20% Target discount on Disney cards

I hate to burst everyone's bubble (we were counting on the disney gift card 20% off too!)...my hubby is a manager for target and although the coupon is not allowed to be used until tomorrow, it became active as of this afternoon. He tried scanning some merchandise, and it all rang up correctly with the 20% off, but the Disney GC's popped up as a red screen that said something to the effect of "No promotion offered on this item". Yep, the 20% will NOT work on Dis cards. There is not even a way for managers to override it as some people were hoping if it wouldn't work. Sorry guys.

then why will the discount work for the Red Card and for the pharmacy rewards card? They are not gift cards.

From what I am hearing, they allow those discounts because it's a small amount, but they have blocked the 20% for sure. Even the district manager thought that people would be able to use it for the same reasons you stated, but nope, corporate blocked it. I guess it's too much of a discount. It makes sense. It would make for a big loss for them. They don't make hardly anything on those as it is, so if they sold them at such a discounted price, it would be at a huge loss to the company. And yes, I get that target technically classifies them as "entertainment" cards, however, the packaging does say "giftcard" We also were hoping to stock up on starbucks cards too (same kind of "entertainment" cards), but alas, they won't work either. :(

I know! I'm so sad too! We were going to pay off the rest of our trip and pre-buy food, etc. wah!!

then why will the discount work for the Red Card and for the pharmacy rewards card? They are not gift cards.

My guess is that Target would LOSE a lot of money if they allowed the 20% discount on "entertainment cards." The profit margin on "entertainment" cards is very small (may even be less than 5%).

I would still be interested to see if it works when people try it tomorrow at register....maybe it's just this store it's not working at?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter