• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

180 days and price increase

Hello! I’m planning a trip for next summer for my daughter and I. I’m confused on which place has the current best prices. We’ve used Ares in the past, but I don’t see that they have genie+ option?
This is a solo mom/daughter trip so perhaps we don’t need genie plus, but it’s also a post 8th grade trip for me to spoil her…solo mom/daughter time is hard to come by when you are one of 9 siblings!

Wish I bought tickets before the price increase!

Becky
Undercover Tourist shows they still have old stock at old prices, with G+, available for a limited time.

Ok so in comparing, it looks like ares and undercover tourist are only a small difference but target seems to have the old pricing and comes in at $636 for two 2-day tickets that are 1 park per day with genie plus and same ticket total is $653 at Undercover tourist. No risk to the target ones right?

Becky

I always say to friends that Disney is like the IRS. You can complain about what you have to pay as much as you like. The only thing you can’t do is not pay ;-).

I also say that friends and I may complain about price increases, but there isn’t one of us that won’t pay it ;-).

Just want to say… these price increases would be much easier to stomach if they were accompanied by pay increases for CMs.
That or more coming to Disneyland soon.

We have Splash Redo and that's it for Disneyland Resort attraction wise and it's not even an exclusive redo of a ride

Plus Fantasmic is down for 9+ more months.....no nightitme parades.

It's asking for more money just because no benefits to guests or the the CM who make the parks work

Undercover Tourist shows they still have old stock at old prices, with G+, available for a limited time.
Does anyone know how long these 'old price' tickets remain available? A few days? A week? A month?

I looked at UT vs. Target for a 3-Day Parkhopper with Genie+ ....
$495 at Target ($470 with 5% off)
$467 at UT.
$550 at the Disneyland website.

I'm also still waiting for the $50/day kids tickets that will be available next week.

Does anyone know how long these 'old price' tickets remain available? A few days? A week? A month?

I looked at UT vs. Target for a 3-Day Parkhopper with Genie+ ....
$495 at Target ($470 with 5% off)
$467 at UT.
$550 at the Disneyland website.

I'm also still waiting for the $50/day kids tickets that will be available next week.
I wouldn't count on a month. A couple of weeks maybe at the most. Till they run out.

Only until whatever stock 3rd party sites had been allocated runs out.

Every single 3rd party retailer I looked at had Disneyland tickets at the old prices yesterday, and this morning - they all have the new prices, and are selling the 'new' special kids tickets too.

The ticket prices changed on October 11, and on October 24 everyone 'ran out' of old priced tickets. This is such a 'coincidence' that I don't think retailers have a set number of tickets they buy from Disney ahead of time - it's just Disney allows them to sell tickets for up to 2 weeks after prices change. It seems like a 'perk' all these 3rd party resellers get. So today is the 14th day, they can't sell at the old prices anymore.

For example, UT had all types of tickets 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 in all the variations (1park/PH/Genie) available last night. Not a single 'type' of ticket sold out. Then in the middle of the night, the Disneyland portion of their website was down and they weren't selling any tickets. Then when they came up this morning, everything was newly priced.

It looks like it's just a date thing, not an allotment thing. If it's just an allotment thing then Target shouldn't magically have newly priced tickets today as well. Actually, it seems that the website 'getaway today' gave up what really happened. Their previous price tickets had a sale end date of yesterday.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 8.49.32 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 8.49.32 AM.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Every single 3rd party retailer I looked at had Disneyland tickets at the old prices yesterday, and this morning - they all have the new prices, and are selling the special kids tickets too.

The ticket prices changed on October 11, and on October 24 everyone 'ran out' of old priced tickets. This is such a 'coincidence' that I don't think retailers have a set number of tickets they buy from Disney ahead of time - it's just Disney allows them to sell tickets for up to 2 weeks after prices change. So today is the 14th day, they can't sell at the old prices anymore.

For example, UT had all types of tickets 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 in all the variations (1park/PH/Genie) available last night. Not a single 'type' of ticket sold out. Then in the middle of the night, the Disneyland portion of their website was down and they weren't selling any tickets. Then when they came up this morning, everything was newly priced.

I'll pay attention to this when WDW changes their prices soon. It looks like it's just a date thing, not an allotment thing. If it's just an allotment thing then Target shouldn't magically have newly priced tickets today as well. Actually, it seems that the website 'getaway today' gave up what really happened. Their previous price tickets had a sale end date of yesterday.
Good catch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter