2 page layout sold for $760 on Ebay

very nice work! But I have to disagree with you guys about the price! I mean, if someone has that kind of money why should they not spend it how they like? I am happy for the woman who made the LO! And when you really start to add up the amount of time (two weeks!! ) and money that was spent on that LO, $750 isn't so outrageous.

looks cute but not that amount of money! well maybe its worth the work, but is better if you scrapit yourself!

very nice work! But I have to disagree with you guys about the price! I mean, if someone has that kind of money why should they not spend it how they like? I am happy for the woman who made the LO! And when you really start to add up the amount of time (two weeks!! ) and money that was spent on that LO, $750 isn't so outrageous.

I am very pleased for the person who made the layout. She does really beautiful work and deserves to be compensated for her time and talent.

I still think the buyer is odd. To each his own. :confused:

Honestly? There are a lot of people in the world who have "I'm-Not-At-ALL-Crafty Syndrome" and as a result, those people are willing to pay huge amounts of money to have other people be crafty for them. It's their money, and they can do whatever they want with it. However, after looking through the buyer's previous purchases, I'm wondering if they realize it would possibly serve them better to contract through an individual to make an entire book for them rather than paying $15-700 a page.

Wow! I just looked at these pages and they really are beautiful and truly works of art. Now I think that kind of money for scrapbook pages is crazy, but maybe if I had that much money I wouldn't think so. (When powerball comes in, I'll let you know :thumbsup2 )

The seller now has another page up for auction. It's at $102 with 4 days left. It is also really beautiful with all the detail. She really is talented. Here's a link to her new item on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EASTER-BUNNIES-...ryZ11792QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have no problem with people spending money on whatever they like - their money, their choices! DH thinks I spend too much on scrap stuff, I don't see the point of his graphic novels, spiderman comics etc etc. Each to their own!

But however much work has gone into these pages (and its obviously a LOT) they are not for me! I do think they would overpower all but the finest professional photos (and perhaps even those) and for me scrapping is as much about my telling of the familiy stories as about using other people's stuff. (Not that that stops me swapping, of course:rolleyes1 ) But is some of my pages work better than others, well, that's life!

What really amazes me about this is it is only paper!
This seller must have quite a following, and people with disposable income to bid on her stuff. I'm thinking if I could get that money from my paper, I would quit that day job after all....:rotfl:

Hmmmmmmm, maybe even jumping in with an extra swap item here and there just to test things out...:idea:

DS said he could appreciate the work that had gone into it but that it was so cute it made him nauseous:sick:

Then he started looking through my recipe swap folder and saying "There must be £100-worth of stuff here, perhaps we should e-bay it". I've safely hidden it for now :rolleyes1 but it did get me thinking about doing a version of the recipe books I'm doing for the boys (but only minimum number of pages) and giving it a go. CM are doing free pages and protectors for Sentiments albums this month....

To me, scrapbooking is all about the pleasure (and pain) of coming up with a layout and picking out the materials, and doing it myself. I don't get buying a layout.

I agree. I want it to have my personality and be something I can say I made whether its great or not :rolleyes1 ;)

Plus for $700 spent on supplies wisely would last me a loooooooong time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter