :sad1:.......so I was struggling to pick what I wanted. So I didn`t buy any that day. We continued to wander mooching in to the apple shop (always a favorite) and one of my other favorites Williams and Sonoma.....I could buy that whole shop if I could get the stuff home.....as Tom is always quick to remind me when he sees my eyes light up at some big, heavy unnecessary item :rolleyes1

After a few hours we head out with our purchases and go back to the hotel for a bit. My friend called me when we were back in the room and we chatted.....boy can we chat :thumbsup2 till around 5pm. Tom slept through me chatting and laughing so he must still have been tired. Kyle sat on his tablet. Eventually I came off the phone and we went up to the lounge for a couple of glasses of wine.......it wasn`t busy so again it was nice. We never really eat the food as a meal as we prefer to eat out but it did look nice tonight....salads were fresh and the meal was some kind of meat and noodles. Tom and I had some cheese and few crackers.....just to keep the wine company :rolleyes1

Another member of the club staff from last year came in and he recognised us immediately......it was so lovely to see him again too. Such a nice guy and we could have chatted to him for hours......we had plenty of time to catch up with him over our trip, and we did. We turned down another large glass of wine as we were going to Citywalk for dinner in a while, but first I headed down to room to call our good friend Metro West and arrange to meet him before we meet up at hhn. I managed to get hold of him and we arranged to meet Friday for early dinner at Nascar.....I was glad we had our arrangements made as we love to see Todd when we`re over.

We went down to walk to Citywalk and wandered through the pool area.....it is so pretty and so well themed...

i-9pQdJDT-X2.jpg

i-DdDJ96C-X2.jpg

We take our time and walk the beautiful walkway to Citywalk.......it is still hot but it`s perfect......the water in the river is so greeny blue this year....I think they have enhanced it and it looks so much nicer. We see where the walkway is going to be that is going to give access to people walking from and to Cabana Bay, and we pass few people looking exhausted after a day in the parks. After we pass the bag check we are in Citywalk. I love it here, so many nice food choices and always a really nice atmosphere. I should take more pictures but we have so many of the same ones over the years, but when you look over the water and see the scenery its so lovely.

We plan to eat in Margaritaville but first we wander up to see the new Mexican place.....we don`t really like the menu but it looks nice......and very bright!!!

i-QKZB8sx-X2.jpg

i-nP83gjj-X2.jpg

We wander around and see the new places that have opened up, especially the ice cream place.....disappointed CowFish hasn`t opened but they are still working on it. We head back down to Margaritaville.......it looks busy as always but we get seated immediately. As soon as we sit down they immediately play Jimmy Buffet singing Margaritaville......well......we have to sing along much to our sons mortification..........we love that song!!!

i-4cfDJrf-X2.jpg

We get down to ordering....alongside singing every song that came on....especially the Salt song......even Kyle joined in with that one......I made him :laughing: I like the menu in here.......but they have taken away a few things they used to do......but we won`t starve.

Kyle orders chicken and fries with teriyaki sauce, for some reason i don`t have a picture of his......I had coconut shrimp and Tom had surf and turf which was gorgeous......I took a bite of his steak and came to regret that........but it was gorgeous......all served with strawberry lemonade for me, virgin daiquiri for Kyle and Landshark for Tom......

i-ZJ8dMKs-X2.jpg

i-Lsgf293-X2.jpg

i-rRxTZDS-X2.jpg

We really enjoyed the meal and it is such a fun place to eat.....service was excellent tonight although I did hear someone close to us had an issue which was a shame.

We walked back to hotel, slowly as it was still very hot and we were full.....well.....Tom and I were full.......Kyle said he wanted to go to Jake`s and get that choc dessert again to go........so we went down....boy was it busy tonight......asked the girl if we could order it to go....she said she had never heard of it......so we were confused as he had only eaten to two nights before. Eventually she asked the chef and he came out and said he would make it for him again. It`s not on the menu in Jake`s, but oddly we found it on the menu upstairs in Orchids lounge??? Anyway, eventually it came out and we took it up to Orchids lounge where he demolished the lot. This was where a staff member told us he could order it there. We would know for the next time. We had a cocktail and sat and relaxed for a while, before we all started to feel a bit tired. I was surprised as we had slept such a long time previous night. But around 10pm all of a sudden we were beat. So headed upstairs, and again our heads hit the pillow and we were out.

But.....before that as I was brushing my teeth I felt my relatively new crown a bit loose......my heart sank as it`s been a problem for ever. It came out in New York in May and my dentist fitted a new one in June/July. I had hoped it would fine for our trip but I think i had knocked it with the one piece of steak I had eaten from Tom earlier. I was gutted. But wouldn`t mention anything to them just yet in case it was ok. But really i knew it was only going to get worse.
Would worry about that tomorrow.

Last edited:
Well, drat :headache: . That's terrible about your tooth! I hope it didn't provide too much discomfort over the rest of your trip.

I must say, I have to agree with Kyle's approach to vacation: the more chocolate cake, the better! :thumbsup2 He is giving me lots of ideas of things to try on our May trip :) . Heaven help my waistline :eek: .

Margaritaville looks awesome....I may have to keep that one on the to-do list for May ::yes:: . We have been tossing around Margaritaville versus Bahama Breeze (both of which we have never tried before).....I don't think we'll have time to squeeze in both, so the decision between the two will be tough.

I totally agree with the joys of non-planning. While I enjoy "planning" a vacation (in the fun sense), I hate having to micromanage every moment. Its what has driven us from Disney....too many ride reservations, meal reservations, and pre-determination of which parks to visit and when. I want to be free to be spontaneous :goodvibes . I am so glad Universal still allows that to be possible!

Gina,..... Margaritaville is much better than Bahama Breeze.......just our opinion of course.......much more fun too........

Yep, while we don't "plan" we do spend hours and hours and hours and hours...you get the picture.......:rotfl: talking about how much fun we're going to have and things we'll do and friends we'll meet, that sort of thing. But definetely no micromanaging.....good word........that's not a vacation.........so yep, Universal suits us down to the ground :thumbsup2

What a relaxing first day!

Your husband has a great smile!

I agree on enjoying the lack of planning at Universal. Feels like a vacation :beach:

Oh no on the crown!

Gina,..... Margaritaville is much better than Bahama Breeze.......just our opinion of course.......much more fun too........

I 100% agree with this. Margaritaville is the way to go!

Its official, you have convinced me! :rotfl:

When the experts agree, then who am I to question it further?? :goodvibes

Margaritaville it shall be :thumbsup2 . Which will probably work out very nicely, as I think we should get a discount on our food purchases their with our premier AP's.

Its official, you have convinced me! :rotfl: When the experts agree, then who am I to question it further?? :goodvibes Margaritaville it shall be :thumbsup2 . Which will probably work out very nicely, as I think we should get a discount on our food purchases their with our premier AP's.

1 more vote for margaritaville over bahama breeze!

I always smile when I see the pictures of Kyle and his chocolate cake! I think my son also loves chocolate cake as much as he does. Whenever we vacation he tries the chocolate cake at every restaurant and reviews it!:)

I 100% agree with this. Margaritaville is the way to go!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

What a relaxing first day!

Your husband has a great smile!

I agree on enjoying the lack of planning at Universal. Feels like a vacation :beach:

Oh no on the crown!

Aww thank you......I'll tell him.....you'll make his day :) yep we love planning to not plan :rotfl:

The crown ends up a whole chapter of its own..........

Its official, you have convinced me! :rotfl:

When the experts agree, then who am I to question it further?? :goodvibes

Margaritaville it shall be :thumbsup2 . Which will probably work out very nicely, as I think we should get a discount on our food purchases their with our premier AP's.

Oh good choice, you won't regret it. You have to learn the Lost shaker of Salt song so you can sing along.........it's the law you know.........:rolleyes1

1 more vote for margaritaville over bahama breeze!

Yep, such a fun place to eat :)

I always smile when I see the pictures of Kyle and his chocolate cake! I think my son also loves chocolate cake as much as he does. Whenever we vacation he tries the chocolate cake at every restaurant and reviews it!:)

Thanks.......he does love his chocolate desserts........I like the idea of your son reviewing his chocolate cakes :thumbsup2...........Kyle rates his on The Linda's Scale........with Lindas choc fudge cake being a 10..........my home made one is only a 7 in his rating........but I think I'm not a great baker so that's not too bad.
Hope you enjoy the rest of the trip report :wave2:

Thursday 11th Sept........

We all slept like babies again last night. And apart from getting up for the bathroom.......it was like the domino effect.....one then the other then the other........but we slept well and feel back to normal this morning and not so tired. It`s around 8am........we do think at this point we may get up early one day :rolleyes1 then we think.....well, why??? There`s really no need......so that thought tends to last about 5 seconds and we decide sleep is more important. I couldn`t sleep all day.....but getting to the parks around 9am suits us just fine.

I go in and brush my teeth....yep.....crown is loose.....really loose. I decide today I would nip to Walgreens where I knew they had the same repair kit I bought in New York when it came out then. So we all showered and headed up for breakfast.....which is not fun when you can`t eat anything. I had a coffee and waited while they ate their breakfast. I did try a piece of soft melon, but any movement from my top lip caused it to wiggle and it feels horrible so I just stuck to coffee. We didnt hang around this morning, maybe something to do with me telling them to hurry up....lol

Now before we set off I had to call someone to arrange to meet up. One of the joys of these boards are I have made some lovely friends, some of them I`ve met and some of them I haven`t. And as with everywhere there are some posters you don`t like for whatever reason and some you do. One poster I always liked........is MadHattered. His posts are always funny but sensible and informative and I do tend to read his posts if I see he has commented somewhere.....even if it is on the Disney side of the boards that I don`t read often. So when I saw him post he was going to be at RPR at the same time of us.....well, a few pm`s later and we were planning to meet up.

So I called him and we arranged to meet for lunch today at Nascar. They were doing Studios and as our park tickets hadn`t been activated yet we agreed Citywalk was best. It should have been dinner really, but I had arranged to meet a cousin of mine that night..........she ended up cancelling.....again, 2nd year running........so I was disappointed as I missed seeing something special if we had met for dinner :rolleyes1 I`ll keep that to myself.........so, we were super excited to meet up with Mr and Mrs MadHattered.

We ended up in Wal-Mart for some unknown reason......but I got what I needed, and a few other things......you would never know I hate shopping :)
and we headed back to the hotel to fix my tooth. Got up to room and got the fixing stuff.......its quite a fiddly thing to do but I managed it......but somehow didnt feel as secure as when I did it before, so would have to hope for the best, especially as we were meeting folks for lunch.....didn`t want that sucker popping out while I was eating.......so headed down and got the boat today.....another baking hot day thankfully........

Arrived and walked straight into Nascar where I looked around and saw the man himself.......wearing the jaws tee shirt he had described.....but I would have recognised him anywhere from pictures from long ago........it was so lovely to finally meet him.......super nice guy and mrs mh was lovely too. We sat and ordered our food.........Tom and I had boogity shrimp which is now rather disappointingly an appetiser, Kyle had his usual Teriyaki chicken, Mr MH had wings I think and Mrs MH had a salad.......I didn`t write this down and for some reason didn`t take any food pics. I think we were having such a nice time I just forgot. It`s funny some people you just get on with straight away and feel very relaxed in their company.......well, we felt that way with the Hatters.......we had so much fun, and we laughed a lot....at lots of different things and of course ate the food which was lovely as always. We had a lovely couple of hours, but as always it`s time to go. We were headed to The Florida Mall where we were supposed to be meeting my cousin later and the Hatters are going back into the park. We do get a couple of pics though before we part

i-jSxsxNn-X2.jpg

Such a lovely couple........I hope we get to meet up another time, and hopefully for longer as we could have chatted and laughed all day :goodvibes

We walk back......why I don`t know as it`s blazing hot.......but as we walk into the hotel we meet one of the managers who is heading off on his vacation.......so we chat to him and even he asks why we have walked....lol we wish him a happy vacation and head up to freshen up before going to the Mall. There is a message and I assume it`s from my friend....it`s my cousin`s husband cancelling.......I don`t even listen to the reason, it`s typical of her really. But anyway we head off to the car and I get to drive to the Mall. I don`t like the Florida Mall at all very much, but it does have the M&M shop and one of my friends back home loves them........so we have to go get some. It`s been raining a bit over there so it`s a bit slippy........Tom gets talking to someone....not unusual there...lol.....so Kyle and I walk ahead and as I go to step up on to the sidewalk at the main entrance....I slip on the wet or trip...not quite sure.....Kyle catches me slightly or it would have been worse than the scraped leg I get. The very burly security office comes over immediately to see I`m ok, which I was.......he makes me take his arm to get me to the door which was funny....he was joking he wished he had got it on his phone.......really nice guy. By then Tom had caught up with us and wondered why I was being escorted in the door......lol.......I told him the ground was a bit slippy some water had splashed into my croc so my foot slipped out of the sandal.......and I just. He joked with the guy he couldn`t leave me for two minutes.......

We spent not very long here....it`s too busy so we look at watches as Kyle is maybe getting another to add to his collection, then we head back to the hotel as we are having a pool night tonight.

We drop our stuff off and go up to club lounge for a drink before we go for sushi. I ask them if they have a number for a dentist as this crown ain`t for staying in. They give me a number to call who will arrange an appointment, so we head down to room and I call. She asks me all sorts of questions and says she will call back soon. A few minutes later she calls back with an appointment at 9.20am next morning and it`s in Celebration, so not too far away either. We tell her that`s fine and thank her. By now I`m starving as the only thing I have eaten today was the boogity shrimp........but I knew my tooth wasn`t great so sushi it was.

We love Orchids Lounge.......it`s so nice just to sit and relax with a cocktail or two or having sushi is even nicer.

i-mKvWgBt-X2.jpg

It`s a very friendly place and no-one minds if you just want to sit and be left alone as we saw one man do that night.......would love to know that story.....but anyway, we get seated, it`s fairly quiet as we are early and give our order. Kyle , had a snack at the mall so he isn`t hungry and doesn`t like sushi anyway......so he orders the chocolate dessert from Jake`s which is on the menu in Orchids??? He also had a virgin daiquiri which he says is one of the nicest around......I have 2 cocktails neither of which I can remember the name off hand, but were lovely as always

i-GPZBGLk-X2.jpg

i-bBc3TDk-X2.jpg

i-LJnrg6M-X2.jpg

i-pnqq4nP-X2.jpg

Food is as always, delicious......sushi is so fresh and tastes divine.....it is still a bit awkward to eat so I keep a hand over my mouth.....just in case my crown plummets out.....but it`s fine. Kyle does not eat strawberries or blackberries....normally I would steal them off his plate....but, as they are covered in chocolate sauce Tom gets to eat them tonight. We sit for over an hour or so just talking and going over our day so far, but soon we head up to the room and get changed for the pool.

We find a set of four beds together and in quite a good position to see the movie, which I think was Spiderman ........we saw so many movies there I forget which was which.....but it was good anyway. Had a cocktail and sat while they went straight in to the water. Kyle said it was cold tonight.....well, that was me I said I wasn`t going in if it was cold.......so I sat and eventually I did dip my toes in......nope......that was the coolest I had ever felt that pool....so I sat back down and watched them swim around. I know you get used to the cold water after a bit, but I don`t swim so I would just be wandering around.....cold. And anyone who knows me knows I hate to be cold.

We stayed till they whistled us out.....collected our things and headed upstairs. I rinsed through the costumes and hung them to dry over the bath.........

We had a drink of coffee then I got into bed as I was cold :scratchin. They were watching something on tv, so I set an alarm clock for the early dentist appointment and I was asleep in minutes. They sat up till midnight watching the film....and said I was rambling in my sleep about Barney being purple :confused3 Not sure I believe them actually :rolleyes1

Last edited:
either you are in love with Barney or you just dream in the color purple.
(but i know that isn't true about Barney as Scooby is your main man)

i truly enjoy the way you write your trip reports!

either you are in love with Barney or you just dream in the color purple.
(but i know that isn't true about Barney as Scooby is your main man)

i truly enjoy the way you write your trip reports!

Lol........I do love Scooby........if I want to annoy Kyle I sing a song from Barney from years ago, it was never off our dvd player......when he was very young he decided when he grew up he was either going to be Barney........or a trash man :rotfl: Thank goodness he upped his expectations :thumbsup2

Glad you're enjoying the report :wave2:

I'm sorry about your tooth! I hope they fixed it up for you nice and quick. Not where I want to be on vacation....the Dentist!!!

That cake does look good :thumbsup2

I think it was your last trip report that got me hooked on Universal. Looking forward to reading this one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter