***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

My friends on the free dining thread just informed me that southwest is releasing their flights on May 19th now and sure enough, the website confirms it!
what what? OMG!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU! that would have sucked if I missed it lol.

Well..I'm adding an extra day to my trip for Epcot..so if that tells you anything..lol.

However,one of my girlfriends today, who was there last December, said she thinks I'm crazy for it and don't need the extra night. BUT- she also said that she didn't have a desire to go to CP, and that's a huge decision factor for me.
If you ask 20 people you will get 20 opinions, lol. I have a very good friend and I value her opinion, but I also know where our tastes and preferences vary wildly and I take that into account too. You have to know yourself.

@Kimberly9701 And @Lisa F the Poly pool is pretty awesome. My boys were on it non stop and still talk about it. They like that it's a fun slide and not a lot of work to get on over and over like at water parks. It's not too fast or rough either like at water parks. I liked it too.

Also......is Epcot lots of fun at the time we are going? We aren't planning to do the CP so far. Should we plan on extra time or more days to enjoy WS? Or is it just decorated?

Now, to just make a decision about where to stay. I'm deciding once and for all this week. Thank you both so much for all of your help. I'm thrilled to meet others that think the same way I do.

I might have to try to work some time in for the pool if it is warm enough. Maybe we'll just do an hour or two at AK on the christmas party day and then come back and swim before dinner and party. Now something else to worry about.... the weather! It can go either way in florida. I went to epcot for NYE 2000/2001 and I believe it was 28 degrees that night! OMG WE FROZE. could just as easily be in the 70's though!

Well..I'm adding an extra day to my trip for Epcot..so if that tells you anything..lol.

However,one of my girlfriends today, who was there last December, said she thinks I'm crazy for it and don't need the extra night. BUT- she also said that she didn't have a desire to go to CP, and that's a huge decision factor for me.

So the CP is pretty awesome? For some reason I wasn't thinking of doing it. Not sure why. I guess I just can't imagine it. Isn't there dining you can do with it? Is that what you do?

If you ask 20 people you will get 20 opinions, lol. I have a very good friend and I value her opinion, but I also know where our tastes and preferences vary wildly and I take that into account too. You have to know yourself.

That makes sense. Good to know!

I might have to try to work some time in for the pool if it is warm enough. Maybe we'll just do an hour or two at AK on the christmas party day and then come back and swim before dinner and party. Now something else to worry about.... the weather! It can go either way in florida. I went to epcot for NYE 2000/2001 and I believe it was 28 degrees that night! OMG WE FROZE. could just as easily be in the 70's though!
I'm planning on cold. But my son and I have very different definitions of "COLD". He doesn't remember his life in South Florida (we moved here 4.5 years ago), he wants to start wearing shorts as soon as the temperature hits 60 (I'm still in sweaters), I however spent the better part of my life there, so anything past October is typically too cold for me to swim sans wetsuit.

If it's unusually warm again-- I definitely won't complain!!!

Ha! Hi Lisa, it looks like we overlapped each other. Great minds! Husband and 2 boys. They will be 11 and 13 year old will turn 14 during trip. I've been told rooms at WL are small.....thought the bunk beds would be good and also thought the little fireplace and chair/couch nooks that are on the floors would be nice for reading or getting out of the room a bit. I appreciate you mentioning the smaller but not "small". We have traveled lots over the years, and been in everything from rental homes to motel rooms....so a small room at Disney is ok by me. Plus I thought the bunk beds would be nice. BUT, seriously reconsidering and doing the CR. I just love the monorail. WL looks fun, just don't know if we'd feel stuck without monorail. First world problems.

We've stayed at the WL on January, during the construction. A courtyard view room with bunk beds would be fun your your sons and you wouldn't be facing the construction. If you want to save a little money then this wouldn't be a bad place to stay. But if you can swing it then I would choose the CR instead. The rooms are much bigger than at the WL. And there are a lot of amenities that are closed at WL. The beach is closed, the marina, the health club, and the fire pit is closed, too.

I got a PIN code in my email!!!!

And it's not for my dates :(

I almost jumped for joy when I read 30% off..and then looked at the time frame lol

I got a PIN code in my email!!!!

And it's not for my dates :(

I almost jumped for joy when I read 30% off..and then looked at the time frame lol
oh no! I don't think there is a whole lot for that week due to pop warner filling so many rooms. BOOOO. although there should be something on the deluxes!!! one can hope. I am a DVC member so that's one thing I don't have to worry about any more!

oh no! I don't think there is a whole lot for that week due to pop warner filling so many rooms. BOOOO. although there should be something on the deluxes!!! one can hope. I am a DVC member so that's one thing I don't have to worry about any more!
I know.. I'm still hoping though!! A discount on would be nice. The dates for discounts this year are totally throwing me off- Christmas week and Thanksgiving week? I don't get it.

Maybe an AP discount will come out later on. If that happens I've already crunched the numbers, would only buy one for myself, not really saving any money- but basically getting an AP for "free"

Ha! Hi Lisa, it looks like we overlapped each other. Great minds! Husband and 2 boys. They will be 11 and 13 year old will turn 14 during trip. I've been told rooms at WL are small.....thought the bunk beds would be good and also thought the little fireplace and chair/couch nooks that are on the floors would be nice for reading or getting out of the room a bit. I appreciate you mentioning the smaller but not "small". We have traveled lots over the years, and been in everything from rental homes to motel rooms....so a small room at Disney is ok by me. Plus I thought the bunk beds would be nice. BUT, seriously reconsidering and doing the CR. I just love the monorail. WL looks fun, just don't know if we'd feel stuck without monorail. First world problems.
I missed this, I think I got too excited about the southwest thing lol.

I have not kept up with what is going on there at WL with the construction but I'm just a monorail loop girl. With kids it's just easier. I have stayed at BLT and it is seriously the most stress free for dealing with the MK. Both have plusses and minuses I guess and you can't really go wrong with either honestly... I mean really, talk about a first world problem!! WL has GORGEOUS theming esp for christmas... but the bigger issue to me is location and lack of amenities at WL due to construction than the room size, but I live in a pretty small apartment now and don't need a palace when I am on vacation. I am staying at the Poly for my MK portion of the trip and it will make things so much easier... but VWL was my backup if I couldn't get Poly or BLT, both of which were sold out way before my window opened to book them. A kind gentleman here on the DIS offered to swap his Poly home resort points with my BWV points and he made the reservation for me before it sold out. I am SO grateful for that bit of pixie dust sprinkled on me!

Last edited:
Do we think the 3-9 will be packed with PW? My main choice is 1-7 or 3-9. Need to hurry up and decide for ADRs!!

Do we think the 3-9 will be packed with PW? My main choice is 1-7 or 3-9. Need to hurry up and decide for ADRs!!
from what I have heard/read, PW makes it noisy at their resorts (I forget which, some values and moderates) so you would want to avoid those, and they can travel in packs at night, but don't really make a huge impact on anyone else's experience... and HS is closed down one night for them for an after hours private event and traditionally it has been on wednesday. I think it is entirely workable personally but up to you :)

We've stayed at the WL on January, during the construction. A courtyard view room with bunk beds would be fun your your sons and you wouldn't be facing the construction. If you want to save a little money then this wouldn't be a bad place to stay. But if you can swing it then I would choose the CR instead. The rooms are much bigger than at the WL. And there are a lot of amenities that are closed at WL. The beach is closed, the marina, the health club, and the fire pit is closed, too.

Thank you for your help! My brain has just shut down over trying to decide. I went in thinking I wanted the WL (for xmas and because we've never stayed there.) Then construction has me thrown for a loop. And we always stay on monorail.......so the I thought I'd miss that. Now thinking CR or Poly (we just stayed there last September). But, still keep coming back to WL. I've never been this indecisive, I just really had xmas at WL in my head......but now think we may miss the monorail. You guys are awesome here!

I missed this, I think I got too excited about the southwest thing lol.

I have not kept up with what is going on there at WL with the construction but I'm just a monorail loop girl. With kids it's just easier. I have stayed at BLT and it is seriously the most stress free for dealing with the MK. Both have plusses and minuses I guess and you can't really go wrong with either honestly... I mean really, talk about a first world problem!! WL has GORGEOUS theming esp for christmas... but the bigger issue to me is location and lack of amenities at WL due to construction than the room size, but I live in a pretty small apartment now and don't need a palace when I am on vacation. I am staying at the Poly for my MK portion of the trip and it will make things so much easier... but VWL was my backup if I couldn't get Poly or BLT, both of which were sold out way before my window opened to book them. A kind gentleman here on the DIS offered to swap his Poly home resort points with my BWV points and he made the reservation for me before it sold out. I am SO grateful for that bit of pixie dust sprinkled on me!

Hi Lisa,
I'm a monorail gal too. Both the Poly and CR are my faves! Thinking of doing one of those now. What a sweet guy! That's awesome about the point swap.

Oh, how are you deciding about dining? We know some places we want to eat, but when do park schedules come out? That will affect plans right?
Thanks!
Amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter