***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Hi Lisa,
I'm a monorail gal too. Both the Poly and CR are my faves! Thinking of doing one of those now. What a sweet guy! That's awesome about the point swap.

Oh, how are you deciding about dining? We know some places we want to eat, but when do park schedules come out? That will affect plans right?
Thanks!
Amy

Hey Amy,
I started here, at undercover tourists's crowd calendar, aiming for green days whenever possible and yellow when not. https://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/crowd-calendar/december-2016/#calendar

although now I see that one of my planned HS days is considered red and I'm not sure why... BUT that might be ok because we are planning to show up at rope drop, sign up for Jedi Training Academy, have a quick breakfast at starring rolls - will have 3 FPs, want to do indiana jones stunt show and a nice lunch at sci fi at 11am... and leave on the early side to freshen up for a 5pm dinner at CA grill. So even with that being a red day it should be manageable.... kid won't do ToT (took him once lol) or RnR so really great movie ride is the only tier 1 that we'd have to wait for and maybe would go there right after rope drop and before grabbing a snack for breakfast.

But anyway I made a list of restaurants i wanted to go to and then i sat down with that crowd calendar and started to formulate a plan. pop warner (from my research) typically has HS closed early on wed of that week for their party. I wanted to do CP, I want to do RoL, I want to do MVMCP and I am hoping to be able to hit the merry member mixer for DVC which was on Tuesday last year but was on mondays previous years so kind of trying to keep my first few days a bit flexible to do that. It's tough with disney not releasing dates yet. I want them a year in advance lol.

My problem is Undercover Tourist and Touring Plans have very different parks selected for the same day! I am waiting for Josh to release his, but used last year's calendar to rough draft our plans.

My problem is Undercover Tourist and Touring Plans have very different parks selected for the same day! I am waiting for Josh to release his, but used last year's calendar to rough draft our plans.
i'm not subscribed so I can't see the crowd calender predictions. I used undercover tourist last year and it was alright. what is it saying that is different?

A sample:
12/1:
MK - Yellow 4-6 Undercover Tourist / 1 out of 10 Touring Plans
EP - Green 1-3 UT / 1 TP
HS - Red 7-10 UT / 2 TP
AK - Green 1-3 UT / 2 TP

12/2:
MK - Green 1-3 UT / 2 TP
EP - Red 7-10 UT / 2 TP
HS - Yellow 4-6 UT / 4 TP
AK - Green 1-3 UT / 2 TP

12/3:
MK - Yellow 4-6 UT / 5 TP
EP - Red 7-10 UT / 4 TP
HS - Yellow 4-6 UT / 4 TP
AK - Green 1-3 UT / 4 TP

So, some are similar, but some are quite different.

Hi guys! Can I join in the fun here?

My boyfriend and I are planning a split trip to Florida, 11/30-12/11.

The plan is to fly into Miami and do Miami/the Keys up to Tuesday, 12/6.

On 12/6 we will drive up to Orlando and hopefully check into a studio villa at AKL (planning on renting DVC points), staying from Tues, 12/6 - Sun, 12/11.

We are still fleshing out our plans but the real excitement of this trip is it will be our first to WDW in the Christmas season (other than a spur of the moment 1-nighter last Dec. to see the Osborne Lights for the first/last time!) and I am a Christmas nut!!! I will post our more detailed plans once I get them more settled.

On 12/6 we will drive up to Orlando and hopefully check into a studio villa at AKL (planning on renting DVC points), staying from Tues, 12/6 - Sun, 12/11.

We are still fleshing out our plans but the real excitement of this trip is it will be our first to WDW in the Christmas season (other than a spur of the moment 1-nighter last Dec. to see the Osborne Lights for the first/last time!) and I am a Christmas nut!!! I will post our more detailed plans once I get them more settled.
Yes, please do! If you are planning on renting DVC points you should do so soon, early december is a VERY popular time for DVC and resorts are filling up very fast!

YAY!!!! Fun!!!! Welcome to the planning!

I hope there is a typo. every tuesday and thursday is discounted except the week i am going where saturday is discounted instead of thursday? makes no sense!

image-png.166595

how huge is huge?

ETA- That is not from my phone. I copied the pic from another thread

Last edited:
I can't click on the link that was posted...still at work

I clicked the link and it says it is for 2015. for the period we will be there they have the prices reversed for advanced purchase vs. at the gate. I am hoping that they also messed up some of the days and maybe copied over days from 2015 and that's why for every other week tuesday and thursday are discounted but for the week I am going it is tuesday and saturday!

I clicked the link and it says it is for 2015. for the period we will be there they have the prices reversed for advanced purchase vs. at the gate. I am hoping that they also messed up some of the days and maybe copied over days from 2015 and that's why for every other week tuesday and thursday are discounted but for the week I am going it is tuesday and saturday!
I can't imagine that a Saturday would be discounted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter