• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

180 days and price increase

I looked at Undercover Tourist, and their tickets are good until January 12 2025. Awesome! They’ll be good for our trip in February 2024! Remember though that kids tickets will be cheaper (like only $50/day for those under 10) with a sale Disney is doing October 24.

Three 5 day 10+ tickets (park hopper and genie) is a $417 savings. ($1698 vs $2115)

Looks like UT doesn’t charge taxes, but I think Disney does, right?
No sales taxes on theme park tickets in CA :cool1:

But the value can always be applied to a newer, higher-priced ticket, right?
I'm not sure how that works - the pricing when you purchase sets a "tier" so that seems reasonable. I called and asked UT a question about the tickets and the gentleman who answered did not sound familiar with Disneyland tickets. FWIW I've bought UT's tickets in the past and found them legitimate.

The 1 Day Base Tickets expired in Dec 2024 - I think the Multiple Day tickets expire in Jan 2025 - that's why I said for people to be sure to read the fine print.

I looked at Undercover Tourist, and their tickets are good until January 12 2025. Awesome! They’ll be good for our trip in February 2024! Remember though that kids tickets will be cheaper (like only $50/day for those under 10) with a sale Disney is doing October 24.

Three 5 day 10+ tickets (park hopper and genie) is a $417 savings. ($1698 vs $2115)

Looks like UT doesn’t charge taxes, but I think Disney does, right?
Thank you all!

It seems like Disneyland 5 day tickets are the same price no matter what dates you pick. I think this is the case for 2, 3 and 4 day tickets as well. That's not the same as Disney World, where the date range matters, and multi-day tickets are priced differently depending when you go.

Disneyland single day tickets have differing daily prices, just like Disney World.

I'm not sure how that works - the pricing when you purchase sets a "tier" so that seems reasonable. I called and asked UT a question about the tickets and the gentleman who answered did not sound familiar with Disneyland tickets.
With Disneyland, multi-day tickets are all the same price no matter what days you use them. And the date ranges are different than WDW. For example, A 5 day Disneyland ticket is valid for 13 days after first use. A 5-day WDW ticket is available for 8 days after first use,

Fresh Baked David, explained it well imo. He said for Magic Keys, Disney wants you to buy either Imagine or Inspire. The other two keys are "unfavorable" or Disney doesn't benefit from the middle tiered passes as much as the other 2. He stated they want Enchant keys to switch to Imagine or Inspire and for Believe to switch to Inspire.
I wish my renewal date happened before the price increase, because I was highly considering going from Imagine to Enchant.... now, not too sure. I'm on the brink of not renewing at all and just plan to go when they have SoCal Days.

I actually think they should have raised Genie+ to $50 - $75/day, it's still too low to where the Standby lines are too long imo.

The Enchant and Believe Key price hikes are staggering. I don't think either of them is worth it anymore, especially considering the blackout calendar for 2024. Seems like it's Inspire or nothing at this point.

But hopefully, since the price hike has already been rolled out, MAYBE this means a Key sale isn't that far away (I.E before 2024).

I've been to Disneyland a few times but I'm super confused hearing people buying tickets for next year when Disney only sells tickets 180 days out...can someone help explain to a sort of Disney-newbie? 😉

I'm committed to renewing in early December already due to trips in January that are already planned 🫠. Including race weekend and the weekend right before since I'm experiencing the Inspire block for the first time this year (my Dream was still active last year during the last two weeks of the year).

I guess it's only $50? They are definitely making it obvious which passes they want people to buy, though. Just wish I could have my Dream back so I could have my traditional NYE trip again. On the plus the hotel is a lot cheaper going right after NYD.

But the value can always be applied to a newer, higher-priced ticket, right?

Correct. The value paid for a ticket, even expired, can be applied to a ticket that costs the same or is a more expensive ticket. But this usually has to be done at the ticket booth.

No sales taxes on theme park tickets in CA :cool1:

I swear so many always forgets this. I always say to others look carefully at every site because many are trying to trick you into thinking their fees are actually taxes.

It seems like Disneyland 5 day tickets are the same price no matter what dates you pick. I think this is the case for 2, 3 and 4 day tickets as well. That's not the same as Disney World, where the date range matters, and multi-day tickets are priced differently depending when you go.

Disneyland single day tickets have differing daily prices, just like Disney World.

Correct. 2-5 day tickets cost the same regardless of time of year. Only 1 day tickets follow the tier system. WDW can keep that craziness for multi day tickets on their side of the States.

I've been to Disneyland a few times but I'm super confused hearing people buying tickets for next year when Disney only sells tickets 180 days out...can someone help explain to a sort of Disney-newbie? 😉

It's 120 days for DLR, not 180 (for day tickets; for Magic Keys the reservation calendar is 90 days out). But that's just the park reservation calendar.

You can buy your tickets at any point honestly. Tickets bought now shouldn't expire until just shy of a couple weeks into January 2025 (especially if bought direct through Disney). If buying direct through Disney, you do have to pick dates, but just pick any dates and then cancel them. Make reservations for your actual dates when they become available. If buying through third party you already have to do the extra step to make reservations so nothing to book to purchase. You just purchase and make reservations later.

The hiccup is for 1 day tickets. We don't know what tier a day will be until they go on sale. But one can sometimes guess or just buy the most expensive tier since a tier 6 will work for a tier 0 day (but considering the huge price difference I wouldn't recommend it).

Fresh Baked David, explained it well imo. He said for Magic Keys, Disney wants you to buy either Imagine or Inspire. The other two keys are "unfavorable" or Disney doesn't benefit from the middle tiered passes as much as the other 2. He stated they want Enchant keys to switch to Imagine or Inspire and for Believe to switch to Inspire.
I wish my renewal date happened before the price increase, because I was highly considering going from Imagine to Enchant.... now, not too sure. I'm on the brink of not renewing at all and just plan to go when they have SoCal Days.

I actually think they should have raised Genie+ to $50 - $75/day, it's still too low to where the Standby lines are too long imo.
I didn't realize how bad Believe key turned into for 2024 saturdays. Was waiting for these to go on sale but may just go to the inspire at this point.

Believe Key is just for Sundays and on a few months some select Saturdays I guess.

Hello! I’m planning a trip for next summer for my daughter and I. I’m confused on which place has the current best prices. We’ve used Ares in the past, but I don’t see that they have genie+ option?
This is a solo mom/daughter trip so perhaps we don’t need genie plus, but it’s also a post 8th grade trip for me to spoil her…solo mom/daughter time is hard to come by when you are one of 9 siblings!

Wish I bought tickets before the price increase!

Becky

Hello! I’m planning a trip for next summer for my daughter and I. I’m confused on which place has the current best prices. We’ve used Ares in the past, but I don’t see that they have genie+ option?
This is a solo mom/daughter trip so perhaps we don’t need genie plus, but it’s also a post 8th grade trip for me to spoil her…solo mom/daughter time is hard to come by when you are one of 9 siblings!

Becky

See if any of the authorized retailers have the tickets for sale at the older prices? Some will until they exhaust their stock, but you need to make sure you add what you want when you buy it, otherwise you have to pay a lot extra to make changes at the booth...

Becky
I would absolutely try to buy old stock with G+ already on the tickets. You will definitely want it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter