1st DVC Trip-HHI

hhisc16

DHHIR owner, DISDAD
1st DVC Trip and our stay was at HHI.
Rented points from DVC Store for a studio on Saturday night. (Cheap and easy process)
1. Room was very nice. (Live Oak Lodge location)
2. Beach House was awesome.
3. Resort was well kept.
4. Cast Members were the best we have ever experienced on Disney property.
5. Food was great. (Dole Whip, Mickey pretzel, beignets, etc.)
We already have rented a studio for July 4,5,6 from DVC Store!
We are buying a 50 pt resale contract from DVC Store after this trip.

Has anybody else experienced DHHIR lately?

Last edited:
Glad you enjoyed our favorite resort. It's DH's favorite DVC resort (close to it for me). I think I had a Dole Whip over at Signals a few years ago (we spend 2 weeks at DHHIR every year, since 2006)

We also had our first trip to HHI Mar 6-14, eight nights in a two bedroom. First time requesting a handicapped accessible room as well just to get one of the elevator buildings (11) and 12 is attached by a walkway. DH has a bad knee and cannot do a lot of stairs. We are DVC members and this trip was all about using a bunch of banked points. The rooms were really large, reminds us of OKW. The balconies at HHI are huge and we spent some time on them. We also loved the resort and the area. Used the advice of the DISboards for restaurants and had some wonderful meals. Only one bad experience, at Scott's of course, the nearest one to the resort. Loved the Beach House as well. We hope to go back sometime. It was near enough to do some sightseeing in Savannah and Charleston on a couple of days. Very restful instead of the hectic pace at WDW sometimes.

We also had our first trip to HHI Mar 6-14, eight nights in a two bedroom. First time requesting a handicapped accessible room as well just to get one of the elevator buildings (11) and 12 is attached by a walkway. DH has a bad knee and cannot do a lot of stairs. We are DVC members and this trip was all about using a bunch of banked points. The rooms were really large, reminds us of OKW. The balconies at HHI are huge and we spent some time on them. We also loved the resort and the area. Used the advice of the DISboards for restaurants and had some wonderful meals. Only one bad experience, at Scott's of course, the nearest one to the resort. Loved the Beach House as well. We hope to go back sometime. It was near enough to do some sightseeing in Savannah and Charleston on a couple of days. Very restful instead of the hectic pace at WDW sometimes.
Glad to hear yall enjoyed your trip as well!
DHHIR is a relaxing place to be and a place we look forward to traveling again to in the future.

Good to hear that Cast members are still great. Counting down the days until our June stay in Grand Villa!

Good to hear that Cast members are still great. Counting down the days until our June stay in Grand Villa!
Need a way to delete duplicate posts

Our goal is to eventually stay in each type of room at HHI.
We started at studio, next is 1 bedroom then 2 bedroom then grand villa!

We bought into Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort before it was even completed. I can remember standing at the bridge that takes you over to the resort and seeing all the building in the process of being built. We have never regretted buying at DHHIR. We go at least once a year. This year we are going in June (only 46 days till arrival). We love how laid back and family friendly this resort is.

Have a Disney Day!

We will be there for Mother’s Day. It will be our second visit this year. We love the food options on HHI!

We bought into Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort before it was even completed. I can remember standing at the bridge that takes you over to the resort and seeing all the building in the process of being built. We have never regretted buying at DHHIR. We go at least once a year. This year we are going in June (only 46 days till arrival). We love how laid back and family friendly this resort is.

Have a Disney Day!
That is awesome to hear!
Do you have any pictures from the early years of DHHIR that you could share?
I started a thread in the DVC Resorts page about this year being the 25th anniversary of DHHIR and it would be cool if you could share your experiences!

1st DVC Trip and our stay was at HHI.
Rented points from DVC Store for a studio on Saturday night. (Cheap and easy process)
1. Room was very nice. (Live Oak Lodge location)
2. Beach House was awesome.
3. Resort was well kept.
4. Cast Members were the best we have ever experienced on Disney property.
5. Food was great. (Dole Whip, Mickey pretzel, beignets, etc.)
We already have rented a studio for July 4,5,6 from DVC Store!
We are buying a 50 pt resale contract from DVC Store after this trip.

Has anybody else experienced DHHIR lately?

Our first visit was in 1997 on some sort of promo. It was a 2 bedroom for $99 with a $25 gift card. I had a 5 year old at the time plus my older kids and a friend and 5yo kept running to each room, in and out the balcony doors and generally was feeling she was in a house since most trips were in basic hotel rooms until buying DVC.

My family has loved it ever since and eventually bought not nearly enough points there, but we've been able to go pretty much whenever we've wanted to, probably due to the 'it's not right on the beach' people and the 'it doesn't have a sit down restaurant' people. I really appreciate those people!

So, I just finished collecting nights at the 7 month mark for a week in a grand villa over Thanksgiving. First I used my home resort points to snatch a few of the nights and then waited patiently for the remainder. I've visited in grand villas a few times, but this will be the first time to sleep in one. Can't wait to have a fire in the fireplace. It will happen as having been for a week at TG on multiple occasions we always get some cooler weather and some lovely hot days.

And, my back up plan was to book 2 rooms - a studio and a 2 bedroom. Good thing I got the 3 bedroom as the week disappeared fast.

However, due to trade outs, there are 2 bedrooms available for cash. A friend was interested and I gave them the info on that. We already have 7 people and I like the living room to be for sitting not sleeping, although I've been known to doze off myself at times.

Our first visit was in 1997 on some sort of promo. It was a 2 bedroom for $99 with a $25 gift card. I had a 5 year old at the time plus my older kids and a friend and 5yo kept running to each room, in and out the balcony doors and generally was feeling she was in a house since most trips were in basic hotel rooms until buying DVC.

My family has loved it ever since and eventually bought not nearly enough points there, but we've been able to go pretty much whenever we've wanted to, probably due to the 'it's not right on the beach' people and the 'it doesn't have a sit down restaurant' people. I really appreciate those people!

So, I just finished collecting nights at the 7 month mark for a week in a grand villa over Thanksgiving. First I used my home resort points to snatch a few of the nights and then waited patiently for the remainder. I've visited in grand villas a few times, but this will be the first time to sleep in one. Can't wait to have a fire in the fireplace. It will happen as having been for a week at TG on multiple occasions we always get some cooler weather and some lovely hot days.

And, my back up plan was to book 2 rooms - a studio and a 2 bedroom. Good thing I got the 3 bedroom as the week disappeared fast.

However, due to trade outs, there are 2 bedrooms available for cash. A friend was interested and I gave them the info on that. We already have 7 people and I like the living room to be for sitting not sleeping, although I've been known to doze off myself at times.
I am happy to hear that buying at HHI is the right move for our family!
We stayed on rented points before buying a resale contract. We are closing this week hopefully.

I want to let everyone know that I started a HHI owners and Beach Lovers thread under DVC Resorts if you are interested to join!

Last edited:
Beach is wonderful. Wide and flat, waves gently roll in, not crashing. As the tide goes out, little tidal pools form that even youngest can splash in safely. Beach is firm enough to ride bikes for miles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter