20050709 North East US DISMeet July 2005 - Allentown PA

Hi Everyone!
We (sjh801, cvemom and punkypie) got home around 3:00 and 4:00 today! We had a tremendous time! Fred did such a super job. I took some pics and so did cvemom. But, if you have the Allentown paper, you can already see Cassidy, the newest pin trader. :wave2: She was so excited that she ended up with a picture in the paper.

Met some great people and will post more later. We are already marking our calendars for next summer. I haven't unloaded the car yet. I had to get in and see how Leontyne Kitty fared by herself. She is fine, but has become "Super Velcro Kitty" now! :love:

Towncrier: We didn't meet, but we were in the same traffic jam coming across 80 on Friday. For those of you who weren't there, the signs they put beside the roads to show your speed said nothing! :rolleyes: That is exactly what the speed was. I think it took us about an hour to go 2 miles. :earseek: Still, we arrived safely and had a great time. Now I can get ready to put some more names and faces together.

Yes, Dan Murphy! You would have had a great time, too.

More later!

Everybody! Let's hear it for Fred!!!
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
Way to Go!!!

Astryd said:
Hey Stacey wish we could have stayed, Devon would have loved to do the coasters with you. Next year we will stay over and hit Dorney.

Fred we had a great time. You did a wonderful job with everything! Can't wait until next year.

Hi Astryd!
Now I can put a name and face with you. I am assuming Devon is your son in the picture, so that means you were the video camera Mom. I was the "lady" in the pink Tink shirt standing by Devon and in front of you in the "big" group picture that Deb took.

My sister, Jan (cvemom) and my niece, Cassidy, and I went to Dorney on Saturday night. I rode the spinning and swinging rides with my niece and my sister rode just the Thunderhawk with her. Decided she was too young and we were too ______ to ride the biggies. ;)

Hope to see you next year and posting often on the DIS Meet Board and the Community Board.

Sandy

Hello Everyone,
Just got home after spending the day at the Crayola factory in Easton PA.

I just want to say how honored I am to have been invited to speak to such a great group about OUR fantastic hobby!!

Sheila and I enjoyed the day, and by the sounds of it you all did as well!!

Hope to see you all next year, and if we can each bring along a new person with us it could be well over 250 people next year!!!

Regards,
John Rick- Founder
Central Jersey Disney Pin Traders

Hi Everyone,

I just got home (yes we played 18 holes of golf today on the way back from Allentown :) and wanted to say what a super time Linda and I had at the meet. Meeting all of you was a thrill for me and the whole event was just great!

There really isn't anything like a Disney Fan Meet to bring huge smiles to your face!

My It's a Small World Moment was when I heard someone say "You were horseback riding with me!" I looked up to see Kate, who was on the same Puerto Vallarta Horse Back Riding Excursion that I was just about 5 weeks ago when we sailed the Disney Magic. That was pretty cool! Plus I got to meet her super parents and younger brother.

I want to thank Fred and his family for organizing an outstanding event! They went over and above to ensure everyone had a wonderful time! You are super Fred and I was honored to be a part of such a wonderful gathering!

I was particularly moved when Fred presented the $500 check to Mrs. Maryland from the Starbright Foundation. A portion of everyone's ticket fee went to the donation. It was a very special moment that everyone in the room could share!!!! Talk about Pixie Dust!!!

For those of you who wanted to come and were unable to, we missed you all very much. Ray, Dan and everyone else, hopefully we can all be there next year! I'll have photos online in the morning!

I could go on and on. So I'll end by saying thanks to everyone for a very special day that I will remember for a very long time!!!

Deb

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
Fred, Renee and family...GREAT JOB. This was my first Dis Meet and it is definitely not my last. I really didn't know what to expect neither did Cassidy. I think I now live with the one of the world's youngest 'pin traders' :teeth: Be fore we went to the meet Cassidy ask what there was going to be for her to do. I told her I didn't know but I was sure she would have fun. Well, Mom sure didn't lie. She had the time of her life. She wanted to stay another day with all her new Dis friends.

We both met so many new people and made good friends. We can't wait for next year. We'll be there!!!!and we'll pass the word to others to come and join in the fun.

REMEMBER...JULY 15, 2006 ! ! ! BE THERE !

Hopefully tomorrow I will get around to downloading pictures from the meet to share with everyone.

Thanks again Fred for all your hard work.

You are a braver woman than I, Stacey! I would have gone to Dorney........but it would have been a waste for me, since I'm afraid to ride the coasters! :( Glad to hear that you had a great time, though! :)

Hi Jessica! Thanks so much for your thoughtfuness! :)

And we sure did miss you at the Meet, Dan - hopefully you will be able to come out and join us, next year! Thank you for your kind words! :)

I agree with Deb - I thought that it was very touching and important when Fred presented Mrs. Maryland International with our group's donation to the Starlight Starbright Foundation. In addition to gathering to share our Disney memories, see old friends and make new ones, and learn about new aspects of Disney, we were also able to give something very special and meaningful, together, as a group of friends and as a community. :)

StaceyA said:
My pics are finally ready!

Pictures!

Did you need to take that picture of me. ;)

II only got 4 pictures. :( too much video taping and not enough pictures. Mind if I steal some for a scrapbook page or two? lol

Astryd said:

I like it! It is so cute to have a pic of you doing your "job" are you still seeing spots from the flash?? :flower:

Astryd said:

II only got 4 pictures. :( too much video taping and not enough pictures. Mind if I steal some for a scrapbook page or two? lol

Don't confuse me by adding more to your post after I write back to you! :rotfl:

You are more then welcome to any of my pictures! :)

StaceyA said:
I like it! It is so cute to have a pic of you doing your "job" are you still seeing spots from the flash?? :flower:

no, took me a while to get rid of them. lol

ot we are on vmk, come see us. need to tell them how great it was, so they will come next year.

Blueeyes101817 said:
Great pictures!!

Thanks ;)
I wish I got to take more, I was too busy having fun to remember to take them!

We wanted to get a picture of the VMKers but it just didn't happen.

StaceyA said:
Don't confuse me by adding more to your post after I write back to you! :rotfl:

You are more then welcome to any of my pictures! :)

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Sorry :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

i didnt get to talk to my DISer and realize who they were..in the beginning i was at the checkin table but didnt get to find out who was who...but i had a blast anyways..

Blueeyes101817 said:
i didnt get to talk to my DISer and realize who they were..in the beginning i was at the checkin table but didnt get to find out who was who...but i had a blast anyways..

You knew me right? ;)
LOL

Im on my way to the VMK, lets hope I can get in.

Blueeyes101817 said:
i did find you stacey!!!! :) and it was great to meet ya!

have fun on vmk,,i havent been on in ages!

Me neither because of getting the boot, im trying again ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter