2 week stay - 1 week single parent. Please Help.

Sorry, I’m not much help with the transportation part. When we stayed at SoG we used the buses. It was Christmas and awful. We had the grandsons so we broke down a double stroller every time. I assume you won’t have your own car. If it is in your budget, maybe a Minnie Van?? I hear good things about them.
We actually will have a car so I will use it if need be. When I'm on my own, I may just use our larger single stroller & make my 5 & 2.5 yr old swap and/or ride together. I'll probably start by trying the walk & if it doesn't work, I'll take the car.

I would definitely use my own car. I agree that I would use a single stroller and have the 5yo walk. When you are doing partial days the 5 year old should be fine. If you need it in the evenings for parades or something they can share. I think you will really enjoy this time with your kids!!!

AK_ Pandora light up is really amazing. I would make sure that you plan for one evening staying after dark at AK

With the park hopper plus, you also get some mini-golf options. You might want to consider that as an option if they get burned out on the parks. Since you will have a car, you can drive over to the Winter/Summerland course. I think that is the better course kiddos. :)

It sounds like an amazing trip! I hope you have a great time!

So, here's the big challenge. To ride without an adult a child has to be 7. So on peter pan, tsmm, buzz lightyear you will have to ride with your two younger children and your oldest will have to ride alone.
On Peterpan they can all ride together.

We actually will have a car so I will use it if need be. When I'm on my own, I may just use our larger single stroller & make my 5 & 2.5 yr old swap and/or ride together. I'll probably start by trying the walk & if it doesn't work, I'll take the car.
I'd take a double or at the very least a sit n stand.... We did many times and are so thankful we did. Especially with you having your own car it won't be an issue.

We don't plan full rest days because bored kids are more stressful for me. Instead, I'd plan lots of partial days Where you can either do the water park or hit a park. Start later, move slower, decide based on everyone's mood, weather, what you missed last time, etc.

Do you have a list of all the shows you want to see? Fantasmic! at HS is pur family favorite. Fireworks at MK and EP are must-dos as well. HS fireworks are really only for Star Wars fans. I love the tree awakenings at AK, but find ROL totally skippable.

Make sure you see both Lion King and Nemo at AK. We also like all of the shows at HS- Indiana Jones, DisJr, Frozen Sing-a-long, and BatB.

7dmt is the only ride I know for sure that separating kids would be an issue. Barnstormer is tight, don't know if I've ever seen three across on it. You can't let the 5 and 8 year old ride anything that the little one is too short for anyway, so be sure to lay that groundwork early in the trip.

Let us know if you have any specific show or ride questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter