20% Target discount on Disney cards

GeneralTso

DIS Veteran
Vaguely worded (hidden in plain sight) ad in Target flyer about spending $75 on Black Friday and getting a 20% off coupon for future purchase.

I called my local Target for clarification because I want to use that 20% coupon to purchase several Disney cards for upcoming vacation.

Bottom line---need to wait to see the actual coupon and what the exclusions are. Guy was really nice, said he has been fielding calls about this for days and he wishes he knew for sure, but didn't.

He did say that it should work, those cards typically are NOT excluded. He was very clear though that until wording on coupon is verified, he couldn't be definitive.

All I can say is WOW. If this really does work----BINGO!!

They've been discussing this for days over on the Budget Board. It *might* work, since the 5% red card discount works on Disney cards, but I would say it likely will not. Target employees are very specifically instructed NOT to say anything. They are not allowed to share any information about whether it will work or not, and likely most of them don't even know anyway.

The most recent discounts and promo codes have not worked on Disney cards. If you think about it, getting 20% off + another 5% for using the redcard would be a huge discount. I don't know what the profit margin is for gift cards, but it doesn't seem like it would be that much. This is pure speculation on my part but since people have been using the cards in giant batches to pay off vacations, cruises, and DVC dues, I think Target will make sure and exclude gift/entertainment cards from this promo. If they don't, be prepared to get in early before the stock is wiped out.

The budget board seems to be deals and steals on everything BUT Disney stuff. Great for general shopping but this is specific to trip planning and how that discount will be a huge win if it really works.

Thanks for the info. Great post. I think a lot of us are crossing our fingers on this one

Until it actually works at checkout online or in the store we won't know.

Next question is how on earth does one pay for rooms with a stack of $50 gift cards? That's got to be annoying as heck for the front desk folks. I'll tackle that after I see the outcome of this.

Probably a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway. Where is the budget board? Is it part of DIS?

Next question is how on earth does one pay for rooms with a stack of $50 gift cards? That's got to be annoying as heck for the front desk folks. I'll tackle that after I see the outcome of this.

I did this once at the DLH for a 4 night stay. It took a while and the CM was really nice about it. I wouldn't worry about spending your gift cards where they're accepted, no matter how many you're using.

We used gift cards to pay for a 7-night stay at the PPH. We waited until a time when it wasn't too busy. The CM was very nice about it.

When I checked details, I discovered that the 20% coupon received for spending $75 ON BLACK FRIDAY, can only be USED between December 1st-7th. Important to know, if it turns out the coupon can, in fact, be used towards the purchase of Disney gift cards.

Oh believe me, if it really does work---I will be purchasing Disney cards between Dec 1-7th!! :thumbsup2

It would be awesome if the coupon can be used! But, a few weeks ago I received a 10% off coupon for my entire purchase because I recently moved and Target mailed to me a "Welcome to the Neighborhood" coupon and I tried to purchase some gift cards and it would not work. It excluded all gift cards including entertainment cards so this makes me feel it may not work? But hoping it does!!! :)

It would be awesome if the coupon can be used! But, a few weeks ago I received a 10% off coupon for my entire purchase because I recently moved and Target mailed to me a "Welcome to the Neighborhood" coupon and I tried to purchase some gift cards and it would not work. It excluded all gift cards including entertainment cards so this makes me feel it may not work? But hoping it does!!! :)

I had the same experience with a promo code Target sent me last week. There was nothing in the wording to exclude gift cards at all, but it wouldn't work for them. It was an online code. I called and was told by the first agent that she didn't know that code but she'd apply it manually; however, she had to refer me to another department to do it and they said no and I got the same answer the next 2 times I tried. It worked on other merchandise so it was a valid code. It was only $5 off a $50 purchase so no big deal but others have said recent promo codes have not worked on Disney gc's either so I'm doubtful about this 20% promo.

The Budget Board is part of DIS, but as General Tso said, it is often about other kinds of savings and not just Disney. I need to stop going over there because I keep finding great deals on things I didn't know I needed and destroying my budget :upsidedow

ETA: here is the link to the Budget Board http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

I just received my 20% off coupon from Target about an hour ago. The first exclusion listed is gift cards. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I was hoping it would work too!

Is there a limit or expiration on the disney cards?

Can I buy 1 card worth $2000?

denman007 said:
Is there a limit or expiration on the disney cards?

Can I buy 1 card worth $2000?

$50 cards is the highest they have.

I doubt this is going to work on Disney cards, but I still got one just in case. I purchased two $50 Disney cads online last night and just woke up to the 20% off coupon in my email. Crossing my figers that I wake up tomorrow to reports of it working so I can run out and pick up a bunch.

Starting this thread as I have this 20% off coupon. I will be using it for groceries regardless, but would like anyone who tries to use theirs for the Disney Gift Cards to let us all know if it works.

I will but my gift cards for our Xmas trip anyway but if I can get them 20% cheaper I'll buy them sooner. Love my RedCard discount but this in addition would be great!!

Was going to say that too! I am going to use my coupon tomorrow AM. I think the store opens at 8 am?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter