20050709 North East US DISMeet July 2005 - Allentown PA

Bmwdsny said:
Good Monring all!!

Had a great time meeting many of you...I met everyone who i am cruising with this Aug. on the Eastern Repo Cruise. Sorry, Tanya, i miss you too!! :confused3 I am sure we ran into each other at one point not knowing one another!

Well, our article is out...Anyone still in Allentown Area, pick up the Newspaper of the "Morning Call" this morning and it is on page B3 of the Local Section. For others, take a look here on website...(no pictures shown though)Dismeet Article

Thanks Fred for doing a wonderful job. I know it was not easy putting all together...Looking forward to next year at the next Dismeet in July 2006.

Going to Dorney Park today..Perhaps i will see many of you there!! Beautiful Day too!! Have fun!!

Hi there!

Im heading to Dorney now! Well aftert Breakfast....look for the DIS tee shirts, im still on the look out for a coaster rider to go with me!!

StaceyA said:
Hi there!

Im heading to Dorney now! Well aftert Breakfast....look for the DIS tee shirts, im still on the look out for a coaster rider to go with me!!

Hey Stacey wish we could have stayed, Devon would have loved to do the coasters with you. Next year we will stay over and hit Dorney.

Fred we had a great time. You did a wonderful job with everything! Can't wait until next year.

If I still didn't have a splitting headache from being sick, I'd come up and ride with you. Maybe next year.

Enjoy!

StaceyA said:
Hi there!

WOW My first meet and I think it was terrific. I have to Thank Fred and all the people that helped him get it together. You out did yourselves!!!

I really enjoyed putting the faces to the people of who's websites I visit.

I have already put July 15, 2006 on the calender and look foward to another great meet.

Thank you to John Ric for putting up with my daughter Ellissa and her pin trading. I think that she may just be at one of your meetings in the near future.

Thank you to Deb Wills for sitting down to chat for a few minutes. I look foward to finally being able to get to Mousefest in Dec 06.

Again, thank you Fred for all your hard work and to everyone else who helped him. Know that your efforts did not go unappreciated.

We had the best time yesterday! :banana: :banana: :banana: I wanted to post right away last night but, like Charade, I was feeling under the weather. :sick: There was SO much pixie dust going around yesterday that I didn't realize how badly I felt till it was time to go home. Charade - we should have gotten together, we could have commiserated with each other. :chat:

I don't know about the rest of you, but for us the day just flew by! The food...the speakers...the trivia...the prizes...and most of all, the company made it a stellar event! :thewave: Even my 11 yr old DS had a blast. (I promised him that next year we would stay over - even though we live only 35 minutes away, LOL! ) Plus I got to meet Deb Wills! ::yes:: WOW, what more can you say?

To my wonderful tablemates at the SPACE MOUNTAIN table, thank you for the lovely day! :grouphug: Carol I'm thrilled to see you continuing to post!!! I'm glad your brother enjoyed the event too. Sharon, Kathryn, Daphne, and Beth - I hope you'll start posting as well. Especially trip reports, LOL!!!

Sorry I didn't get to meet more active DIS-ers. :sad1: Maybe next year we can wear lime green pins with our DIS ID's? What do you think? :confused3

Beth/Liv2CdWorld I tried to find you! Every time I saw someone with a young son I asked them their name/DIS ID. I got some REALLY weird looks!!! :crazy: Sorry I missed you - maybe next year???

StaceyA it was so nice to meet you. Right about now you're probably enjoying the coasters.

Bmwdsny - saw the Morning Call article. You got a lovely write-up about your upcoming trip.

Again, three cheers for Fred & Renee - you did an awesome job! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Can't wait for July 15, 2006!

Jessica :wave:

I am proberly the fortunate one, who walked away with the most stuff between Tanya and myself...books,coffee,snow globe and the rest of the freebees...It was great seeing everyone especially Towncrier..Thanks to Fred and his wife for making this a magical time...Hope to see everyone next year..

Hi Everyone!

Great to see you all, yesterday! We had a fantastic time at the Meet! Thanks so much to Fred, Renee, and their entire team for putting together such a special and memorable event and for all of the time, effort, and heart that they put into its organization! And thanks so much to John, Deb, Len, and Lou for their great, interesting, and fun presentations and for coming to join us all at the Meet!

Here are some pictures that I took, yesterday, if anyone would like to see!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lisar...//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lisaruthb6/my_photos

Hope that you all had a great rest-of-the-weekend and hope to see you all again, next year, if not before!

Lisa :)

The meet was good!

Fred was so stressed I was glad to help...
he did SOOOOOO much work for this and it turned out WONDERFULLY!

another round of applause for Mr Majestic and his absolutely fabulous, patient, helpful family!!! here here!!!

and all those who attended, spoke, presented and played...I applaude each and every one of you for your patience and pleasant participation
[size=-2]haha...patience and pleasant participation[/size]
...say that four times real fast ;) :laughing:
Heres to everyone for making my day an awesome and Magical Day!!!
....here here !!!

~~~There were 165 people in attendance and Majestic is looking for 250 for next year!!!!!!!~~~It would be nice wouldn't it?! Mark those calendars, July 15, 2006.
~~~

We had DISers and DisneyWorldTrivia .com people come from VA, CT, DE, PA, NJ, NY, and OH! I sat with Deb Wills from allears and Len Testa from the Unofficial Guide to WDW and Sharla Whalen - scrapbooker/author. I met with lou Mongello (whom I met last year) - DWTrivia author and webmaster. John Rick from central jersey pin traders was also there.

I was lucky to have made new friends at last year's meet that I got to see again this year and hopefully next year's as well.

Some of you were missed...and I'm gonna point you out! :laughing:
VerandahMan, my friend Cruisin asked me to say hi to you..:boat: so Hi! :wave:
Tinkerbell 739, you and DH and the kids should mark your calendar for next year. You know it'll be a good time.
Ducklite, in Florida now eh? You missed a good time.

IASWRider :wave:
I did get to see Tanya and JDubbs, the kids were great, it was really good seeing you ... and John.... :teeth:
TeresaNJ and Hubby, great seeing you two and meeting Dom and Nick. TTYSoon :wave:
there were sooo many people, I'm going to spare you and not write EVERYTHING I'd like to say, so I'll just say Hey! To everybody else~hope to see you next year.

There was sooo much stuf! There was travel and trivia and free stuff all around. I am now the proud owner of an autographed Unofficial Guide and Walt Disney World Luxury guide. I won some Kilamongaro Coffee and got pins and lanyards and magnets, oh my! We had good food and I can't believe the hotel comp'd us to an open bar! (I only had one-two if you count the one I lost cause I put it down.) I had to drive.

Next year, I'm seriously considering a hotel room and then we'll be able to DIS, socialize and do Dorney!

We wanted to do Dorney Sat night but I had to get home for a family gathering at sis's house. I'm kinda glad we didn't stay cause I was yawning all the way home. It only took me and hour up and a little more than that home cause of a minor accident.

All in all, not a bad day.

I was so busy helping Fred that I took a total of three pictures the whole day, I normally would takes rollllls of pictures. btw John, they were of your Thomas...I have one really good one that I'll send to you two tomorrow ;) There were sooooo many cameras there. Pictures should start appearing soon if they haven't yet. ooh look...they're coming in right before my eyes! IASWRider Wins!!!

So...I am finally done...heres to Next year! Cheers! :earboy2:
:grouphug: :sunny: :moped:

Hi Tiggerwannabe! :) Thanks for everything! And great post - I echo your sentiments - fantastic Meet, fantastic people, fantastic time..........can't wait 'til next year! Can't wait to see more photos from everyone! :)

IASW Rider said:
Hi Everyone!

Great to see you all, yesterday! We had a fantastic time at the Meet! Thanks so much to Fred, Renee, and their entire team for putting together such a special and memorable event and for all of the time, effort, and heart that they put into its organization! And thanks so much to John, Deb, Len, and Lou for their great, interesting, and fun presentations and for coming to join us all at the Meet!

Here are some pictures that I took, yesterday, if anyone would like to see!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lisar...//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lisaruthb6/my_photos

Hope that you all had a great rest-of-the-weekend and hope to see you all again, next year, if not before!

Lisa :)

Lisa!

Great Pictures...im even in one with you! ;)
You did a great job with the who am I, what am I game.

I will post a link to my pictures as soon as I upload them! :cool1:

Hi Stacey! Thanks! And thanks so much for everything that you did, helping plan the Meet, too! I feel so badly because I wanted to come over and say "hi" and introduce myself, so many times, yesterday, but everything went so fast that we never got a chance to really meet! :( Great seeing you, though! How was Dorney Park, today? Hope that you all had an amazing time! :)

Speaking of people being missed Colleen, I know Ray Sharpton would of loved to be there.He wished us all a good time on a post a couple of days ago and I know he wanted to be with us....Dont worry Ray me and Towncrier were thinking of you and I said Hi to Deb Wills for you :sunny:

StaceyA said:
Lisa!

Great Pictures...im even in one with you! ;)
You did a great job with the who am I, what am I game.

I will post a link to my pictures as soon as I upload them! :cool1:

I really enjoyed your pictures too - thanks for sharing! I'm in one too - from the back in the black checked blouse - with my son in red/white/blue.

Lisa, you did do a wonderful job with the questions! Sorry I didn't comment on that earlier. Thank you for your efforts - it was obvious you put a lot of thought into it. Also thanks to all of Fred's other helpers who made the day possible - didn't want to leave anyone out! :blush:

How was Dorney, Stacey? Hope it was fun.

Jessica :wave:

IASW Rider said:
Hi Stacey! Thanks! And thanks so much for everything that you did, helping plan the Meet, too! I feel so badly because I wanted to come over and say "hi" and introduce myself, so many times, yesterday, but everything went so fast that we never got a chance to really meet! :( Great seeing you, though! How was Dorney Park, today? Hope that you all had an amazing time! :)

We had a good time, all the rides were walk ons! It was sooo hot though and we had to drive 3 hours home so we only stayed till about 2pm, but got on all of the coasters, that was the important thing! LOL

It was hard to really get to chat with everyone, but it was so much fun!

Charade:
I hope you are feeling better today!! Im glad you got to come though, and won!

Astryd: How did your video come out? It was great getting to meet you and your son, too bad we couldn't line dance with our safari hats though ;)

Mickey's Sister: Im glad you came up to me! You need a DIS button!!

Speaking of which....TownCrier!!! Thank you SO MUCH for my buttons!! :cool1:
I think I am stocked up now so I won't have to cry the blues when I lose one (and you know I will)

Fred (Majestic) and Renee: Thanks again! It was awesome! I hope I can make it to next years meet! You know I might have to move around a European Trip to do so! LOL

Deb Wills: Mom and I had a blast chatting with you Saturday night after dinner, hope you had a good golf game.

And last but not least....my table mates....Lou and Deanna (AKQJ10) Mom and I had a blast sitting with you two, we have never laughed so hard!
(Im drinking out of my mug as we speak, with my feet up on my new box)

To anyone else that I spoke too that I might not know your DIS Name (Including those that are on the ship of fools ;)) Thanks for chatting!!

It was a blast!

Jdubbs said:
Speaking of people being missed Colleen, I know Ray Sharpton would of loved to be there.He wished us all a good time on a post a couple of days ago and I know he wanted to be with us....Dont worry Ray me and Towncrier were thinking of you and I said Hi to Deb Wills for you :sunny:

I wish Ray could have come Hi Ray! :wave2: we had fun visiting with you and Dan Murphy last year!

Nice to hear from so many that were there. And super pictures, Lisa, great one of you with Deb. Looks like a wonderful time, a great meet.

Dan Murphy said:
Nice to hear from so many that were there. And super pictures, Lisa, great one of you with Deb. Looks like a wonderful time, a great meet.

Thanks Dan.. Wish you were there also..

Hey Fred!

Father of the year!
f73c38eb.jpg

dda67106.jpg

c3759a90.jpg

A closer look...the cap is on LOL
9e298542.jpg

tiggerwannabe and Cruisin--Sorry we couldn't make it on Saturday, hopefully things will work out that we will be able to make it in July 2006. I received an e-mail from Melinda(Bmwdsny) this morning with a copy of the newspaper article, it sure sounded as though everyone had a great time on Saturday!!!

My family and I did get to meet another DIS'er(mickeymom923) and her family on Saturday July 9th at the Deptford Mall-Deptford, NJ for lunch at Ruby Tuesday. We had a great time meeting each other and talking all things Disney. Our families will be cruising together on the Disney Magic in August 2006. We will also be meeting at WDW at the Trail's End Restaurant with some other fellow "Cruisin' Castaways August 2006 Cruise" DIS'ers that will be at WDW at the same time next month.

After our meal on Saturday, I asked our waiter to take a photo of our group. I'm attaching the photo below.
Mini%20DISmeet%207-9-05.JPG

On the right from front to back: Bev(mickeymom923), my DW Hazel, me(Verandah Man)
On the left from front to back: Bev's DS Harley, Bev's Dmom Esther, Bev's DD Lindsay(Poohbear926), and my DD Angelina.

tiggerwannabe said:
The meet was good!

Some of you were missed...and I'm gonna point you out! :laughing:
VerandahMan, my friend Cruisin asked me to say hi to you..:boat: so Hi! :wave:
Tinkerbell 739, you and DH and the kids should mark your calendar for next year. You know it'll be a good time.
Ducklite, in Florida now eh? You missed a good time.

:

I was called out!! :earseek: We could not make it this year because we had just gotten back from a week long vacation to Ocean City, Maryland.

HOWEVER...DH and I just talked about it and next year sounds like a go!!! We have a travel trailer and I think we may bring that and camp at a near by campground(have to look into that) I bet we can get alot of camping DISers to do that as well. We would love to do Dorney the next day as well.

Sounds like you all had a great time and the pics look great. I am looking forward to more so keep them coming people!!! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter